Kazuchika Okada is a Japanese professional wrestler and a four-time IWGP Heavyweight Champion who made his debut in 2004 at the age of 16 after being trained by legendary Ultimo Dragon.
Facts of Kazuchika Okada
|Full Name:||Kazuchika Okada|
|Age:||36 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||November 08, 1987|
|Birth Place:||Anoj, Aichi, Japan|
|When did Kazuchika Okada get married ? (married date):||, 2019|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Height / How tall :||6.4 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Kazuchika Okada|
To have a Japanese wrestler standing as the face of professional wrestling, there's only one person for that spot, and it's me
From what I can see, gone are the days where you can just be the strongest, and that will put you at the top. It takes a little bit more... something else to grab the attention of not just pro wrestling fans but fans in general - to catch their eye
I wouldn't say I really admired anyone. When I was a kid, there were definitely a lot of tough guys, but they weren't really cool. If anything, that was an influence on me: to take that toughness and combine it with the cool style, the cool entrance, the cool gear - and driving to work in a Ferrari
Kazuchika Okada is a Japanese professional wrestler and a four-time IWGP Heavyweight Champion who made his debut in 2004 at the age of 16 after being trained by legendary Ultimo Dragon. A four-time IWGP Heavyweight Champion, Okada’s fourth reign at 720 days is the longest in the championship’s history and he also holds the record for most successful title defenses at twelve. Here are details of his biography and all the other facts you need to know about the four-time IWGP Heavyweight Champion.
Kazuchika Okada Defeats Hiroshi Tanahashi In The Opening Night Of The G1 CLIMAX Tournament
In the main event of the evening, two old rivals faced each other once again, but this time the IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada was able to secure the victory.
As expected, these two athletes showcased why they’re some of the best wrestlers in the world by executing a crisp and exciting bout. Tanahashi gave Okada a run for his money; however, “The Rainmaker” would ultimately walk out with a clean victory in Dallas.
After a nearly 30-minute bout that saw both men pull out all the stops to get the victory, The IWGP Heavyweight Champion Okada performed a spinning tombstone piledriver and then another Rainmaker clothesline to get the win.
Where is the birthplace of Kazuchika Okada?
back to his early life, Kazuchika Okada was born in Anoj, Aichi, Japan. He is Japanese by nationality and belongs to Asian ethnicity. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. There is no information available regarding his parents on the internet yet.
Concerning his education, He started his primary education in Anjo but had to complete it in his mother’s hometown in the Gotō Islands in Nagasaki Prefecture. He, however, returned to Anjo after primary school.
As a child showed great interest in athletics. While in middle school, he was a member of the school’s baseball team as well as the track team. Okada didn’t stand out as a baseball player but he did as a sprinter, winning a regional 100-meter dash competition.
When did Kazuchika Okada pursue his wrestling career?
- Kazuchika Okada debuted in August of 2004 as a member of the Toryumon Mexico roster, part of the class of aspiring wrestlers taught by Ultimo Dragon. In December of 2005, Okada won the Young Dragons Cup, a tournament meant to showcase the Dragon Gym’s young trainees. As a member of Toryumon Mexico, Okada toured the United States, working dates with independent promotions such as UWA Hardcore Wrestling and CHIKARA.
- On October 28, 2006, Okada received his first title shot, teaming with his teacher against the team of Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin, for the NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Championship. The pair were unsuccessful in their title challenge.
- In 2007, he participated in Último Dragón’s 20th-anniversary show, wrestling in a six-man tag team match with Jushin Thunder Liger and Milano Collection A.T (NJPW wrestlers).
- After the match, Okada left Toryumon and joined NJPW. He remained with the NJPW till 2010. At NJPW, he went through further training before making his appearance in 2007, in a match against Tetsuya Naito, which he lost. While with the company, he competed in several high profile matches which he also lost. Despite the many losses, Kazuchika Okada was gaining fame and popularity as the crowd seems to love him.
- In 2010, NJPW sent him off to Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) for what they called a developmental tour. After his time with at TNA expired, Okada returned to NJPW in January 2012 and took on the name “Rainmaker”. Just a month after his return, he faced Hiroshi Tanahashi in a fight, defeated him and won the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. He only held the title for four months before losing it back to Tanahashi.
- In the same year, he won the G1 Climax (NJPW premier tournament). By the end of 2012, Tokyo Sports magazine named him the 2012 MVP in all of Japanese professional wrestling. In 2013, he won the New Japan Cup and regained the IWGP Heavyweight Championship from Tanahashi which he lost again after thirteen months.
- In 2014 also, he won the G1 Climax for the second time and has since then, won the IWGP Heavyweight Championship two more times. Kazuchika Okada is the first Japanese wrestler to make it to the top Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s list of the top 500 wrestlers in the world.
- In October 2017, Okada became the first wrestler in New Japan Pro-Wrestling history to reign as IWGP Heavyweight Champion for over 489 days. Similarly, in January 2018, He made another NJPW record with his combined reign as a champion stretching to 1,358 days. Later that same year, He became the first NJPW wrestler to have 12 successful title defenses in one reign.
- Besides wrestling, He was featured in the Japanese music video for Pharrell Williams‘ song Happy, alongside fellow NJPW wrestler Shinsuke Nakamura. In 2015, he featured as a voice character in Future Card Buddy Fight 100. Okada, alongside fellow NJPW wrestlers like Toru Yano, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito, Satoshi Kojima, and Hiroyoshi Tenzan, appeared in the 2016 video game Ryū ga Gotoku 6.
Is Kazuchika Okada married or not?
Reflecting on his personal life, Okada was a married man. He has married his long-term girlfriend Suzuko Mimori, a singer in 2019. At present, the couple lives a lavish life without any rumors and debates.
Previously, Okada linked with Yoko Mori, an Asahi TV presenter. They are in affairs from 2013 to 2017. Even they were engaged as well. But their relationship didn’t go well and they separated. the reason behind their separation still unknown.
How much net worth Kazuchika Okada owns?
As per various online sources, Kazuchika Okada assumed the sum of good money from his career as a wrestler. His estimated net worth said to be $3.1 million at present. However, his annual salary is between $1,700,000 to $2,200,000. It depends upon the match.
How tall is Kazuchika Okada?
Observing his body statistics, Okada stands a height of 6 feet 4 inches and weighs around 107 kg. He has a blonde hair color with black eyes. He has an athletic body build. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. in the case of disclosure, we will let you know.