Facts of Kai Havertz
|Full Name:||Kai Havertz|
|Age:||24 years 5 months|
|Birth Date:||June 11, 1999|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius, Libra|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Kai Havertz|
Kai Havertz is a German professional football player. He plays as an attacking midfielder. He currently plays for German club Bayer Leverkusen. He is the youth product of Leverkusen, promoted to the first team in 2016. The young talent has attracted several top European clubs. Sooner or later, football fans will see Havertz playing for the top clubs.
On the international level, he has represented Germany youth teams at various age levels. He later made his senior international debut in 2018. He has been awarded Fritz Walter U19 Gold Medal in 2018.
The German international has over 903k followers on his Instagram @kaihavertz29.
What is Kai Havertz Famous For?
- Recipient of the Fritz Walter Medal: U19 Gold in 2019.
- Recipient of the Fritz Walter Medal: U17 Silver in 2016.
Where is Kai Havertz From?
Kai Havertz was born on 11 June 1999. His birth place is in Aachen in Germany. He holds German nationality. He belongs to European white ethnicity. He has two siblings, Leah and Jan. Though the names of his parents are not available, it is reported that his father is a policeman and his mother is a lawyer.
Kai Havertz Career Timeline
- Kai Havertz was only 4 years old when he joined amateur club Alemannia Mariadorf. His grandfather, Richard was the chairman of the club.
- Six years later in 2009, the second division club, Alemannia Aachen signed Havertz into their academy.
- After spending a year at the club, he transferred to Bayern Leverkusen’s academy in 2010.
- Havertz scored 18 goals for the club’s U17 side in 2016. For his performance, he was awarded silver U17 Fritz Walter Medal.
- Havertz made his first-team as well as Bundesliga debut on 15 October 2016 in a 2-1 loss to Werder Bremen. He made his debut as a second-half substitute.
- With his Bundesliga debut, he became the youngest ever Bundesliga debutant at the age of 17 years and 126 days.
- He assisted Leverkusen’s 50,000th goal on 17 February 2017.
- Havertz scored his debut goal for Leverkusen’s first team in a 3-3 draw against Vfl Wolfsburg on 2 April 2017. Thus, he became the Leverkusen’s youngest-ever goalscorer in the Bundesliga at 17.
- He made 28 appearances in all competitions and scored 4 goals in his debut season.
- The following season, he made 35 appearances and scored 4 goals in all competitions.
- He helped the club to finish in fifth place in the 2017-18 season.
- Havertz became the club’s youngest-ever penalty scorer on 26 January 2019 after scoring a penalty against Wolfsburg. He was 19 years old and 16 days at the time.
- He became the second youngest-ever player to make 75 Bundesliga appearances in February 2019.
- He scored the only goal for the club’s 1-0 win over Stuttgart on 13 April 2019. It was his 100th appearance. He also became the youngest player since Horst Koppel in 1967-68 to score 13 goals in a single league season.
- He finished the 2018-19 season with 17 league goals, becoming the highest scoring teenager in a single Bundesliga season. He scored 20 goals in all competitions in that season.
- He finished second behind Marco Reus for the German Footballer of the Year award.
- His goal against Paderborn on the opening day of the 2019-20 season made him the second-youngest player of all time to score 25 Bundesliga goals.
- He broke Werner’s record for the youngest-ever player to reach 100 Bundesliga appearances in December 2019.
- Havertz has already scored 12 league goals (17 goals in total) for the 2019-20 season.
Kai Havertz International Career
- Kai Havertz has represented the Germany football team at various age levels. He has represented Germany U16, U17, and U19 football teams.
- He made his U16 debut in November 2014 in a 3-1 friendly win over the Czech Republic.
- He was part of the Germany U17 team that reached the semi-finals of the 2016 UEFA European U17 Championship.
- He captained the Germany U19 team.
- Havertz made his senior international debut in a friendly match against Peru on 9 September 2018. He came on as an 88th-minute substitute for Timo Werner.
- Havertz scored his debut senior international goal in a friendly match against Argentina on 9 October 2019.
- Fritz Walter Medal: U17 Silver – 2016
- Fritz Walter Medal: U19 Gold – 2018
- Bundesliga Team of the Year: 2018–19
- Bundesliga Player of the Month: April 2019, May 2019, May 2020
- UEFA Champions League Breakthrough XI: 2019
Who is Kai Havertz Dating?
Kai Havertz is unmarried but not single. He is too young to get married but young enough to date. He is dating a girl named Sophia for a long time. He occasionally shares pictures of himself with his girlfriend on his Instagram.
How Tall is Kai Havertz?
Kai Havertz stands at a height of 1.89 m i.e. 6 feet and 2 inches tall. He has a body weight of 82 kg. He has an athletic body build. He has dark brown eyes and his hair color is black.
Kai Havertz Salary
Kai Havertz is one of the aspiring German footballers. The young talent has already made his impression in Bundesliga. Several big clubs in Europe have been pursuing Havertz for a long time. It is just a matter of time when Havertz and Leverkusen can’t deny a lucrative offer from top European clubs. Once he lands a mouth-watering deal, he will acquire a whooping salary in his pocket. He also has an endorsement deal with Nike. His net worth is estimated at $2 million.