Kirby Smart is an American football coach and former player. He has been the current head football coach of the University of Georgia since 2016.
Facts of Kirby Smart
|48 years 2 months
|December 23, 1975
|Montgomery, Alabama, United States
|6.43 million USD annually
|When did Kirby Smart get married ? (married date):
|Andrew Smart, Weston Smart, Julia Smart
|Relationship affair ?:
|Is gay ?:
|University of Georgia
|Best Match for Marriage:
|Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus
|View more / View fewer Facts of Kirby Smart
It's very important that we don't make the same mistakes twice. That's a big part of improvement.
At the end of the day, you have to go out on the grass and perform.
When you step out there on the field as a corner in our system, you have to be ready to play because humility is one week away.
Kirby Smart is an American football coach and former retired player. He is the head coach of the University of Georgia. He previously served as the defensive coordinator at the University of Alabama. He began his playing career at Bainbridge High School and went on to play college football at the University of Georgia.
He was a four-year letterman at defensive back for Georgia and a first-team All-SEC selection as a senior. He finished his career with 13 interceptions, which ranks fourth all-time at Georgia, and led the Bulldogs with six interceptions in 1997 and five in 1998. Further, He was also a four-time member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll. Let’s know more about the football coach through this article.
Who are the parents of Kirby Smart?
Recalling his early life, Kirby Smart was born as Kirby Paul Smart in Montgomery, Alabama. He is the son of Sharon Smart and Sonny Smart. He has a sister named Kendall Smart and a brother named Karl Smart. He is American by nationality and belongs to the white ethnic background.
Concerning his education, He attended the Bainbridge High School, where he started his playing career. He played many games with the team during his time in high school. Kirby then moved to the University of Georgia and continued his education career. He was a four-year varsity athlete at defensive back for Georgia and a first-team All-SEC selection as a senior. He completed his career with 13 interceptions and ranked fourth all-time at Georgia leading the Bulldogs with six interceptions in 1997 and five in 1998. Kirby graduated from Georgia with a degree in finance in 1999 and a master’s degree from FSU in 2003.
How Kirby Smart become a football coach?
- Talking about his profession, Kirby went undrafted in the 1999 NFL Draft and signed a free-agent contract with the Indianapolis Colts. He made his career debut as a coach for the University of Georgia in 1999. After working with Georgia for over one year, he moved to Valdosta State University. He spent one season as a defensive back and promoted to defensive coordinator for the 2001 season.
- Kirby joined Florida State University in 2002, where he worked as a graduate assistant under Bobby Bowden while pursuing a master’s degree. He spent one season as defensive backs coach at LSU under head coach Nick Saban in 2004.
- He went to the University of Alabama in 2007 following Nick. On January 9, 2007, Nick hired him as an assistant coach. He was promoted to defensive coach on February 27, 2008. He won the Broyles Award for the nation’s best assistant coach on December 8, 2009.
- He is the first assistant coach to win the award in Alabama. He was honored as the AFCA FBS Assistant Coach of the Year on November 20, 2012.
- On December 6, 2015, Kirby was announced as the 26th head football coach at the University of Georgia. He went 8-5 in his first season as the head coach of the Bulldogs in 2016. The Bulldogs finished tied for second in the SEC East division.
- In the 2017 season, He led the Bulldogs to their first 9-0 start since 1982 and won the SEC East after a victory over the South Carolina Gamecocks on November 4. On December 2, 2017, He coached Georgia to its first SEC title since 2005, and only the fourth 12-win season in school history (1980, 2002, 2012).
- In his 2018 season, Georgia completed the regular season with an 11-1 record and earned a spot in the 2018 SEC Championship game as the Eastern Division Champions. Georgia earned an invitation to play in the 85th Sugar Bowl Classic against #15 Texas Longhorns. Texas would beat the #5 Georgia Bulldogs 28-21 and finish the season 11-3.
Is Kirby Smart married?
Reflecting on his personal life, Kirby is a married man and has altogether three children. He married Mary “Beth” Elizabeth Lycett. They met each other during their college time, as he was the head football coach at the University of Georgia. The couple finally got married after having an affair for several years.
The couple is blessed with three children; two sons: Weston Smart and Andrew Smart and a daughter: Julia Smart. Julia and Weston are twins born to this beautiful couple. He currently lives with his children and wife.
What is Kirby Smart net worth?
Serving as the head coach of the University of Georgia, Kirby earns a decent amount of money and fame in the field of the sports industry. Based on online reports, He has an estimated net worth of $9 million at present. And his annual salary is reported $7 million per annum.
How tall is Kirby Smart?
Observing his body statistics, Kirby has a decent height and weight. He has a pair of brown eyes and dark brown hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.