Actress, Singer and Songwriter
Facts of JoJo
|Age:||32 years 5 months|
|Birth Date:||December 20, 1990|
|Profession:||Actress, Singer and Songwriter|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of JoJo|
Joanna Noelle Blagden Levesque, better known by her stage name JoJo, is a singer, songwriter, and actress from the United States. She became popular after featuring on the television show America’s Most Talented Kids in 2003, when she was just thirteen years old. She became the youngest artist to ever top the US Billboard Pop Songs chart with the release of her self-titled debut album in June 2004.
Over the years, he has released a number of albums, songs, and EPs, as well as acting in films and television shows. For over a decade, her soulful voice, wide vocal range, and, of course, unrivaled elegance have kept her at the top of the music charts. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at her.
What do you think JoJo’s claim to fame is?
From the United States, she is a musician, songwriter, and actress.
When was JoJo born?
In the year 1990, Joanna Nolle Blagden Levesque was born in Brattleboro, Vermont, in the United States. Her parents are Joel Maurice Levesque and Diana Levesque (née Blagden). Her mother was a member of a Catholic church choir and had studied musical theatre. Her mother raised her after her parents divorced when she was four years old.
Her forefathers and mothers hail from England, Native America, France, Poland, Ireland, and Scotland, among other places. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius, and her race is American. She, too, was a devout Christian.
Where did JoJo get her education?
JoJo graduated from high school in 2009 with a diploma. She was accepted to Northeastern University with the intention of majoring in cultural anthropology, but she did not enroll.
When did JoJo begin her professional singing career?
- JoJo began performing in theaters when she was six years old, and she auditioned for Kids Say the Darkest Things: On the Road in Boston while looking for new ways to express herself. She was cast on the show almost immediately and worked with Bill Cosby.
- She became popular after appearing on Destination Stardom, where she sang Respect and Chain of Fools, and was later invited to perform on The Oprah Winfrey Show. She also appeared on the television show Maury.
- She rose to prominence after appearing on NBC’s America’s Most Talented Kids as a contestant. Diana DeGarmo, on the other hand, beat her in the race.
- The next year, she auditioned for Blackground Records after Vincent Herbert demanded it. Her vocal dexterity astounded the producer, and she was immediately signed on.
- In 2003, she began work on her album. The next year, her debut single, Leave (Get Out), was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America. She had a tour scheduled before the release of her album.
- JoJo debuted at # 4 on the Billboard 200 and went on to sell over 95 thousand copies in its first week. The Recording Industry Association of America certified her second single, Baby It’s You feat. Bow Wow, gold, and it charted at number 22 in the United States.
- In 2005, she attended a fundraiser for the victims of the Asian Tsunami and Hurricane Katrina. She also worked as a host and actor for the City of Hope National Medical Center.
- In 2006, she hosted a pre-Grammy Awards countdown function. Producers and casting agents began to notice her talents as a host, and she got many television offers, including the role of Zoe in Hannah Montana, which she declined because acting was not her top priority.
- After a promising career in music, she quickly found herself in the television and film industry. She played Hailey in the 2006 film Aquamarine, and she co-starred with Robin Williams in the comedy-drama RV. Both films grossed a lot of money at the box office.
- “The High Road,” her second album, was released in October 2006 to positive reviews. In the United States, the album debuted at number three on the Billboard 200.
- Her first single from the album Too Little Too Late became the most successful climb in music history, climbing from number 66 to number 3 on the charts. The next two songs on the record, How to Touch a Girl and Something, didn’t make the top ten, but they showed a lot of promise.
- She started working on her third album in 2008 and had it done and ready for distribution by 2009 when disaster struck and the songs from her upcoming album were leaked on YouTube.
- Her reputation was ruined as a result of this, and she sued Blackground Records, accusing them of sabotaging her career. As compensation for her loss, she requested $500,000.00 from the label.
- The dispute was ultimately settled out of court in 2009, and her third album was set to be released on the Interscope Records label. The publication, on the other hand, did not happen.
- The fallout with her label, according to JoJo, was the most painful time of her career, and it took her a long time to get back on her feet.
- She didn’t want to keep her fans waiting for an album, so she released a mixtape in 2010 called Can’t Take That Away from Me. Her mixtape’s first track, “In the Dark,” was a subtle sign that she was back in the game.
- In the middle of the year, she released her second single, Disaster, on radio stations. Despite some criticism, it managed to reach number 87 on a billboard in the United States.
- She chose to open for the Joe Jonas & Jay Sean Tour because she wanted to emphasize her own shows, and this helped her get the attention she deserved.
- In 2012, she released Agape, her second mixtape. Her singles We Get By and Andre were released shortly after, and the mixtape was well received, depicting her as a confident pop artist.
- For the second time, she sued Da Family and Blackground Records in 2013. According to her, the label had to compensate for her forfeiture because the damage to her career was permanent.
- She also asked to be freed from an illegitimate contract she signed as a minor, which had bound her to the label for more than seven years.
- After another out-of-court settlement, she signed a deal with Atlantic Records. She then released an Extended Play called III, as well as three singles called When Love Hurts, Save My Soul, and Say, Love.
- Mad Love, her third album, was released in October 2016, two months after Fuck Apologies, her first single. The song was written to send a strong message to those who attempted to deter her from achieving her goals.
- Her album debuted at number six on the Billboard 200, reiterating her youthful triumphs and solidifying her place in the music industry after nearly a decade of turmoil.
- He announced the release of a new album, Say So, featuring R & B singer-songwriter PJ Morton, on February 12th, and it would be released two days later, on February 14th. Say So was the first song from Morton’s album Paul, and it was released as the lead single.
- He announced on Instagram that her latest album, Good To Know, would be released in the spring of 2020, with a tour following in April.
What is the real state of JoJo’s relationship?
According to her personal life, JoJo dated American soccer player Freddy Adu from May 2005 to September 2006. She then began dating Jeremiah McConico in 2008, but their relationship was also short-lived.
In addition to singing and acting, she is a member of several charitable organizations, including the Boys and Girls Club of America, World Vision, She’s the First, Make A Wish Foundation, and others.
How much money does JoJo have?
Since she works in the entertainment industry, JoJo enjoys a decent amount of money and fame as an actress and R & B/pop artist. Her overall net worth is estimated to be $7 million, according to some online outlets. Her earnings and assets, on the other hand, have yet to be revealed.
JoJo body measurement
According to her body dimensions, JoJo is 5 feet 12 inches tall and weighs about 56 kilograms. She, too, is of average build, measuring 37-27-35 inches in length, width, and height, respectively. Her light brown hair and gray eyes complete her look. She was dressed in a size six shoe and a size ten shirt.