Facts of LeToya Luckett
|Full Name:||LeToya Luckett|
|Age:||42 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||March 11, 1981|
|Lucky Color:||Sea Green|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Cancer, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of LeToya Luckett|
LeToya Luckett is an American singer-songwriter and actress, who is well-known as a former member of the R&B girl group, “Destiny’s Child”, together with whom she won two Grammy Awards. After being on the group which was one of the best-selling girl groups of all time for almost 7 years, she made her solo debut with the platinum-certified album, “LeToya”(2006), which topped the U.S. Billboard 200 albums chart.
She was also named “One of the Best New Artists of 2006” by AOL and the “Top Songwriter of 2006” by ASCAP following the release of the album. Luckett also has a successful acting career and has been cast in several series and movies including “Preacher’s Kid”, “Treme”, “Single Ladies”, “Killers”, “Friends And Family Hustle” and “Greenleaf”. On August 11, 2020, it was revealed that her husband, Tommi Walker has allegedly cheated on her.
Besides, she is quite active in social media sites with over 816k followers on her Twitter: @LeToyaLuckett and over 2.5 million followers on Instagram: @letoyaluckett.
What is LeToya Luckett Famous for?
- Famous as a member of a Grammy-winning group, “Destiny’s Child”.
- Known for her appearance on “Greenleaf” and “Friends And Family Hustle”.
Where was LeToya Luckett Born?
LeToya Luckett was born on March 11, 1981, in Houston, Texas, United States. Her birth name is LeToya Nicole Luckett. Her nationality is American. Luckett belongs to African-American ethnicity while Pisces is her zodiac sign.
LeToya was born as the oldest child of her parents. She grew up along with her younger sibling, singing in her local Brentwood Baptist Church. Her father, was also a singer, and was supportive and very proud of his daughter’s vocal talents and tried to get her in the music business from an early age.
She even took vocal lessons to become an opera singer, also she sang her first solo at the age of 5. Shortly thereafter, she joined the children’s choir and began performing in plays at her elementary school.
While in school, she once asked her teacher to remove the girl(who turned out to be Beyoncé Knowles) from her assigned seat, but later they became friends and she was invited to join Beyoncé’s singing group, “Girls Tyme”, which later became “Destiny’s Child”.
LeToya Luckett’s Career Highlights
- LeToya Luckett began her professional career as a member of the Houston-based R&B group, “Destiny’s Child” alongside Beyonce, LaTavia Roberson, and Kelly Rowland in 1993. She performed as the background vocalist and soprano adding the high notes to the group’s harmony.
- They were initially signed by Elektra Records but after getting dropper, they signed with Columbia Records in 1997. Sooner, they got signed with Mathew Knowles(father of Beyonce)
- The group made their official debut with the release of their 1998 self-titled debut album, “Destiny’s Child”.
- Subsequently, the group made it on the soundtrack album of the romantic comedy, “Why Do Fools Fall in Love”(1998) with the song “Get on the Bus”.
- They released their second album, “The Writing’s on the Wall” which was certified eight times platinum in the USA in 1999. The album became one of the biggest selling albums released by a female group ever.
- But later on Luckett alongside Roberson found themselves ostracized by the Knowles family and the group’s management as they were replaced by two new members, Michelle Williams and Farrah Franklin in the music video of “Say My Name”.
- Shortly following the release of Destiny’s third album, “Child’s Survivor”, they filed another lawsuit against the group in March 2002.
- After several issues, Luckett and Roberson created a new group called “Anjel” which didn’t last.
- Luckett then got signed with Capitol Records in 2003 and began working on her debut solo album, “LeToya” which was released in July 2006, that debuted at number one on the U.S. Billboard 200 and Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts.
- The album included the songs “You Got What I Need”, “All Eyes on Me” and “She Don’t”.
- Luckett’s second solo album, “Lady Love” was released on August 25, 2009, which debuted at No. 1 on the U.S. Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and also as No. 12 on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart.
- “Not Anymore”, the lead single, became the most added song at urban radio.
- In January 2014, Luckett announced the title of her third studio album on The Wendy Williams Show, “Until Then”.
- The album’s first promo single “Don’t Make Me Wait” was released on February 11, 2014.
- She then released “Together” inspired to end illegal gun violence in America in a recent partnership with the Caliber Foundation on January 16, 2015.
- On December 7, 2016, she released the single, “Back 2 Life” which was the title of her third album that got changed from “Until Then” to “Back 2 Life”.
- Luckett has also been cast in several series and movies including “Preacher’s Kid”, “Treme”, “Single Ladies”, “Killers”, “Friends And Family Hustle” and “Greenleaf”.
- Her first role on television was on the WB show, “Smart Guy” in 1998 with Destiny’s Child.
- Luckett also plays a recurring role on the OWN TV series, “Greenleaf” as Rochelle Cross.
Who is LeToya Luckett Married to?
LeToya Luckett has been married twice to date. Luckett’s first marriage was with Rob Hill Sr., a motivational speaker with whom she reportedly got engaged in 2015. After a year of dating, the couple got married in January 2016, however, just after only 2 months of marriage, they had called it a quit. Her first marriage was very short that didn’t even last for 2 months, shortly after she got engaged to Tommicus Walker which she announced via her Instagram in August 2017.
Walker is an American entrepreneur with whom she got married in a lavish ceremony at Villa Antonia in Austin, Texas on December 10, 2017. Just after 6 months of their marriage, they announced expecting their first child together in June 2018.
They welcomed their first daughter, Gianna Iman Walker, on January 4, 2019, and shortly after in March 2020, the couple announced of expecting their second child together and even held a virtual baby shower on Saturday, August 8, 2020. However, now things have turned completely opposite after the death of Tommi’s mother who died of cancer earlier. LeToya also revealed that she believes she’s not a priority for Tommi, only his daughter.
On August 11, 2020, Tuesday, Walker was accused of allegedly having cheated on Luckett with a “side chick” while the couple awaits the birth of their second child. The woman, said to be an Instagram model from Dallas, Texas, claimed that Walker was also sleeping with another woman days before they slept together.
What is the Net Worth of LeToya Luckett?
LeToya Luckett has quite good earnings from her professional career as a singer and also as an actress. Having started her career since 1993 initially as “Destiny’s Child”, Luckett has come a long way up establishing herself as an artist in her over a 27-year long career. She also makes money from her several appearances in series and movies. Her net worth is estimated to be around $8 million.
Luckett also became the new face of Luster’s Hair Care replacing Karyn White in 2010, appearing on the product line’s boxes, billboards, and commercials. She is also the owner of “Lady Elle Boutique”, an upscale women’s boutique which she opened in 2003 and later, its second location in The Galleria in Houston, Texas in 2008.
Following the release of her first solo album, Luckett became involved in philanthropic activity. She has participated in various events like the “Women in Entertainment Empowerment Summit”, “Hip-Hop Summit Action Network ‘Get Your Money Right
How Tall is LeToya Luckett?
LeToya Luckett is a gorgeous lady in her late-20s. With her charming personality and soothing voice, Luckett has managed to win million hearts all around the world. She stands tall with a height of 1.70m while her body weighs around 56kg. She has a dark complexion with hair and brown eyes.