Facts of Kevin Morby
|Full Name:||Kevin Morby|
|Age:||35 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||April 02, 1988|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Kevin Morby|
Kevin Morby is an American musician, singer, and songwriter. Until to date, He has released five studio albums: Harlem River (2013), Still Life (2014), Singing Saw (2016), City Music (2017), and Oh My God (2019). During live performances, He is accompanied by his backing band consisting of Meg Duffy on guitar, Cyrus Gengras on bass, and Nick Kinsey on drums. Let’s know about him through this article.
What is Kevin Morby famous for?
- An American musician, singer, and songwriter.
Where is Kevin Morby from?
Recalling his early life, Kevin was born in Lubbock, Texas to his parents in the year 1988. He is American by nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. His birth sign is Aries. The information regarding his parents and siblings are yet to be disclosed.
Similarly, He learned to play guitar when he was 10. In his teens, he formed the band Creepy Aliens. He dropped out of Blue Valley Northwest High School, got his GED, and moved from his native Kansas City to Brooklyn in the mid-2000s, supporting himself by working bike delivery and café jobs.
When did Kevin Morby begin his music career?
- Moving towards his career, Kevin recorded a collection of songs with Babies producer Rob Barbato that was intended to be an homage to New York City. Released in 2013 by Woodsist Records, the eight-song collection was called Harlem River and became his debut as a solo artist.
- The album also features drummer Justin Sullivan (The Babies) as well as contributions from Will Canzoneri, Tim Presley (White Fence), Dan Read, and Cate Le Bon.
- While on tour, he wrote songs that were later featured on his second album, Still Life. The album was once again produced by Barbato and released on October 14th, 2014.
- He worked with Sam Cohen (Apollo Sunshine, Yellowbirds) on his third album, titled Singing Saw, which was released on April 15th, 2016.
- His fourth studio album was recorded with his live band, with guitarist Meg Duffy noting: “We all worked on the next record together, pretty collaboratively in terms of arranging and playing. We spent a week in a beautiful studio, up near Stinson Beach.” The album, City Music, was released in June 2017.
- Apart from City Music he also released in 2017 a cover version of “After Hours,” from the Velvet Underground’s 1969 self-titled album, in duo with Waxahatchee. The longtime private and musical relationship later led to touring and shows together, among others SXSW shows and a successful Australia tour (Sydney, Melbourne) in November 2018.
- His fifth studio album, Oh My God, was announced on February 27th, 2019. The first single off the album, “No Halo” was released on the same day. The album was released April 26th, 2019, via Dead Oceans and was met with wide critical acclaim.
- In September 2019, He reunited with Woods for a special performance at their Woodsist festival.
Who is Kevin Morby dating?
Reflecting on his personal life, Kevin is an romantic relationship with Katie Crutchfield at present. Together they have covered songs by Jason Molina, Bob Dylan, The Velvet Underground and Everclear. Presently, the lovebirds enjoying their love life happily without rumors of separation.
How much is Kevin Morby worth?
Being a musician, Kevin must earn an impressive amount of money and salary from his profession in the field of the music industry. Based on some online sites, his estimated net worth, salary, and the details oh his assets are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Kevin Morby?
Observing his body statistics, Kevin has a decent height and weight with hazel eyes and dark brown hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. in the case of disclosed, we will let you know.