Koo Hye-sun is a South Korean actress, singer-songwriter, director and artist. She gained widespread recognition in the television dramas Pure in Heart, The King And I, Boys Over Flowers, Take Care of Us, Captain, Angel Eyes and Blood.
Facts of Ku Hye-Sun
|Full Name:||Ku Hye-Sun|
|Age:||38 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||November 09, 1984|
|Birth Place:||Incheon, South Korea|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Education:||Sung Kyun Kwan University|
|Height / How tall :||5.5 inch|
|Eye Color:||Dark Brown|
|Waist Size:||21 inch|
|Bra Size:||29 inch|
|Hip Size:||31 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Ku Hye-Sun|
There is no such thing as a perfect person in this world. We all must become the main characters or the stars of our lives. We are all different and start differently. But from whatever is our circumstances, it is very important that we find the opportunities to try out what we want to do.
In the past, I used to think that it is fundamental and natural to have everything. But I realized that is not true. Instead I realized that those are things to be grateful for. After that realization, I became comfortable. Even if I don’t have it I am grateful. Such a realization also made me understand that is a way to love myself.
Ku Hye-sun is a popular South Korean actress, director, singer, songwriter, and novelist. This multi-talented artist has starred in many television dramas and films. She has also written scripts for two of her directorial ventures. Ku’s directorial ventures are mostly based on sensitive issues. She has also worked as an associate in many national and international Film Festivals and has directed trailers for such events.
Ku’s novel ‘Tango’, which includes drawings made by her, is a best seller. Her extensive list of works in the entertainment industry has endowed her with several awards and honorary titles. Ku has contributed a lot to help the organizations working towards the benefit of underprivileged children and cancer patients. She is an inspiration to many budding artists. Keep on reading to get to know her better!
Where is Ku Hye-sun born?
Recalling her early life, Ku Hye-sun was born in Incheon, South Korea. She is Korean by nationality and belongs to Asian ethnicity. She is the second born child of her parents. The information regarding her parents and siblings is yet to be revealed.
During her early years, Ku developed a liking for music and dreamed of becoming a singer. She enrolled herself at the Sung Kyun Kwan University – Seoul Institute of Arts, and formed a vocal band with her college friends.
When did Ku Hye-Sun pursue her modeling and acting career?
- Talking about her career, Ku started modeling and did many internet campaigns as well. In no time, she became an internet sensation, and her dream of becoming a singer took a backseat. But she could never take music out of her mind.
- Ku Hye-sun was termed as ‘ulzzang’, meaning good looking, and hence many of the modeling agencies approached her. She enrolled herself as a trainee under SM Entertainment and later moved to DSP Media to become part of a three-member girl group named ‘Ria’.
- After the idea of making her debut with the musical group failed, Ku signed a contract with YG Entertainment, event management, and modeling agency. Ku then decided to go ahead with her acting career and thus her career in films took off.
- Before making her debut with the KBS horror series ‘Anagram’, Ku did a commercial for Sambo computers. Initially, she did a few minor roles in some one-act dramas. Her performance was first noticed in the MBC sitcom ‘Nonstop 5’ and the 2006 television drama ‘Pure in Heart’ gave her the much-awaited stardom.
- Meanwhile, Ku’s dream of becoming a singer materialized with her debut single ‘Happy Birthday to You’ for the series ‘Nonstop 5’. From then on, she sang some of the tracks for the teledramas she acted in. Three years later, Ku released her first album ‘Breath’ in 2009.
- Ku’s versatility was evident in her performance in the historical drama ‘The King and I’, for which the critics appreciated her. After this, she starred in the martial arts drama ‘Strongest Chil Woo’.
- Ku took a break from acting and two years later, made a comeback with the MBC channel’s documentary, ‘Heo Nanseolheon’. She was also the producer and narrator of the drama.
- Ku’s debut directorial venture came in the form of a short film titled ‘The Madonna’, which was screened at the 2009 Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival. The following year, Ku directed her first feature film, ‘Magic’.
- Two years later, Ku set up her production house, Ku Hye-sun Films, and ‘The Peach Tree’ was the first film made under it. She also composed the theme song for it and later released its novel version. Apart from her acting and directorial works, Ku has been an ambassador for many brands and activities.
- Ku released her first illustrated novel ‘Tango’ in 2009 which became a bestseller. In the same year, she organized an art exhibition in which many of her paintings, including some from her novel, were displayed.
- The beginning of 2015 was not favorable to her as the KBS’s vampire drama ‘Blood’ received low ratings and her performance disappointed the audience. Later in the year, Ku had to leave MBC’s weekend drama ‘You’re Too Much’, due to health reasons.
Who is Ku Hye-Sun married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Ku Hye-Sun started dating Ahn Jae-Hyun in April 2015 and the official confirmation of the relationship was made on 11th March 2016. And on 20th May 2016, the couple got married in a very humble ceremony. On which, they said that it was better to donate the money rather than spending it on a lavish wedding. The money was donated to Severance Hospital, which happens to be the biggest and oldest hospital in the country. As of 2019, the news of their divorce came highlighted nowadays.
How much does Ku Hye-Sun earn?
The amazing actress has played remarkable roles in movies since the inception of her acting career. She has made huge wealth for herself and is currently living a decent lifestyle. Ku Hye-Sun has a whopping net worth of $12 million at present. She made her wealth from her acting career as well as modeling endeavors.
How tall is Ku Hye-Sun?
Observing her body physics, Hye-Sun stands a height of 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs around 51 Kg. Similarly, She has a pair of dark brown eyes and black hair color. Further, her body measures 29-21-31 inches and her bra size is 34A (US).