Lisa Niemi Swayze is an American writer, dancer, choreographer, actress, and director. She is the widow of actor and dancer Patrick Swayze.
Actress, Writer, Director, and Dancer
Facts of Lisa Neimi
|Full Name:||Lisa Neimi|
|Age:||65 years 4 months|
|Birth Date:||May 26, 1956|
|Birth Place:||Huston, Texas, the USA|
|Profession:||Actress, Writer, Director, and Dancer|
|Married Date:||May 25, 2014|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Edmond Haapaniemi|
|Mother's Name:||Karin Haapaniemi|
|Education:||Houseton Ballet Dance Company|
|Height / How tall :||5.4 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius, Libra|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Lisa Neimi|
Lisa Niemi is an American actress, writer, director as well as dancer who is best known as the widow of Hollywood Icon Patrick Swayze. The pair who had met during their teenage years remained married for over 3 decades and it was only death that was able to separate them. More so, the couple had a good influence on each other’s careers as it is known that Lisa directed some films in which Patrick starred in.
Apart from her acting exploits, Lisa is also a prolific writer and has to her name two memoirs titled “This Time Of My Life” and ”Worth Fighting For”, which were listed as best sellers. Get details about her bio and know other interesting facts about Patrick Swayze’s widow as you read on.
Where is Lisa Niemi grew up?
Recalling her early life, Lisa Niemi was born in Huston, Texas, the USA as Elisabeth Anne Haapaniemi DePrisco. She is the only daughter of six children born to Edmond Haapaniemi (1914–1984), then Director of Water Safety Services at the Red Cross, and registered nurse Karin Haapaniemi (1927–2018). She is American by nationality and belongs to Finnish ancestry. Her birth sign is Gemini.
Regarding her education, She graduated from the Houston Ballet Dance Company in 1974. Further, she shortened her surname from Haapaniemi to Niemi in 1977 for her theatre stage name.
What is the profession of Lisa Niemi?
- Lisa Niemi started coming of age following her move to Los Angeles with her actor husband, Patrick Swayze.
- Besides starring alongside Swayze in a number of films, she also contributed significantly as a scriptwriter, filmmaker, and director. She continued performing on the small screen as well and went back to work on Broadway in 1993.
- She shared screen space with Patrick Swayze in films like, ‘Next of Kin’ (1989), ‘Letters from a Killer’ (1998), ‘Steel Dawn’ (1987), ‘One Last Dance’ (2003), and ‘Beat Angel’ (2004). She also acted in movies like ‘Slam Dance’, ‘She’s Having a Baby’, ‘Live! From a Death Row’, and ‘Younger and Younger’.
- She composed the screenplay for ‘One Last Dance’ as well as directed and co-produced the movie with Patrick and Rhonda Baker. ‘One Last Dance’ choreographed by Lisa’s mother-in-law, Patsy Swayze, was a cinematic representation of a play ‘Without a Word’ scripted in 1985 which bagged multiple New York Drama Critics’ Circle Awards.
- She featured in 23 episodes of the action-adventure TV series, ‘Super Force’ where she portrayed the character of Carla Frost. She was one of the directors for the crime drama TV series, ‘The Beast’ in which Patrick Swayze appeared for the last time prior to his death in 2009.
- She resumed performing on the Broadway stage in 1993, earning plaudits both from the audience and critics by excelling in plays including, ‘Love Letters’, ‘Will Rogers’ Follies’ and ‘The Brick and the Rose’. The play, ‘The Brick and the Rose’ won several awards.
- Lisa co-authored a memoir with Patrick Swayze, ‘The Time of My Life’ which went on to become not only a national bestseller as certified by ‘The New York Times’ but also a global bestseller.
- The Time of My Life’ dwells around their romance that started when they were teenagers and lasted for more than three decades until Patrick’s death in 2009.
- Lisa Niemi released another memoir in 2012 titled, ‘Worth Fighting For’ which poignantly narrates the last months she spent with her husband as he valiantly coped with pancreatic cancer.
Who is Lisa Niemi married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Lisa was married twice in her life. Firstly, she married Patrick Swayze at the age of 19 on June 12, 1975, after dating four years. They met for the first time at Patrick’s parent’s dance school. The pair remained married until Patrick’s death on September 14, 2009. Her union with Swayze didn’t produce any child. The pair were married for 34 years, but unfortunately, they had no child as she was reported to have miscarried her child in 1990.
She is currently a happily married woman. She met her current husband, Albert Deprisco who trade in jewelry, at a birthday party a few years after the death of Patrick Swayze through a mutual friend. They dated for two years and once again, Lisa walked down the aisle together with her husband on May 25, 2014.
How much net worth does Lisa Niemi own?
From her diverse endeavors, one will not expect anything less than for the talented lady to have a net worth that reflects her years of hard work as a dancer, actress, and writer. Although the actual sum she earns as income has not been specified, we know that she has an estimated net worth of $40 million which is sourced from her various careers.
How tall is Lisa Niemi?
Observing her body physics, Lisa stands a height of 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs around 81 Kg. Similarly, she has blue eyes and blonde hair color. Her other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosure, we will let you know.