Facts of Lena Waithe
|Full Name:||Lena Waithe|
|Age:||38 years 4 months|
|Birth Date:||May 17, 1984|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Lena Waithe|
Lena Waithe is a famous American actress, producer as well as screenwriter. She made history at the 69th annual Primetime Emmy Awards when she won Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series for her work on “Master of None”. She was the first black woman to do so.
Gossips and Rumors
- Lena Waithe explains the significance of chopping off her hair
Best Known For:
- For co-writing and acting in the Netflix series “Master of None”.
Early Life of Lena
34-Years, Lena was born on 17th May 1984 in Chicago, USA. Her nationality is American. From the age of seven that she wanted to be a television writer. She also received strong family support for her writing from her single mother and grandmother. Her parents divorced when she was only three and she grew up with her sister. She attended African-American Elementary magnet school and later graduated from Columbia College Chicago in the year 2006.
Body Features of Lena
Lena has got a tall height of 5 ft 7 in and has a balanced weight of 42 Kg.
Career of Lena
- Lena started her career as a writer for the Fox television series “Bones” and later for the 2012 Nickelodeon sitcom “How to Rock”.
- She also was a producer on the 2014 satirical comedy film “Dear White People”.
- She then wrote and also appeared in the YouTube series “Twenties” produced by Flavor Unit Entertainment.
- Later she wrote and directed a short movie named “Save Me”.
- She wrote the 2013 web series “Hello Cupid” and the 2011 viral video “Shit Black Girls Say”.
- In the year 2014, Lena was one of “10 Comedians to Watch”.
- She was also cast in a series named “Master of None”.
- In the year 2017, Lena and Ansari won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series for the season 2 episode “Thanksgiving”.
- She became the first black woman to win the award.
- In her Emmy speech, she sent a special message to her LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, and Asexual) family discussing how “The things that make us different-those are our superpowers”.
- She then developed an autobiographical drama named “The Chi”.
- Out Magazine named her the Out100: Artist of the Year on November 8, 2017.
Affairs of Lena
Lena is not married yet but she is in a relationship with Alana Mayo, a content executive. They had been dating for 3 years and got engaged on Thanksgiving Day 2017.
Net worth of Lena
The net worth of Lena is still to get unfold yet and will be updated soon.