Kodak Black is an American rapper and songwriter.
Facts of Kodak Black
|Full Name:||Kodak Black|
|Age:||26 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||May 11, 1997|
|Birth Place:||Florida, U.S.|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Mother's Name:||Marcelene Octave|
|Education:||Blanche Ely High School|
|Height / How tall :||5.6 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Kodak Black|
Bill K. Kapri born as Dieuson Octave better known by his stage name Kodak Black is an American rapper and songwriter. He is noted for his singles “Zeze”, “Roll-in Peace”, “Tunnel Vision”, and “No Flockin”, as well as his numerous legal issues. In this section, we will talk about Tamron Hall’s wiki-bio including her dating rumors, net worth, career, and much more. So, scroll down for more information.
What is Kodak Black Famous For?
- An American Rapper and songwriter.
- His singles “Zeze”, “Roll-in Peace”, “Tunnel Vision”, and “No Flockin”, as well as his numerous legal issues.
Kodak Black’s Controversies & Legal Issues
When it comes to legal issues, Kodak Black has a rich portfolio. His criminal record includes the battery, robbery, possession of narcotics, possession of a weapon, fleeing from officers, and false imprisonment of a child. He was also charged with sexual assault.
He has been jailed several times and often uses these experiences in his songs. He also writes and releases songs from jail. Two such songs are “Can I” and “Heartbreak Kodak”.
In January 2017 he streamed a live video on Instagram of himself and his friends while a woman performed oral sex on them. In June of the same year, he shocked the world with his statement that light-skinned women were more attractive than those with dark skin. He also said that he didn’t like his skin complexion. An avalanche of negative comments by fans followed, and the rapper had to delete his social media accounts.
However, the rapper doesn’t seem to plan to improve his behavior. Recently, he wore a ski mask during an interview and called himself ‘Tupac resurrected’, among other weird things. Maybe the reason is his peculiarity earns him so many headlines.
How did Waka Flocka get his name?
Kodak Black was born in Pompano Beach, Florida, U.S. He is American by nationality belonging to the Afro-American ethnicity. His real name is Dieuson Octave. On May 2, 2018, he legally changed his name from “Dieuson Octave” to “Bill K. Kapri”.
His parents were immigrants from Haiti. He has an elder brother named John Wicks and also has a younger brother. He grew up in Pompano Beach, Florida. He was raised by his mother, Marcelene Octave in Golden Acres, a public housing project in Pompano Beach.
Kodak Black used the nickname “Black” from the age of six. He also used the nickname “Lil’ Black” and chose the username “Kodak Black” when he joined Instagram. This later became his stage name, as he started to rap with the name and a name was favored by his fans as well.
In 2014, Kodak Black attended the Blanche Ely High School in Pompano Beach to pursue his high school diploma.
What does Kodak Black do?
- He assumed the name “J-Black” and started getting serious about a career in rapping. Shortly after he turned 12, he joined a local small-time rap group named ‘Brutal Youngnz.’ When his plans with the band did not materialize, he joined another group named ‘The Kolyons.’
- In December 2013, Kodak released his debut mixtape, ‘Project Baby.’ It did well at the local night clubs and brought Kodak significant fame. Over the next two years, he released two more mixtapes, ‘Heart of the Projects’ and ‘Institution.’
- Although his music was appreciated locally, he was yet to gain widespread attention. In October 2015, famous rapper Drake danced to one of Kodak’s songs, ‘Skrt.’ This was one of Kodak’s major career-defining moments. Following this, the number of ‘Google’ searches for his song soared and he was exposed to national fame.
- ‘Atlantic Records’ wanted to cash in on Kodak’s increasing popularity and offered him a contract. In May 2016, Kodak announced the ‘Parental Advisory Tour.’ However, he could not attend the event for personal reasons.
- French Montana was one of the first mainstream rappers to collaborate with Kodak, and the first single that resulted from this collaboration was titled ‘Lockjaw’ and was released in May 2016. The song featured on several hip-hop and R&B charts.
- In August 2016, his solo single ‘Skrt’ was featured on various R&B and hip-hop charts. He took full advantage of his fast-growing popularity and released his fourth mixtape, ‘Lil B.I.G. Pac,’ sometime later. The mixtape was released by ‘Atlantic Records.’ It became his first album to feature on the ‘Billboard’ music charts.
- ‘XXL’ included him in their ‘2016 Freshman Class.’ However, the success was marred due to an incident on social media. A video on social media showed him ridiculing a black woman through rap. The lyrics implied that she was not as beautiful as a white-skinned woman.
- In early 2017, Kodak released a single titled ‘Tunnel Vision.’ The song reached the top of many American music charts. It debuted at the 27th spot and peaked at number six on the ‘Billboard Hot 100.’ This was a huge achievement since Kodak was a relatively new artist back then.
- In March 2017, Kodak released his debut studio album, ‘Painting Pictures,’ and it turned out to be one of his most successful projects to date. The album peaked at the third spot on the ‘Billboard 200’ chart.
- In August 2017, Kodak released ‘Project Baby 2,’ the sequel to his mixtape ‘Project Baby.’ One of the singles from the album, ‘Codeine Dreaming,’ became particularly successful and peaked at the 52nd spot on the ‘Billboard Hot 100’ chart.
- On Valentine’s Day 2018, Kodak released another mixtape, ‘Heartbreak Kodak,’ which was yet another success.
Who is Kodak Black’s girlfriend?
Nоt muсh іѕ hасknеуеd аbоut hіѕ реrѕоnаl lіfе bесаuѕе Коdаk lіkеѕ tо kеер іt оn а lоw kеу. Ноwеvеr, hе іѕ knоwn tо bе а рlауbоу аnd ѕоmе реорlе ѕау thаt hе іѕ аlѕо gау. According to some online sources, He has a 4-year-old son named King Khalid Octave with his ex-girlfriend Jammiah Bloomfield. Furthermore, the rapper is currently single.
In addition, During his incarceration, Kodak Black began to identify as a Hebrew Israelite after a priest who conducts prison ministry studied scripture with him. He later filed to change his name to Bill Kahan Blanco, with Kahan meaning “priest” in Hebrew. On May 2, 2018, he legally changed his name from “Dieuson Octave” to “Bill K. Kapri”.
Further, In June 2018, Kodak Black earned his GED while in jail.
How much money does Kodak Black have?
Kodak Black’s net worth is estimated to be $600,000. However, there is a big probability that the rapper’s net worth will be going down due to his numerous arrests and scandalous behavior.
Still, despite the pessimistic predictions about his career, the young rapper has a clear plan for the future “I’m a living legend, you dig?”
What is Kodak Black Height?
Observing his body statistics, he stands a height of 5 feet 6 inches. He has a balanced weight of 66 Kg. His biceps size is 13.5 inches and used to wear 8 (US) size of the shoe. Similarly, his body measures 38-30-35 inches. Furthermore, his eye color is dark brown and hair color is black.