Facts of Lil Wayne
|Full Name:||Lil Wayne|
|Age:||40 years 11 months|
|Birth Date:||September 27, 1982|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Gemini|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Lil Wayne|
Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. famed as Lil Wayne is a famous American rapper who began his career in the year 1991 when he was just 9. He was first discovered by Bryan “Baby” Williams and joined Cash Money Records as the youngest member of the label. Also, for many years, he was the flagship artist of Cash Money Records, before ending his long-tenured deal with the company in June 2018. His solo debut album is “Tha Block Is Hot” in the year 1999 which was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). He gained his prominence with his sixth album “Tha Carter III” (2008), which became his most successful album to date, with first-week sales of over one million copies in the United States. The album won the Grammy Award for Best Rap Album and includes the hit singles “Lollipop”, “A Milli” and “Got Money”. Currently, he serves as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of his own label imprint, Young Money Entertainment.
Gossips and Rumors:
Lil Wayne Announces ‘Tha Carter V’ Album Release Date. After his “Tha Carter V” failed to surface online last week, fans were left feeling spurned, though rumors suggested the project’s release was imminent. On Tuesday (Sept. 25), Wayne shifted everyone’s mood when he posted on Twitter that he had an announcement to make at 5 p.m. ET, Friday and when the time came, he announced that he would release his elusive album on Friday right at the tail end of his Sept. 27 birthday.
- Rapping and singing hits like Lollipop.
Early Life of Lil Wayne
On 27th September 1982, Lil Wayne was born with the birth name of Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. Currently, he is 35 as of 2018. He was a son of Dwayne Michael Turner and Jacinda Carter (Chef). He was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, US. Her nationality is American. His parents divorced when he was only 2.
Talking about his education, he went to Eleanor McMain Secondary School and later moved to the Marion Abramson Senior High School. Later at McMain Magnet School, Carter was an honors student, but he dropped out at the age of 14 to focus on a musical career.
Body Features of Lil Wayne
Regarding his body features, he has a height of 1.65 m and he weighs around 61 kg or 134.5 pounds. He has a balanced and healthy body. Furthermore, his shoe size is 8 (US). His hair color is black and the eye color is dark brown. His looks are very much attractive and he is very handsome.
Career of Lil Wayne
- Wayne started his career from the year 1996 by joining the Hot Boys with rappers Juvenile, B.G. Hot Boys debut album Get It How U Live! was released in the same year.
- Later, they had two charting singles “We on Fire” and “I Need a Hot Girl”. Later, he was also featured on Juvenile’s single “Back That Azz Up” which was reached No. 18 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No. 5 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks.
- His debut solo album “Tha Block Is Hot” was released when he was 17 which reached at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 and was later certified platinum by the RIAA which earned a 1999 Source magazine nomination for “Best New Artist” and also became a Top Ten hit.
- His second single, which received less attention, was “Shine” featuring the Hot Boys.
- His third album 500 Degreez, released in the year 2002 and after that, he was featured on the single “Neva Get Enuf” by 3LW.
- In the year 2004, his album “The Carter” was released which gained a high impression selling 878,000 copies in the United States, and later his single “Go DJ” became a Top 5 Hit on the R&B/Hip-Hop chart.
- Then “Tha Carter II” was released in December 2005 and later his single “Fireman”.
- In the year 2005, he was named the president of Cash Money and founded Young Money Entertainment.
- In the year 2006, he collaborated with rapper Birdman for the album Like Father, Like Son, whose first single “Stuntin’ Like My Daddy”, reached No. 21 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- After that, his albums were not released for 2 years but he appeared in numerous singles as a featured performer, including “Gimme That” by Chris Brown, “Make It Rain” and many more.
- He was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group for the year 2008.
- At the end of 2007, an MTV poll selected Lil Wayne as “Hottest MC in the Game”, The New Yorker magazine ranked him “Rapper of the Year”, and GQ magazine named him “Workaholic of the Year”.
- On 10th June 2008, he released “The Carter III” and for this album, he won the award for Best Rap Album. Later he performed at the homecoming rally at Vanderbilt University and the 2008 BET Hip Hop Awards, where he received 12 nominations. He also won eight awards at the BET Hip Hop Awards, one of which included the “MVP” title.
- He won the Grammy Award for Best Rap Solo Performance for “A Milli”, Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group for his appearance in T.I.’s single “Swagga Like Us”, and Best Rap Song for “Lollipop”.
- On 7th February 2009, he presented the Top Ten List on CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman” and later starred in the film “Hurricane Season”. He then released a collaboration album with Young Money which is “We Are Young Money”.
- In July 2011, he confirmed in an interview with MTV that “Tha Carter IV” was finished, and was released on 29th August 2011.
- On 22nd November 2012, he announced that “Tha Carter V” would be his final album.
- On 1st September 2013, he released the fifth installment of the “Dedication” mixtape series, with Dedication 5.
- On 10th February 2014, Lil Wayne’s Young Money signee Drake tweeted “CARTER V”.
- In June 2015, Wayne joined Jay-Z’s TIDAL and released Free Weezy Album with TIDAL on 4th July 2015.
- On 8th August 2017, he released the song “Like a Man” with sound engineer Onhel.
- On 7th June 2018, it was announced that he had released from Cash Money Records and will be releasing “Tha Carter V” via Universal Records.
Net Worth of Lil Wayne
The net worth of this famous singer is obviously in millions. His estimated net worth is around $150 Million as of 2018. He is earning a good amount of money from his career and he is satisfied with his earning. His major source of income is from singing. His salary has not been revealed yet and will be updated soon.
Affairs of Lil Wayne
Lil Wayne is a married man. Firstly, he married his high school love named Antonia Toya Carter. They married in the year 2004. The couple was blessed with a single daughter named Reginae. Later, the couple got divorced in the year 2006.
After that, he married Sarah Vivan, a radio broadcaster. The couple gave birth to his second child, Dwayne III in the year 2008.
Later, his third child, Cameron Carter, was born to actress Lauren London on September 9, 2009.
Then his fourth child, Neal, was born on November 30, 2009, to singer Nivea.
He also got rapper Trina pregnant but she suffered a miscarriage.
Presently, he is engaged to Dhea Sodano. They started dating on 19th February 2011 and after a year was engaged in March 2012.
Lil Wayne is currently dating the plus-size model, .