Facts of Leighton Meester
|Full Name:||Leighton Meester|
|Age:||36 years 9 months|
|Birth Date:||April 09, 1986|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Leighton Meester|
Leighton Meester is an American model, actor, singer, and songwriter. She is popularly known for her role as Blair Waldorf in the television drama series Gossip Girl. He began her career in the industry as a young girl. During her childhood, she was featured in a local stage production of Wizard of Oz, following which her interest in acting grew. She began working by modeling and appearing in commercials. As part of her modeling assignments, she has been associated with major brands like Herbal Essences, Vera Wang, Jimmy Choo, and Ralph Lauren. Let’ know more about her through this article.
What is Leighton Meester known for?
- An American actress, singer, songwriter, and model.
When was Leighton Meester born?
Recalling her early life, Meester was born in Fort Worth, Texas, United States. Her birth name is Leighton Marissa Meester. She is of mixed ethnicity. Her father Douglas Meester worked for a web organization and her mother Constance was a writer. They divorced each other in 1992.
Also, she has a younger brother named Alexander and an older brother named Douglas Meester.
Where is Leighton Meester educated?
Concerning her education, Meester went to Hollywood High School and Beverly Hills High School. She later finished her school instruction in a tuition-based school.
When did Leighton Meester begin her acting and singing career?
- Moving towards her career, Meester made her acting debut playing the role of Alyssa Turner in an episode of the police procedural and legal drama series Law & Order in 1999. This was followed by several guest appearances in television series like Boston Public (2001), Once and Again (2002), and Family Affair (2002).
- Her debut feature film appearance came in 2003 when she played Elisha Springfield in the horror film Hangman’s Curse. The same year, she became part of the main cast of the television series Tarzan. The series was canceled after just eight episodes.
- Between 2003 and 2005, she made special appearances in some television series like The Big Wide World of Carl Laemke (2003), Crossing Jordan (2004), 7th Heaven (2004), North Shore (2004), 24 (2005), Veronica Mars (2005), and 8 Simple Rules (2005).
- In 2005, she landed a recurring role in the science fiction series Surface. The following year, she did two feature films, Flourish and Inside. In 2007, she played short roles in television series like CSI: Miami and Shark.
- In 2007, she was cast to play Blair Waldorf in the television series Gossip Girl. The series was based on a book series by the same name by Cecily von Ziegesar. She earned critical acclaim and several awards and nominations for her performance. The series ran for six seasons from 2007 to 2012.
- She recorded the song Inside the Black for the soundtrack of the film Drive-Thru in 2007. In 2009, she signed a contract with the Universal Republic for a project which was eventually shelved. However, a few songs that were recorded for the project were made available later.
- In 2009, her first official single Somebody to Love was released, featuring R&B singer Robin Thicke. In 2010, her second single Your Love’s a Drug was released.
- She also provided vocals to the song Good Girls Go Bad by American pop band Cobra Starship. The song became popular and peaked at number seven on the Billboard Hot 100. She also sang the cover of the song Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) for the album A Very Special Christmas 7.
- In 2010, she played minor roles in feature films, such as Date Night, Going the Distance, and Country Strong. The following year, she played a negative role in The Roommate, which earned her appreciation and award nominations.
- In 2012, she appeared in the comedy feature film That’s My Boy. Other works that she was part of include Life Partners (2014), The Judge (2014), By the Gun (2014), and Unity (2015). In 2014, she also made a stage appearance in the play Of Mice and Men.
- In 2014, she also released her debut studio album Heartstrings. All the songs, which went on to receive positive reviews, were written and sung by her.
- In 2017, she started appearing on the comedy television series Making History that premiered on the 5th of March.
- In 2018, she became part of the main cast of ABC sitcom Single Parents where she played Angie D’Amato, a single mother. The same year, she also did a guest appearance in The Last Man on Earth and played a minor role in The North Wind’s Gift.
- In 2019, she appeared as Laura Huggins in an episode of science fiction comedy-drama TV series The Orville. The same year, she played Clara in a crime drama film titled Semper Fi.
Who is Leighton Meester married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Meester is a married woman. She is married to an American actor Adam Brody whom she met while filming The Oranges. They secretly exchanged vows on February 15th, 2014. The beautiful couple is blessed with a daughter, Arlo Day Brody. Until now, the couple is spending quality time together and there is no sign of their divorce.
Previously, she was in an affair with Sebastian Stan, an actor, for a couple of months. After him, she began dating an American actor, Aaron Himelstein, but they also separated shortly.
How Much Is Leighton Meester Worth?
Being an actress and singer, Meester earns a decent amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $15 million at present. However, her salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Leighton Meester?
Observing her body physics, Meester stands a height of 5 feet 5 inches and weighs around 53 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of brown eyes and blonde hair color. She used 5 (US) dress and her bra size is 32B. Further, she has a slim body with the body measurements of 34-24-34 inches.