Joshua Carter Jackson is a Canadian–American actor. He is known for his starring role as Charlie Conway in Mighty Ducks and as Pacey Witter in the teen drama series Dawson's Creek, Peter Bishop in the science fiction series Fringe (2008–2013), Cole Lockhart in the drama series The Affair (2014–18), Mickey Joseph in the drama miniseries When They See Us (2019), and Bill Richardson in the drama miniseries Little Fires Everywhere (2020).
Facts of Joshua Jackson
|Full Name:||Joshua Jackson|
|Age:||43 years 5 months|
|Birth Date:||June 11, 1978|
|Birth Place:||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Net Worth:||$8 Million|
|Relationship affair ?:||Yes|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||John Carter|
|Mother's Name:||Fiona Jackson|
|Education:||Mini School & Kitsilano Secondary School|
|Height / How tall :||6ft 2 inches|
|Hair Color:||Dark Brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius, Libra|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Joshua Jackson|
Three times Teen Choice Award winner Joshua Jackson is an American-Canadian actor know for his role as Pacey Witter in the teen drama series Dawson’s Creek and also as Peter Bishop in the science fiction series Fringe. Likewise, his most notable films include The Mighty Ducks film series (1992-96), Cruel Intentions (1999) and others. Let’s explore more about him through this article nearly.
What is Joshua Jackson famous for?
- A Canadian-American actor.
- His starring role as Pacey Witter in the teen drama series Dawson’s Creek (1998-2003), Peter Bishop in the science fiction series Fringe (2008-2013), Cole Lockhart in the drama series The Affair (2014-18), Mickey Joseph in the drama miniseries When They See Us (2019), & Bill Richardson in the drama miniseries Little Fires Everywhere.
When was Joshua Jackson born?
Going back to his early life, Joshua Jackson was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. His father John Carter is originally from Texas, the United States, and his mother Fiona Jackson, a native of Ballyfermot, Dublin, Ireland, who immigrated to North America in the late 1960s.
Growing up in California, he spent his childhood along with his younger sister, Aisleagh, and two older half brothers, Jonathan and Lyman. For education, he attended Ideal Mini School in Vancouver and later went to Kitsilano Secondary School.
When did Joshua Jackson begin his acting career?
- Joshua Jackson made his debut in the movie Crooked Hearts in 1991. His small yet effective role in this movie made the headlines and brought him to the limelight. It became easier for him to get meaningful roles following the release of this film.
- After the success of Crooked Hearts, he played another vital character in the musical version of the very popular Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. His character as Charlie was loved by one and all. It was just after this movie that he got in touch with a renowned casting director, Laura Kennedy. She helped him join the William Morris Agency which helped in his growth as an actor.
- The TV series Dawson’s Creek was another project that he is known for. It started airing in the year 1998 and became an immediate hit because of its gripping storyline. The show also starred some big names like Katie Holmes, Michelle Williams, and James Van Der Beek.
- Following the huge success of this show, he received opportunities to work in some big-budget movies, such as The Laramie Project, The Skulls, Cruel Intentions and The Safety of Objects. All of these movies became massive blockbusters.
- Apart from playing major roles in numerous successful movies, He has also been a part of many movies where he played cameos, and the most famous of them is Ocean’s Eleven. This movie had George Clooney, Brad Pitt, and Holly Marie Combs in the leading roles.
- In addition to movies and TV shows, he has also taken part in many plays. His most successful play amongst all is A Life in the Theatre. An interesting fact is that he had just moved to the UK in 2005 and was not at all ready for the part. But with a lot of effort, he managed to make the play a memorable one for the entire cast and also for the audience.
- From 2008 to 2013, He played the lead role of Peter Bishop in the science-fiction series Fringe, created by JJ Abrams, Roberto Orci, and Alex Kurtzman. The series appeared on the Fox TV network and was the second-highest rated new show of the 2008-2009 season after CBS’s The Mentalist. BuddyTV ranked him #9 on its “TV’s 100 Sexiest Men of 2010” list, #19 in 2011 and #14 in 2012.
- In March 2018, He makes a theatrical debut in Broadway, Children of a Lesser God, where he plays James Leeds, an unconventional teacher at school for the deaf who got in a conflicted professional and romantic relationship with a former deaf student, Sarah Norman (Lauren Ridloff). The play ran through May 2018.
- In 2019, He starred as defense attorney Mickey Joseph in the Netflix drama miniseries When They See Us. He also joined the cast of Hulu’s miniseries Little Fires Everywhere based on the book by Celeste Ng in May.
Who is Joshua Jackson married to?
Joshua Jackson is a married man. He is married to a British model and actress Jodie Turner-Smith. The couple started dating in 2018. They got married in 2019. The couple is expecting their first child at present. Previously, he dated a few girls. First, he was in a relationship with Margot Finley, a former actress whom he dated from 1996 to 1997. After the separation from Margot, He dated Katie Holmes, an American actress, producer, and director. They began their relationship in 1998 but broke up in 1999. Likewise, his other affairs are with Brittany Daniel (1999-2000) and Rosario Dawson (2002-03).
Moreover, He was in a romantic relationship with a German-born actress and former model Diane Kruger in 2006. Further, the couple shared apartments in Paris, Los Angeles, and Vancouver. However, after being together for 10 years, the boyfriend and girlfriend separated in 2016.
How much is Joshua Jackson’s worth?
Joshua Jackson is a Canadian-American actor who has a net worth of $8 million at present. His source of income comes from the entertainment industry. However, his salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Joshua Jackson?
Joshua Jackson has a height of 6 feet 2 inches and weighs around 80 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of green eyes and dark brown hair color. Further, he has 40 inches of chest size, 32 inches waist size, and 14 inches biceps sizes with an athletic body.