John Ratcliffe is an American politician and attorney who has served as the congressman for Texas's 4th district since 2015.
Facts of John Ratcliffe
|Full Name:||John Ratcliffe|
|Age:||57 years 7 months|
|Birth Date:||October 20, 1965|
|Birth Place:||Mount Prospect, Illinois, northwest of Chicago|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Education:||Bachelor of Arts in Government and International Studies|
|Hair Color:||Dark Brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Gemini|
|View more / View fewer Facts of John Ratcliffe|
John Ratcliffe is an American politician and attorney who has served as the congressman for Texas’s 4th district since 2015.
John Ratcliffe has been regarded as one of the most conservative members of Congress. He is a prominent Trump supporter. You can read all about his background and his career so far below.
Bio, Age, Parents, Nationality
Recalling his early life, John Ratcliffe was born in Mount Prospect, Illinois, northwest of Chicago. He was the youngest of six children; both of his parents were teachers. He was born on October 20, 1965. His age is 58 years old as of 2023.
Regarding his education, He graduated from Carbondale Community High School in Carbondale, Illinois in 1984, and the University of Notre Dame in 1987 with a Bachelor of Arts in Government and International Studies. He then attended law school at SMU in Dallas (now Dedman School of Law) and earned his Juris Doctor in 1989.
Quick Facts About John Ratcliffe
|Date of Birth||October 20, 1965|
|Birth Place||Mount Prospect, Illinois, northwest of Chicago|
|Profession||politician and attorney|
John Ratcliffe: Career, Net Worth 2023
- Talking about his career, Until 2004, Ratcliffe was a lawyer in private practice. He has served as an adjunct professor of law at various law schools.
- In 2004, President George W. Bush appointed Ratcliffe to be the Chief of Anti-Terrorism and National Security for the Eastern District of Texas, within the U.S. Department of Justice.
- In May 2007, Ratcliffe was named interim U.S. Attorney for the district.
- Ratcliffe returned to private law practice when Rebecca Gregory was confirmed by the Senate as the permanent U.S. Attorney for the district in April 2008.
- In 2009 he became a partner with former Attorney General John Ashcroft in the law firm Ashcroft, Sutton, Ratcliffe. He served in that position from June 2004 to May 2012.
- In 2012, Ratcliffe was part of a transition team established before that year’s general election by Republican candidate Mitt Romney, to vet potential Presidential appointees.
- In 2014, Ratcliffe ran in the Republican primary against 17-term incumbent Congressman Ralph Hall of the 4th district. At 91, Hall was the oldest member of Congress and the oldest person ever to serve in the House of Representatives. The Dallas Morning News wrote that Ratcliffe was Hall’s “most serious political challenge in years.
- On March 1, 2016, Ratcliffe easily defeated two primary challengers, getting 68 percent of the vote, 47 percentage points ahead of the second-place finisher. Once again, no Democrat filed to run in the November general election. In the general election, Ratcliffe’s Libertarian opponent got only 12 percent of the vote.
- On November 6, 2018, Ratcliffe won re-election to a third term with nearly 76% of the vote, defeating Democratic challenger Catherine Krantz and Libertarian challenger Ken Ashby.
- During the 116th Congress (2019-present), Ratcliffe kept his seats on the Ethics, Homeland Security, and Judiciary committees and also became a member of the Intelligence Committee.
As a lawyer and government employee, John assumed the sum of a good amount of money from his career. His estimated net worth and salary for 2023 are still under review.
John Ratcliffe Director of National Intelligence
President Donald Trump announced on July 28, 2019, that he intended to nominate Ratcliffe to replace Dan Coats as Director of National Intelligence. Dan Coats has held the position since 2017 and will officially be stepping down from his position on August 15th, 2019.
On August 2nd, Ratcliffe abruptly withdrew his name from the appointment. The withdrawal happened after Republican senators raised concerns about him, former intelligence officials said he might politicize intelligence, and the media revealed Ratcliffe’s embellishments regarding his prosecutorial experience in terrorism and immigration cases.
John Ratcliffe, a conservative representative from Texas’s 4th District reportedly met with Trump to discuss the job nearly on July 2019 and gained national attention after going after Special Counsel Robert Mueller during his testimony before Congress.
Ratcliffe said during the public hearing, “I agree with Chairman Nadler this morning when he said Donald Trump is not above the law. But he damn sure should not be below the law which is where Volume II of this report puts him.”
Relationship Status of John Ratcliffe
Reflecting on his personal life, John was a married man. He was married to Michele Ratcliffe. Fortunately, the couple shares the same year of birth (1965). They share two children, daughters Darby, and Riley Ratcliffe. Their eldest child, Riley plays soccer and is a student at Texas A&M. She is currently in a relationship with her boyfriend Jarrod Rasberry.
Darby is a student at Rockwell-Health High School and is an avid competitive diver. Based on both of Ratcliff’s daughters’ Instagram photos, they are incredibly close with one another and they both regularly visit Washington, D.C. to visit their father.
Body Measurement – Height, Weight
Moving to his body statistics, there is not a piece of single information available on the internet or social media. Once it was disclosed, we will let you know.
FAQs of John Ratcliffe
How old is John Ratcliffe?
He is 58 years old as of 2023.
What happened to John Ratcliffe?
On February 28, 2020, President Trump announced that he would again nominate Ratcliffe to be Director of National Intelligence, and after Senate approval, he resigned from the House and was sworn in on May 26.
What is John Ratcliffe’s Net Worth?
His estimated net worth and salary for 2023 are still under review.