An American politician and lawyer, Justin Amash is a U.S. Representative for Michigan's 3rd congressional district. Amash was first elected to be a member of the House in 2010.
Facts of Justin Amash
|Full Name:||Justin Amash|
|Age:||42 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||April 18, 1980|
|Birth Place:||Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Attallah Amash|
|Mother's Name:||Mimi Amash|
|Education:||B.A Degree in Economics|
|Height / How tall :||6.3 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Justin Amash|
An American politician and lawyer, Justin Amash is a U.S. Representative for Michigan’s 3rd congressional district. Amash was first elected to be a member of the House in 2010. He was most recently re-elected in 2018. The chair of the House Liberty Caucus, Justin Amash is also a libertarian Republican and he had served in the “Michigan House of Representatives” representing the 72nd District.
What is Justin Amash Famous For?
The libertarian republic Justin Amash is famous as the leading advocate for government restraint in the United States.
Also for his work on “The Performance”(2013), “Stossel”(2009), and “At This Hour”(2014).
When was Justin Amash Born?
Justin Amash was born on April 18, 1980, in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States. His birth name was Justin A. Amash. He was born to Attallah Amash(father) and Mimi Amash(mother).
His father, Attallah, a Palestinian Christian, is a business owner, whose family immigrated to the United States in 1956. His mother, Mimi, is a Syrian immigrant to the United States.
He has a brother named Jeff Amash.
How was Amash’s Early Life?
Justin Amash was raised in Kelloggsville, Michigan though he was born in Grand Rapids. His nationality is American, and Aries is his zodiac sign. He has an Orthodox descent.
He attended Grand Rapids Christian High School and graduated as the valedictorian of his class from Kelloggsville Christian School in Kelloggsville. Amash earned his B.A. degree in economics and a J.D. degree at the “University of Michigan” in 2002 and 2005, respectively. After his graduation from the university, Amash became a consultant to his family’s business.
Prior to his political career, Amash worked as a corporate attorney for his family’s business for a year before being elected to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2008.
How is Amash’s Career?
– Justin Amash ran for the “Michigan House of Representatives” in 2008 in Michigan’s 72nd House District. He was elected as U.S. Representative from Michigan’s 3rd Congressional District in 2011.
– On August 3, 2010, Amash won the five-way Republican primary for the seat vacated with over 40% of the vote. He was endorsed by the Club for Growth, Ron Paul, and FreedomWorks PAC during his primary campaign.
– On October 25, 2010, issue, Time magazine named Amash one of its “40 under 40 – Rising Stars of U.S. Politics”. At age 30 Amash was the youngest federal officeholder in the United States on Time’s list.
– Amash won reelection to the U.S. House in 2012 and in 2016, with 53% and 59% vote respectively, and was endorsed by the fiscally conservative Club for Growth PAC, which spent over $500,000 supporting Amash in his Republican.
– Amash supports free markets with limited government regulation and was the only representative from Michigan to oppose federal aid in response to the Flint water crisis.
– Justin Amash believes government overspending is one of the biggest threats to the economic health and national security, and he has introduced an innovative balanced budget amendment—”the Business Cycle Balanced Budget Amendment”—to reduce the national debt.
He supports a fair and simple tax code and a regulatory environment that promotes economic prosperity.
– Amash has been a leading critic of the unconstitutional suspicionless mass collection of all Americans’ phone records, the indefinite detention provisions in the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), and the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA).
– Justin is a member of the Committee on Oversight and Reform (COR). He serves on the COR Subcommittee on Civil Rights and Civil Liberties and the COR Subcommittee on National Security. Justin also chairs the House Liberty Caucus.
– Amash has a great value of vote as he once had said, “I follow a set of principles, I follow the Constitution. And that’s what I base my votes on. Limited government, economic freedom, and individual liberty.”
Justin Amash in His Political Context
Recently, Justin Amash has become the first Republican legislator to call for the impeachment of President Donald Trump. He said that President Donald Trump has engaged in “impeachable conduct”, and asked for removing the current U.S. President.
Amash also accused Attorney General William Barr of misleading the public about Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s findings on Russian interference as he had posted a twit in his Twitter account on May 18, 2019.
Who is Justin Amash married with?
The reputed personality Justin Amash is married to Kara Janell Day. Kara is a graduate of Calvin College and a former elementary school teacher. Justin and Kara are blessed with three children: two daughters: Anwen Amash and Evelyn Amash and a son named Alexander Amash.
They live in Cascade Charter Township together.
He is an Orthodox Christian in the Antiochian Archdiocese of North America.
What is the Net Worth of Amash?
The American Republican legislator Amash has a handsome income from his service in the government as a politician. He had an estimated net worth of $110k in 2017 which rose to $41 million in 2018 and $22 million as of 2019.
He has a base salary of $174,000.
How Tall is Amash?
Justin Amash stands at a height of around 6ft. 3inches. He has a fair complexion with brown eyes and black hair.