Lily Allen is an English singer, songwriter, and actress who became famous with her debut album “Alright, Still”, for which she received Grammy Awards, Brit Awards, and MTV Video Music Awards nominations.
Facts of Lily Allen
|Full Name:||Lily Allen|
|Age:||36 years 4 months|
|Birth Date:||May 02, 1985|
|Birth Place:||Hammersmith, London, England, UK|
|Marital Status:||In Relation|
|Children:||Marnie Rose Cooper, Ethel Cooper|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Keith Allen|
|Mother's Name:||Alison Owen|
|Education:||Hill House School|
|Height / How tall :||5.2 inch|
|Ethnicity:||Mixed(Welsh, English, and Irish)|
|Hair Color:||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color:||Dark Brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Lily Allen|
Lily Allen is an English singer, songwriter, and actress who became famous with her debut album “Alright, Still”, for which she received Grammy Awards, Brit Awards, and MTV Video Music Awards nominations. Her second album “It’s Not Me, It’s You” was an instant hit and was well received by people, which spawned hit singles “The Fear” and “Fuck You”. To learn more about Allen, read below.
What is Lily Allen famous For?
- An English singer, songwriter, and actress.
- Her hit songs “Smile” and “LDN” from her debut album Alright, Still. The album was nominated for the 2008 Grammy award in the category of “Best Alternative Music Album.
Who are the parents of Lily Allen?
Back in her early life, Allen was born in Hammersmith, West London. She is the daughter of Keith Allen, a Welsh-born comedian, and film producer Alison Owen. She has an older sister, Sarah; a younger brother, actor Alfie and a younger sister, Rebecca. Allen’s mother was from a working-class Portsmouth family and was 17 when she gave birth to Sarah. Her family was devout Catholics.
At the age of three, Allen appeared in The Comic Strip Presents… episode “The Yob”, which her father had co-written. When she was four, her father left the family. During her early childhood, Allen lived with her family on a council estate. They later settled in Islington. For that time, the family lived with comedian Harry Enfield while her mother dated him.
Regarding her education, Allen attended 13 schools, including Prince Charles’s junior alma mater, Hill House School, Millfield, Bedales School, and was expelled from several of them for drinking and smoking. She dropped out of school at age fifteen, not wanting to “spend a third of her life preparing to work for the next third of her life, to set herself up with a pension for the next third of her life.
When did Lily Allen pursue an acting career?
- Talking about her career, Allen left school when she was 15 and concentrated on improving her performing and compositional skills. In 2005, she made some of her recordings public on Myspace and the publicity resulted in airplay on BBC Radio 1 and a contract with Regal Recordings.
- Her first mainstream single, “Smile”, reached number one on the UK Singles Chart in July 2006. Her debut record, Alright, Still, was well received, selling over 2.6 million copies worldwide and brought Allen a nomination at the Grammy Awards, the Brit Awards, and the MTV Video Music Awards. She began hosting her own talk show, Lily Allen and Friends, on BBC Three.
- Her second studio album, It’s Not Me, It’s You, saw a genre shift, having more of an electropop feel, rather than the ska and reggae influences of the first one. The album debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart and the Australian ARIA Charts and was well received by critics, noting the singer’s musical evolution and maturity. It spawned the hit singles “The Fear” and “Fuck You”.
- This success saw her receive the Brit Award for British Female Solo Artist at the 2010 Brit Awards. Allen and Amy Winehouse were credited with starting a process that led to the “year of the women” media label in 2009 that saw five female artists making music of “experimentalism and fearlessness” nominated for the Mercury Prize.
- After announcing a hiatus from her music career in 2009, Allen launched her own record label, In the Name Of, in 2011. In the same year, Allen announced that she was considering a career in acting, that she would not renew her record contract, and that she had “no plans” to make another record.
- In September 2010, she gave what would be her last performance for two and a half years, supporting Muse at Wembley Stadium in London, England. She featured on the UK top-five single, “Just Be Good to Green” by Professor Green in June 2010. Allen and her sister opened their own clothing store titled “Lucy in Disguise” on 15 September 2010.
- In November 2013, Allen recorded a cover of Keane’s “Somewhere Only We Know” for the John Lewis Christmas advert with a portion of the song’s sales earnings donated to Save the Children’s Philippine Typhoon Appeal campaign.
- On 13 January 2014, the song “Air Balloon” was premiered on BBC Radio 1 and was released on 2 March 2014, as the second single from Allen’s forthcoming third studio album Sheezus.
- Following the release of Sheezus (2014), Allen had an “identity crisis”. She did not enjoy the music she was being asked to create and believed people within the music industry were controlling her musical choices. In late 2017, Allen uploaded numerous songs online in preparation for the album, including the track titled “Family Man”.
- Later that year, in December, a song called “Trigger Bang” was leaked and featured rapper Giggs. On 24 January 2018 Allen announced her new album will be called No Shame. The album was released on 8 June 2018. No Shame was nominated for a Mercury Prize, with the album being one of 12 to be shortlisted for the award.
Is Lily Allen married?
Reflecting on her personal life, Lily Allen began dating builder and decorator Sam Cooper in July 2009. The couple got engaged in December 2010 while they were on holiday in Bali. They married on 11 June 2011 at St. James church in Cranham, Gloucestershire, England. Together they have two daughters named Ethel Mary and Marnie Rose.
She also admitted that she cheated on Cooper with Liam Gallagher when he was married to Nicole Appleton Allen and Cooper separated after she told him about her bouts of infidelity. In 2018, they broke up for good and agreed to share custody of their children.
Previously, she was in a relationship with musician Ed Simons (2007), Rupert Grint (2007), and James Corden (2008).
She is currently dating American actor David Harbour.
How much is Lily Allen Net Worth?
As per various sources, She assumed a lot of money from her multiple careers. She has said to be an estimated net worth of $20 million dollars at present. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
Talking about her assets, She bought a £3m home near Stroud in 2010. She has a fashion and jewelry range. Further, She owns a BMW 3 Series and a Mini Cooper.
How tall is Lily Allen?
Observing her body physics, Allen stands a height of 5 feet 2 inches and weighs around 52 Kg. She has dark brown hair color and dark brown eyes. She used to wear a 32B bra size, 6 (US) dress size, and 8 (US) size of shoes. Further, her body measures 36-25-35 inches.