Joseph Chung-Hsin Tsai is a Taiwanese-Hong Kong-Canadian billionaire businessman and philanthropist. He is a co-founder and executive vice chairman of Chinese multinational technology company Alibaba Group.
Facts of Joseph Chung-Hsin Tsai is a Taiwanese-Hong Kong-Canadian billionaire businessman and philanthropist. He is a co-founder and executive vice chairman of Chinese multinational technology company Alibaba Group. B
|Joseph Chung-Hsin Tsai is a Taiwanese-Hong Kong-Canadian billionaire businessman and philanthropist. He is a co-founder and executive vice chairman of Chinese multinational technology company Alibaba Group. B
|60 years 2 months
|January 01, 1964
|When did Joseph Chung-Hsin Tsai is a Taiwanese-Hong Kong-Canadian billionaire businessman and philanthropist. He is a co-founder and executive vice chairman of Chinese multinational technology company Alibaba Group. B get married ? (married date):
|Dash Tsai, Alex Tsai, Jacob Tsai
|Relationship affair ?:
|Is gay ?:
|Dr. Paul C. Tsai
|Degree in Economics
|Height / How tall :
|Best Match for Marriage:
|Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus
|View more / View fewer Facts of Joseph Chung-Hsin Tsai is a Taiwanese-Hong Kong-Canadian billionaire businessman and philanthropist. He is a co-founder and executive vice chairman of Chinese multinational technology company Alibaba Group. B
Chinese citizens stand united when it comes to the territorial integrity of China and the country's sovereignty over her homeland. This issue is non-negotiable
When you put pieces on the chessboard, the observer may not understand why certain pieces are in a certain place, but we understand, we have a whole master plan behind it, it's always hard for an outside observer to try to figure out what Alibaba's trying to do, but we ourselves are very, very clear as to the strategy.
The healthy balance sheet of Chinese households and the increasing availability of credit will fuel consumption
Joseph C. Tsai is a Taiwanese-Canadian businessman and is the co-founder and executive vice-chairman of Alibaba Group Holding Limited. He was the only western-educated top executive at Alibaba then. Tsai owns 49% of the Brooklyn Nets National Basketball Association team. He ranks as the #147th Billionaire in the world and #8th in Hong Kong’s 50 Richest as in 2019.
- Joseph C. Tsai is nearing to deal to take control of the Brooklyn Nets Basketball Team from Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov as the sport grows in popularity in China.
Joseph C. Tsai famous for?
- Joseph C. Tsai is famous as the co-founder and vice-chairman of the Alibaba Group.
- He is also one of the names in the world’s billionaire rankings as of 2019.
Joseph C. Tsai’s Early Life: Birth Date/Parents/Education?
Joseph Tsai was born in January 1964 in Taipei, Taiwan. His birth name is Tsai Chung-Hsin. His nationality is Taiwan and he also has Canadian citizenship. His ethnicity is Taiwanese with Cancer as his zodiac sign.
Tsai was born to Dr. Paul C. Tsai(father) and Ruby Tsai(mother). His father was a second-generation lawyer and the first person ever from Taiwan to receive a J.S.D degree from Yale Law. Paul died in 2013.
Joseph was raised with his three younger siblings, Eva, Vivian, and Benjamin.
Tsai attended Lawrenceville School at the age of 13 where he played lacrosse and also was a member of the Cleve House. He then was enrolled in his father’s alma mater, Yale University there also he played lacrosse.
He received a Bachelor of arts degree in economics, East Asian studies from Yale College in 1986, and a Juris Doctor degree from Yale Law School in 1990.
Joseph C. Tsai’s Career?
- Joseph Tsai started his career as a tax associate at ‘Sullivan & Cromwell’ in 1990 just after his graduation.
- After three years at the law firm, he worked at the private equity and joined Rosecliff, Inc., as a vice-president and general counsel.
- He then joined Investor AB in 1995 where he met Jack Ma in 1999 through his friend.
- Tsai was impressed with Ma’s idea to create an international import and export marketplace as well as his charismatic personality.
- Later then, he left his $700,0000-a-year job at Investor AB and joined Ma as a member, and together with Ma, he established the “Alibaba Group” in 1999.
- Tsai was the leading contributor to the rise of Alibaba. He played a vital role since joining in 1999 to arrange to fund from Soft Bank etc initially.
- Tsai was the only Western-educated member who was in Alibaba where he accepted a salary of only $600 a year.
- He served as a chief operating officer, chief financial officer, and founding board member at Alibaba initially. Later, in May 2013, he became Alibaba’s executive chairman.
- Further, he has become the second-largest individual shareholder of Alibaba, right after Ma.
* Basketball Stake Ownership
- Tsai is the owner of the San Diego Seals, a box lacrosse franchise with the National Lacrosse League.
- In 2017, Tsai announced purchasing a 49% stake in the Brooklyn Nets from Russian Billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov for $2.3 billion.
- In 2018, he bought the Carolina Panthers, and in 2019, he headed a group that bought the “WNBA’s New York Liberty” also in 2019 he invested in the “Premier Lacrosse League”.
Joseph C. Tsai’s Personal Life: Dating/Married?
Joseph Tsai is married to Clara Ming-Hua Wu. Clara is the granddaughter of Wu San-Lien, the first elected mayor of Taipei City. Clara is an advisor for Taobao and also a member of the school’s board of trustees.
The couple tied a knot in 1996 and are blessed with three children.
Joseph, along with his wife and children is residing in La Jolla near San Diego, California. However, he spends much time in Hong Kong for business alone.
Joseph C. Tsai’s Net Worth: Billionaire?
The co-founder of Alibaba Group, Joseph Tsai has an estimated net worth of $9.4 billion. He is ranked as the #147th Billionaire in the world and #8th in Hong Kong’s 50 Richest as in 2019.
Tsai has his great part of earning through his Alibaba Group which is China’s biggest e-commerce company. Tsai also ranks as its second-largest individual shareholder after chairman Jack Ma.
Tsai also has an online shopping site, Taobao and Tmall, that revenue $56 billion and 654 million active customers in the year to March 31, 2019.
Joseph donated $30 million to his alma mater, Yale Law School in honor of his late father to support the continuing work of the Law School in 2016.
Joseph C. Tsai’s Body Measurements: Height/Weight?
Joseph Tsai has a well maintained average body figure. He stands tall with a height of around 5ft. 5inch.
He has a fair complexion with brown eyes and black hair.