Facts of Kristi Noem
|Full Name:||Kristi Noem|
|Age:||50 years 9 months|
|Birth Date:||November 30, 1971|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Kristi Noem|
Kristi Noem is a United States Congresswoman from South Dakota and is the only Congressional representative from that state. She is a Republican and was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in November 2010. Also, Previous to that she served two terms in the South Dakota House of Representatives (2007-10), the latter term as Assistant Majority Leader. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Kristi Noem famous for?
- An American politician serving as the 33rd and current governor of South Dakota since 2019.
When was Kristi Noem born?
Recalling her early life, Kristi was born to Ron and Corrine Arnold in Watertown, South Dakota, and raised with her siblings on the family ranch and farm in rural Hamlin County. She holds American citizenship and belongs to White ethnicity. Her birth sign is Sagittarius.
For education, she graduated from Hamlin High School in 1990 and won the South Dakota Snow Queen title. After high school, she enrolled at Northern State University.
After her father died in a farm machinery accident, she stopped attending college full time but subsequently took classes at the Watertown campus of Mount Marty College and South Dakota State University and online classes from the University of South Dakota. Finally, She earned a B.A. in political science from South Dakota State University in 2012.
Kristi Noem political career timeline
- Moving towards her career, Kristi won a seat in the South Dakota House of Representatives representing the 6th District. In 2006, she won with 39% of the vote. In 2008, she has re-elected a second term with a plurality of 41%.
- Later, She served for four years, from 2007 to 2010; she was an Assistant Majority Leader during her last year.
- In 2010, She ran for South Dakota’s at-large seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. She won the Republican primary with a plurality of 42% of the vote against South Dakota Secretary of State Chris Nelson and State Representative Blake Curd. Her primary opponents endorsed her in the general election.
- In March 2011, Republican U.S. Representative Pete Sessions of Texas named her one of the 12 regional directors for the National Republican Congressional Committee during the 2012 election campaign.
- On November 14th, 2016, She announced that she would not seek reelection to Congress but instead run for governor of South Dakota in 2018. She defeated incumbent South Dakota Attorney General Marty Jackley in the June 5 primary, 56% to 44%, and defeated Democratic nominee Billie Sutton in the general election, 51% to 47.6%.
- She was sworn in as governor of South Dakota on January 5th, 2019. She is the first woman in South Dakota history to hold that office. In February 2019, she said that the Trump administration’s trade wars had devastated South Dakota.
- As of April 14th, 2020, She was one of seven governors who had not issued statewide stay-at-home orders in response to the COVID-19 pandemic; instead, she has emphasized her state’s role in evaluating hydroxychloroquine, an antimalarial drug, for treating COVID-19.
Who is Kristi Noem married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Kristi was married to Bryon Noem in 1992. Together, the couple blessed three children named Kassidy Neom, Booker Noem, and Kennedy Noem. Presently, the pair live blissfully on the Racota Valley Ranch near Castlewood without rumors of separation or divorce.
How much is Kristi Noem’s worth?
Being a politician, Kristi earns an impressive amount of money and fame through her profession. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth and salary were yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Kristi Noem?
Observing her body physics, Kristi stands a height of 5 feet 7 inches and weighs around 58 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of dark brown eyes and black hair color. Further, her body measures around 31-24-35 inches and she use 36B (US) bra size.