John Marcum Wells is an American theater, film, and television producer, writer, and director. He is best known for his role as executive producer and showrunner of the television series ER, Third Watch, The West Wing, Southland, Shameless, Animal Kingdom, and American Woman.
Filmmaker, Director and Producer
Facts of John Wells
|Full Name:||John Wells|
|Age:||2 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||January 18, 2021|
|Birth Place:||Alexandria, Virginia, US|
|Profession:||Filmmaker, Director and Producer|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Llewellyn Wallace Wells, Jr.|
|Mother's Name:||Marjorie Elizabeth|
|Education:||Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts|
|Ethnicity:||(English, Irish, Scottish, Swedish and Norwegian)|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus|
|View more / View fewer Facts of John Wells|
As people, we're generally optimistic, no matter how disabled our lives are, and we find the humor in the darkest situations.
I grew up in a family that was very barbed and difficult, and there was a lot of humor. None of it was painless humor. All of it was at someone else's expense. It was kind of always about power.
As an adult, you think of yourself as being someone else when you're away from your family, but when you come back to your family, you suddenly find yourself back in the exact same role that you always had in your family as a child and as a teenager. John Wells Family Always Your
John Wells is an American theater, film and television producer, writer, and director. Wells is best known for his role as executive producer and showrunner of the television series “ER”, “Third Watch”, “The West Wing”, “Southland”, “Shameless”, “Animal Kingdom” and “American Woman”. He is also a labor leader.
- Recently, in the series “Animal Kingdom”, the character “Smurf”(Ellen Barkin) said bye to the TNT family as decided by the owner of the show, John Wells.
- This news made all the fans of the show in shock and somehow it is the loss of the show itself.
John Wells Famous For?
- John Wells is famous for his roles in several series including “American Woman”.
John Wells’ Early Life: Birth Date/Parents?
John Wells was born on May 28, 1956, in Alexandria, Virginia, US. His birth name is John Marcum Wells. His nationality is American. His ethnicity is White with Gemini as his zodiac sign.
He has English, Irish, Scottish, Swedish and Norwegian ancestry.
John Wells was born to Marjorie Elizabeth(mother) and Llewellyn Wallace Wells, Jr.(father). His father is an Episcopalian minister.
John graduated from the Carnegie Mellon School of Drama in 1979 with a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts. While at school, he was one of the earliest actors to work at the City Theatre.
John Wells’ Career?
- Wells kicked off his career as a producer through the 1987 film “Nice Girls Don’t Explode”.
- He began writing for TV with an episode of CBS Summer Playhouse entitled “Roughhouse” in 1988.
- He was hired as the producer for the second season of the ABC drama series “China Beach” in 1988.
- He also worked on two television films in 1992 “Angel Street” and as a co-executive producer of “The Nightman”.
- He was hired as an executive producer for the pilot of NBC medical drama “ER” for all its fifteen seasons in 1994.
- When ER ended in 2009, he had written almost 31 episodes of the series, and directed 7 episodes.
- He then co-created “Third Watch” with Edwards Bernero and served as a producer throughout its six-season run.
- After then he took over as showrunner of “The West Wing” in 2003 for the fifth season of the series till 2006.
- He also developed the series, “Southland” for NBC in 2009. He founded the production company John Wells Productions, which was based at Warner Bros.
- He has been an executive producer and writer on the TNT drama “Animal Kingdom” since 2016.
- He began to work on an American adaptation of the British series “Shameless” in 2009.
* Flim Career
- He made his directional debut with the film drama “The Company Men” in around 2010.
- His second movie “August: Osage County” was released in 2013.
- He then produced “Love and Mercy” in 2014.
- He then directed the cooking drama film, “Burnt”.
*Awards and Achievements
- Peabody Award for “The West Wing”(1999 and 2000) and for “Third’s Watch”(2001)
- Outstanding Drama Series for “ER”(1996).
- Outstanding Drama Series & Outstanding Special Class Program for “The West Wing”(2000, 2001, 2002, & 2003)
- Three Guild Awards for “The West Wing” and “ER”.
- Received Directors Guild Diversity Award in 1997 and Vision Award in 2000.
- Lifetime Achievement Award in 2005.
- Received honorary “Doctor of Fine Arts” degree in 2014.
John Wells’ Personal Life: Dating/Married?
The aged producer, John Wells is married to Marilyn Wells. The couple together is blessed with two children.
John Wells’ Net Worth?
John Wells has an estimated net worth of $80 million. He has his income coming from his movies and several TV series.
Wells had listed his home in Los Angeles for $14.5 million back in 2007 and his compound in Vail for $19.5 million. In 2017, Wells sold a house to producer Brian Robbins for $12.5 million.
John Wells’ Body Measurements?
John Wells stands tall with average height. He has a fair complexion with brown eyes and brown hair.