Facts of Leonardo DiCaprio
|Full Name:||Leonardo DiCaprio|
|Age:||48 years 4 months|
|Birth Date:||November 11, 1974|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Leonardo DiCaprio|
Multi-talented actor, Leonardo Di Caprio shot to stardom after starring in 1997 epic disaster film ‘Titanic’ directed by James Cameron. Since then his acting skills have polished and has showcased great acting skills in movies like, ’The Aviator’, ‘Blood Diamond’, ’The Departed’, ‘Shutter Island’ and many more. He also campaigns for environmental issues all over the world.
Well Known For:
- For Playing the role as Jack Dawson in the 1997 film Titanic, Frank Abagnale Jr. in the 2002 film Catch Me If You Can, Howard Hughes in the 2004 film The Aviator, J. Edgar Hoover in the 2011 film J. Edgar.
Early Life of Leonardo Di Caprio
On November 11, 1974, Leonardo was born in California, US. His Full name is Leonardo Wilhelm Caprio. He belongs to American nationality. By Profession, he is Film Actor and Film Producer. He attended the University of Los Angeles (UCLA). His horoscope sign is Scorpio.
Family Background of Leonardo Di Caprio
Caprio grew up with his parents, George Di Caprio and Irmelin Di Caprio. His father was an underground comic artist while his mother was an illegal German immigrant. However, his parents divorced when he was at a young age. He has not married and has no children. He has been in relationships with several actresses with whom he previously starred in movies. The credit of starting his acting career goes to his parents who motivated him to start acting at an early age.
Body Features of Leonardo Di Caprio
Leonardo has tall height of 183 cm and balanced weight of 75 kg. His hair color is Blonde and eye color is Blue. He has a Chest of 42 inches, Waist of 34 inches and biceps of 14 inches.
Leonardo Di Caprio Career:
- Prior to his movie career, he featured and acted in television commercials.
- He also appeared in soap operas like, ’Santa Barbara’ and ‘Growing Pains’ during the 90s.
- He captured the media’s attention when he made his debut in the horror film ‘Critters 3’.
- He appeared as the main actor in the movie ‘This Boy’s Life’ where he was selected among 400 other actors.
- He has taken up roles of characters that helped him secure a place in the American film industry.
- Till date, he has acted in around more than 20 films and appeared in television shows too.
- The actor has improved and taken himself to the next level after starting his acting career.
- He starred in 2004 film ‘The Aviator’ and 2006 crime drama ‘The Departed’.
- Along with this, he has played in the film ‘The Great Gatsby’ which is a novel adaptation of the same title.
- He even played in the movie ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ taking up the role of Jordan Belfort.
- Besides acting, he works as a producer too. He has produced the documentary ‘11TH Hour’ and also ‘The Aviator’.
- The film is about a man (Grace) who inherits a mansion from his deceased wealthy father after being released from a mental institution. Strange events lead him to wonder if the house is haunted or if his mind is playing tricks on him.
Awards and Achievements of Leonardo Di Caprio
- Since he started acting in big screens, he has been nominated in many awards multiple prestigious awards, including Oscars.
- After being nominated six times in ‘The Academy Awards ‘, he finally won ‘Oscars 2016’ for ‘Best Actor’ in ‘The Revenant’.
- He was nominated eleven times in the ‘Golden Globe Awards’. He won the ‘Golden Globe Awards’ of 2005, 2015 and 2016 for ‘The Aviator’, ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ and ‘The Revenant’.
- He received the ‘People’s Choice Awards’ for ‘Best Dramatic Movie Actor’ in ‘The Great Gatsby’ in 2014.
- Along with this, he received nominations for prestigious awards like, ‘Teen Choice Awards’, ‘Young Artist Awards’,’Scream Awards’, ‘Saturn Awards’ and many more.
- His achievements are numerous that while listing a long list is formed.
Contributions of Leonardo Di Caprio
- 88th Academy Award Winner Caprio is an active advocate of an environment.
- He even took a break from his acting career to focus on issues of the environment.
- He is an environment campaigner and actively concerns on issues regarding the world environment.
- He manages time to post updates related to his activities on social networking sites.
- Also, a foundation under his name ‘Leonardo Di Caprio Foundation’ has been established which posts news about his latest films and addresses environmental issues.
Affairs of Leonardo Di Caprio
Leonardo DiCaprio has been in several relationships until now. He dated model, Lorena Rae in the year 2017, again with another model, Nina Agdel. In 2016, he dated Chelsea Weimar and Kelly Rohrbach. He had a short time affair with the singer, Rihanna in the year 2015. From 2011 to 2012, he was in relationships with Blake Lively, Erin Heatherton, Barbara Palvin, Tony Garnn and others.
He was in a long time relationship with Bar Refaeli. Bar Refaeli is an Israeli actress/model and a businesswoman. According to rumors, he was in alleged affairs with Paris Hilton and Carmen Electra in 2000. Similarly, he was in an unsuccessful relationship with other women like Demi Moore (1998-2002), Natasha Henstridge (1997), Kristen Zang, Bridget Hall, Heather Graham and others.
Currently, he is single.
Net Worth of Leonardo Di Caprio
Because of his hard work and enthusiasm, Caprio has been earning a good amount of money through his acting career. His estimated net worth amounts to USD 245 million. Major credits of his earnings go to his career as an actor and film producer. From ‘Titanic’, he earned around USD 55 million and from ‘The Revenant’ he accumulated USD 30 million. His salary is not known.
Leonardo DiCaprio is very active in Social Media. On Twitter and Facebook, he has more than 18.8 million and 17 million followers respectively. More than 20.6 million people follow him on Instagram.
- 1 Well Known For:
- 2 Early Life of Leonardo Di Caprio
- 3 Family Background of Leonardo Di Caprio
- 4 Body Features of Leonardo Di Caprio
- 5 Leonardo Di Caprio Career:
- 6 Awards and Achievements of Leonardo Di Caprio
- 7 Contributions of Leonardo Di Caprio
- 8 Affairs of Leonardo Di Caprio
- 9 Net Worth of Leonardo Di Caprio
- 10 Social Media