Ken Berry is a well-known American actor, dancer, and singer.
Facts of Ken Berry
|Full Name:||Ken Berry|
|Birth Date:||November 03, 1933|
|Death Date:||October 02, 2023|
|Net Worth:||$4 M|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Darrell Berry|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Ken Berry|
Kenneth Ronald Berry famed as Ken Berry is a well-known American actor, dancer, and singer. He starred on the television series F Troop, The Andy Griffith Show, Mayberry R.F.D. and Mama’s Family and also appeared on Broadway in The Billy Barnes Revue, headlined as George M. Cohan in the musical George M! and provided comic relief for the medical drama Dr. Kildare, with Richard Chamberlain in the 1960s. He is a very talented actor.
Gossips and Rumors
Ken Berry, ‘F Troop’ and ‘Mama’s Family’ star, dies at 85. Ken Berry, an Army veteran and a song-and-dance man who became one of the small screen’s earliest stars, died Saturday at age 85. His former wife, actress Jackie Joseph-Lawrence, broke the news with a brief message on Facebook that read, “With very deep sorrow, I must inform friends of Ken Berry that he died a short time ago”. Actor Larry Storch, who starred in “F Troop” alongside Berry in the 1960s, also posted a note to Facebook: “Dear friends. We are sad to let you know our beloved Captain, Mr. Ken Berry passed away tonight. We are at a true loss for words. Ken, we hope you know how much you were loved. Goodnight Captain. We miss you already”. No cause of death was immediately announced.
- For his television series F Troop, The Andy Griffith Show, Mayberry R.F.D. and Mama’s Family
Death of Ken
Ken died in Burbank, California, on 1st December 2018, Saturday at the age of 85. His death was announced by his ex-wife, actress Jackie Joseph in a Facebook post. The Facebook post read, “With very deep sorrow, I must inform friends of Ken Berry that he died a short time ago”. The main cause of his death has not been revealed yet. According to his ex-wife, he had been battling heart issues for months and had stent surgery in October 2018. His heart illness continued to worsen in recent weeks, and he’d been in and out of the hospital.
Early Life of Ken
On 3rd November 1933, Ken Berry was born with the birth name of Kenneth Ronald Berry in Moline, Illinois, U.S. His nationality was American. He was born to Darrell Berry and Bernice, his parents. He was of Swedish-English descent. He wanted to be a dancer and singer at age 12, as he watched a children’s dance performance during a school assembly and also dreamed of starring in movie musicals and went to the movie theater to see Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly in some of his favorite films, including Easter Parade, Royal Wedding, On the Town, and Summer Stock.
Later, he volunteered for the United States Army and was assigned to Fort Bragg in Fayetteville, North Carolina after his high school graduation. His first year in the Army was spent in the artillery. His second and final year in the army was with Special Services.
Body Features of Ken
Ken has got a very attractive personality and with his charming face and a glowing smile, he attracts a lot of people towards him. His body features such as height, weight, arms size, eye color, hair color and more have not been revealed yet and will be updated very soon.
Career of Ken
- Ken started his career when he was offered from Twentieth Century Fox and a screen test at Universal Studios for his performance.
- Later, he accepted Universal’s offer and began as a contract player.
- He went on to star in the year 1969 musical comedy “Hello Down There” reissued as “Sub a Dub Dub” as Mel Cheever, the nemesis of Tony Randall and Janet Leigh, and with Denver Pyle in 1976’s “Guardian of the Wilderness”, the story of Galen Clark, the man who created Yosemite National Park.
- He also earned broader success as a Disney star in the films Herbie Rides Again in the year 1974, with Helen Hayes and Stefanie Powers, and The Cat From Outer Space in the year 1978, with Sandy Duncan and McLean Stevenson.
- In the year 1956, he ventured to Las Vegas where he opened for and joined Abbott & Costello in their stage act, performing sketches and song and dance routines at the Sahara Hotel and Casino.
- In the year 1957, he was asked by Ken Murray to join his stage variety show “The Ken Murray Blackouts”.
- Later, Dee Arlen referred Berry for a role in the show “In League with Ivy” and there he met famed composer impresario Billy Barnes.
- Barnes brought him into The Billy Barnes Review ensemble, his next break, and he performed in many of Barnes’ shows in the coming years.
- After that, he traveled with Godfrey and performed on remote broadcasts in an Omaha stockyard, in Seattle at a lumber camp, at the Boeing aircraft plant, and at the San Diego Zoo.
- The Billy Barnes Review was popular with Hollywood, and one evening Carol Burnett was in Los Angeles and saw Berry in the show.
- She was also appearing on The Garry Moore Show in New York and convinced the producers to sign Berry as a guest star.
- A notable dramatic performance by Berry was 1982’s TV movie “Eunice”.
- Burns and Stevens recommended him for the pilot of F-Troop for ABC, a western spoof where he played the accident-prone Captain Parmenter.
- He was cast in the featured role of Sam Jones, a widowed farmer, on the last few episodes of The Andy Griffith Show.
- He also took the lead role on the spin-off “Mayberry R.F.D”.
- After Mayberry R.F.D., he starred in several made-for-TV movies, and his own summer replacement variety show on ABC called “The Ken Berry ‘Wow’ Show” in the year 1972, which ran for five episodes.
In the year 1973, Sherwood Schwartz wrote a Brady Bunch spin-off called “Kelly’s Kids”, which featured Berry as the adoptive father of three diverse boys (black, white, and Asian).
- He guest starred on many shows, including The Bob Newhart Show, The Julie Andrews Hour, several Mitzi Gaynor specials, The Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour, The Donny & Marie Show, Love Boat, Fantasy Island, CHiPs, and The Golden Girls.
Net Worth of Ken
The net worth of this famous actor, dancer and singer is estimated to have $4 Million as of 2018. He was earning a good amount of money from his work. His exact salary was $2 Million as of 2018. He was satisfied with his earning and he enjoyed his life a lot from the money he earned from his work. He was a very successful person in his career life.
Affairs of Ken
Ken Berry was a married person. He was married to Jackie Joseph, his wife on 29th May 1960. The couple adopted two children named John Kenneth in 1964 and daughter Jennifer Kate in 1965. But the couple separated in the year 1976. His son John, who later became a co-founder of the Indie rock band Idaho, died in 2016 of brain cancer at the age of 51.