Irish Canadian businessman, television personality, and author who is the co-founder of O’Leary Funds and SoftKey.
Facts of Kevin O’Leary
|Full Name:||Kevin O’Leary|
|Age:||68 years 2 months|
|Birth Date:||July 09, 1954|
|Birth Place:||Montreal, Canada|
|Net Worth:||$450 M|
|When did Kevin O’Leary get married ? (married date):||, 1990|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Terry O’Leary|
|Education:||Ivey Business School|
|Height / How tall :||5.9 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Kevin O’Leary|
Terence Thomas Kevin O’Leary famed as Kevin O’Leary is an Irish Canadian businessman, television personality, and author who is the co-founder of O’Leary Funds and SoftKey. He has appeared in several Canadian television shows over the years including ‘SqueezePlay’, ‘The Lang and O’Leary Exchange’, and ‘Dragons’ Den’ among others. In 2017, he campaigned to be the leader of the Conservative Party of Canada. Overall, he is a very talented person.
‘Shark Tank’ star Kevin O’Leary’s account of fatal boat crash under scrutiny as ABC, co-stars stay quiet
Several details from the tragic boat crash involving “Shark Tank” star Kevin O’Leary that left two people dead are still shrouded in mystery. O’Leary was reportedly in a smaller vessel that struck a larger vessel in Ontario, Canada over last weekend. A man identified as Gary Poltash, 64, died at the scene and a woman identified as Susanne Brito, 48, died on Tuesday in the hospital due to her injuries. The incident took place on Lake Joseph. O’Leary’s popular reality show returns for its eleventh season at the end of September. So far, ABC has not returned any of Fox News’ requests for comment on the matter and has not issued any kind of public statement about O’Leary, nicknamed Mr. Wonderful. In addition, none of O’Leary’s co-stars on the show have commented on the situation on social media since the tragic news broke. No representatives for Barbara Corcoran, Mark Cuban, Lori Greiner, and Daymond John responded to Fox News’ comment requests, either. Robert Herjavec had no comment when reached. O’Leary issued a statement following the accident. “Late Saturday night I was a passenger in a boat that had a tragic collision with another craft that had no navigation lights on and then fled the scene of the accident,” he said.
Early Life of Kevin
O’Leary was born on 9th July 1954 as Terence Thomas Kevin O’Leary in Montreal, Canada to parents Georgette and Terry O’Leary. Additionally, he has a brother, Shane O’Leary. His parents divorced when he was a child. Throughout most of his childhood years, he lived in Cambodia, Tunisia, and Cyprus. Additionally, he was interested in photography and aspired to become a photographer as a child. He holds both Canadian and Irish nationality. He belongs to a mixed ethnic background of Irish and Lebanese. He attended Stanstead College and St. George’s School. Additionally, he later received an honors bachelor’s degree in environmental studies and psychology from the University of Waterloo. He also has an MBA in entrepreneurship from the Ivey Business School. His religion is Christian. As of 2019, he celebrated his 65th birthday.
Body Measurements of Kevin
O’Leary has a tall height of 5 feet 9.5 inches (1.77 m). Additionally, his hair color is black/grey and eye color is dark brown. He has got a balanced body weight but it has not been revealed yet. Also, his other body measurements have not been disclosed but it will be added soon. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Career of Kevin
- Kevin was firstly selected for an internship at Nabisco in 1979.
- He also worked as an assistant brand manager for Nabisco’s cat food brand.
- After years at Nabisco, he began working as a television producer.
- He then co-founded Special Event Television (SET).
- He then sold the share of SET and started Softkey in a Toronto basement.
- The company also consisted of his business partners, John Freeman, and Gary Babcock.
- Softkey also acquired The Learning Company(TLC) for $606 million.
- He is also a co-investor and director at StorageNow Holdings.
- He has also co-founded O’Leary Funds Inc and O’Leary Ventures.
- He released his book titled ‘Cold Hard Truth: On Business, Money & Life’ in 2011.
- He has also released ‘Cold Hard Truth on Men, Women & Money’ and ‘Cold Hard Truth on Family, Kids, and Money’.
- He has 3 credits as an actor and has appeared in ‘Dr. Ken’, ‘The Neighbors’ and Redemption Inc.’.
- He has appeared as himself on shows like ‘Harry’, ‘Megyn Kelly Today’, ‘Shark Tank’ and ‘Good Morning America’ among others.
- On August 24, 2019, O’Leary was involved in a fatal crash on Lake Joseph in Muskoka, Ontario.
- A 64-year-old man and a 48-year-old woman died when a boat owned by O’Leary was involved in a collision with another boat.
- He said in a statement that he is cooperating with the police investigation, that he was a passenger in his boat, and that the other boat did not have its lights on and “fled the scene”.
- The police stated that both boats left the scene to “attend a location and both parties called 911.”
Net Worth of Kevin
Kevin O’Leary has not revealed his current salary. He has an estimated net worth of more than US$400 million at present. But there is no doubt that he is earning a considerable amount of salary.
Marital Status, Wife, Child
Kevin O’Leary is a married man. He is married to Linda O’Leary. The pair married in 1990. However, they separated in 2011 but resumed their marriage after two years. Linda works as the VP of Marketing for O’Leary Wines. The pair has two children from this relationship, Trevor, and Savannah. The marriage is stable and going strong as there is no news regarding any extramarital affairs at present. As of today, the couple is enjoying their life a lot.