Joshua Treadwell McCown is an American football quarterback for the Houston Texans of the National Football League.
Facts of Josh McCown
|Full Name:||Josh McCown|
|Age:||43 years 0 months|
|Birth Date:||August 04, 1979|
|Birth Place:||Jacksonville, Texas|
|Children:||Owen McCown, Bridget McCown, Aubrey McCown, Aiden McCown|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Education:||Southern Methodist University|
|Height / How tall :||6.4 inch|
|Eye Color:||Light Brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Josh McCown|
Josh McCown is an American football player with a jaw-dropping net worth. He started showing signs of going pro in the sports during his high school days as he was listed in the all-state honorable mention and was also named District 17-4A offensive player of the year and East Texas Player of the Year. In college, Josh was exceptional such that he played for two different colleges before being drafted in the 2002 NFL Draft.
Well, there is more to Josh outside of his sporting life. Here you will get to know more about him, his family, and how much he has amassed playing America’s most favorite sports.
Eagles sign Josh McCown out of retirement to help dire QB depth situation
The 2019 calendar year hasn’t been kind to the team’s quarterback position, headlined by losing Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles to the Jacksonville Jaguars in free agency. With the preseason now underway, they’ve lost fourth-year backup Nate Sudfeld to a fractured wrist and Cody Kessler to a concussion, which left the team exceedingly thin at the position. The sole survivor was rookie fifth-round pick Clayton Thorson, and no other healthy QB remained on the depth chart outside of Carson Wentz.
That changed on Saturday, as the Eagles signed veteran Josh McCown to a one-year deal, the team announced. The contract reportedly carries a base salary of $2 million but contains incentives that could push the total payout to $5.4 million, per Adam Schefter of ESPN.
McCown had initially opted to retire recently and take his talents to ESPN but also contended at the time he’d return if the situation was attractive to him. With the Eagles, the 40-year-old will be looked upon as QB2 behind Wentz, the franchise QB having durability issues of his own. He expects to return to his ESPN career following the 2019 season, but he’ll gladly put a pin in those plans, if necessary at that time as well.
As experienced a quarterback as you’ll find, McCown is entering his 17th year in the NFL, having already played for 10 teams over that near two-decade-long stretch. His career stat line won’t impress, though, having a win-loss record of 23-53 with 82 interceptions to his 98 touchdowns. McCown has shown an ability to step in for a short stretch or two and give his respective team a chance to win, and his biggest struggles have come when tasked with playing for extended stretches of a season. He nearly hit the .500 marker in 2017 with a 5-8 record as a member of the New York Jets but went 0-3 with them the following year before deciding to hang up his cleats.
With the Eagles in dire straits at the position and competitive fire still burning within McCown, it’s the attractive situation he was waiting on.
Where is Josh McCown born?
Recalling his early life, Josh McCown was born in Jacksonville, Texas to Pat McCown and the details about his mother are not in the media yet. Additionally, he grew up along with his siblings Randy McCown and Luke McCown. Talking about his racial background, he holds an American Nationality and belongs to the white ethnic group.
Further, he was born under the star sign Cancer. Talking about his early days, he attended Jacksonville High School in Jacksonville, Texas, and played for their football team. Later, he attended Southern Methodist University and also represented their team.
When did Josh McCown pursue his football career?
- Josh McCown was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the third round of the 2002 NFL Draft and played for them for four seasons. The NFL star was then a backup with the Chicago Bears from 2011 to 2013.
- Following that, he had starting appearances for playing for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, and New York Jets.
- The former Jets quarterback announced his retirement Monday, after playing 17 seasons in the NFL and appearing in games with eight different teams. He spent his final two seasons with the Jet, graciously serving as Sam Darnold’s mentor last season after losing the starting job to the rookie.
- “Looking back, I’m proud of how my career has gone,” McCown wrote on The Players Tribune, where he announced his retirement. “I don’t shy away from the journeyman label. I embrace it, full force.
- ESPN announced Monday that McCown will join the network’s NFL coverage as a studio analyst later this week. McCown, who turns 40 next month, also wrote that he plans on helping coach his sons, who are both high school quarterbacks.
- McCown, who was drafted by the Cardinals in 2002, also played for the Lions-Raiders, Panthers, Bears, Bucs, and Browns. McCown signed with the Jets in 2017, won the starting job over Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, and had the best season of his career throwing for 2926 yards and 18 touchdowns in 13 games.
- When the Jets drafted Darnold in 2018, McCown didn’t have much of a chance to win the starting job when it became apparent that the 21-year-old rookie was ready enough to start. But McCown embraced his role as a mentor, working closely with Darnold and developing a friendship with his young teammate. Darnold and the Jets will certainly miss McCown’s stewardship going forward.
- On June 17, 2019, McCown had previously announced his retirement and was subsequently hired by ESPN as an NFL analyst. However, on August 17, 2019, McCown signed with the Philadelphia Eagles following injuries to the team’s backup quarterbacks, Nate Sudfeld and Cody Kessler.
Is Josh McCown Married or Not?
Reflecting on his personal life, Josh is a married man and has tied the knot with her beautiful wife Natalie McCown. Furthermore, the couple started a manic relationship during their university days. The couple is a parent of 4 children two daughters Bridget and Aubrey and sons Aiden and Owen.
Talking about his wife, there isn’t much information about her but with all the information we can conclude that she has been a wonderful woman, raising her kids and supporting her husband.
How much does Josh McCown Earn?
Being a popular sporting athlete, it is obvious to have a whopping net worth. Reportedly, he has an estimated net worth of over $20 million. Furthermore, he has managed to collect $49,668,000 as entire career earnings, playing for 16 seasons whereas Aaron Rodgers is among the all-time highest earner with overall career earnings of $204,044,529.
As of now, he is currently a free agent and recently he was on a contract with New York Jets. Especially, Josh signed a 1 year, $10,000,000 contract with the New York Jets, including a $5,000,000 signing bonus, $10,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $10,000,000 while C.J. Mosley was the highest earner of the team with an annual salary of $17,000,000.
Talking about his assets, he has a collection of luxurious cars and owns a house. However, the detailed information about his probable assets is not in the media yet.
How tall is Josh McCown?
Observing his body statistics, Josh McCown stands a height of 6 feet 4 inches tall and weighs around 99 kg. He has an athletic body with blonde hair and light brown eyes. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosure, we will let you know.