Elizabeth Shaila Koshy is an American actress, television host, comedian and YouTuber. She began her career on Vine in 2013, before starting a YouTube channel.
Facts of Liza Koshy
|Full Name:||Liza Koshy|
|Age:||26 years 11 months|
|Birth Date:||March 31, 1996|
|Birth Place:||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Net Worth:||$6 Million|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Jose Koshy|
|Mother's Name:||Jean Carol Hertzle|
|Education:||University of Houston|
|Height / How tall :||5 feet 3 inches|
|Waist Size:||24 inch|
|Bra Size:||33 inch|
|Hip Size:||35 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Liza Koshy|
Liza Koshy is an American actress who has leveraged YouTube as a platform to promote her comedy while also serving as a television host on occasions. She is talented and funny and has gathered a lot of fans from around the world. More about the actress can be seen below.
Who are the parents of Liza Koshy?
Returning her early life, Liza Koshy was born as Elizabeth Shaila Koshy to the parents, Jose Koshy and Jean Carol in Houston, Texas, USA. Her father was a petroleum executive and her mother was a yoga instructor. They had two other daughters before she came along and they raised all of them in their family home. She is of American nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity. Her birth sign is Aries and has faith in Christianity.
Regarding her education, she studied business marketing at the University of Houston after going to high school at Lamar High School.
What is the profession of Liza Koshy?
- Koshy started her career as an Internet Sensation in 2013 while she was still in High School. She downloaded the Vine app mainly because all her friends were using it and started uploading content.
- Her very first video on the platform went viral and kicked off her career as a Vine star. Following her funny & Comedic personality, Koshy was soon able to attract a large following and by the time Vines was brought down, she had a total of more than 7 million fans.
- Just before the 2016 elections, Koshy had interviewed President Obama on her YouTube channel to encourage voter registration. That combined with her viral videos helped attract a lot of attention, such that Liz Koshy was named as the fastest YouTube personality to reach 10 million subscribers in 2017.
- Her videos are not always all about comedy and fun. Koshy sometimes focuses on serious issues and has uploaded videos discussing matters such as anxiety, the pressure to fit in, and much more.
- By the end of 2018, her main YouTube channel had over 16 million total subscribers. Her secondary channel had attracted a total of more than 8 million subscribers.
- She, however, suspended adding new videos to her main YouTube channel in early 2018 to focus full-time on acting and hosting work.
- Besides these, Liza Koshy starred in the 2016 Hulu original series titled Freakish as Violet Adams. She reprised the role in the second season of the show in the following year. Also in 2016, Koshy played the role of Aday Walker in the horror-comedy feature film titled, Boo! A Madea Halloween, and as Princess Aubrey in the 2016 comedy film FML.
- In 2017, she played a recurring role as the Explorer in the YouTube Premiered mystery-reality series titled Escape the Night.
- Koshy stars and co-produces the YouTube Premium series titled Liza on Demand which was released in June 2018. Her natural comedic personality is quite outstanding such that she was even reviewed by the Los Angeles Times who applauded her positive effect.
- In November 2018, Koshy lent her voice as the character Owl in the short animated virtual-reality film titled Crow: The Legend. Koshy currently co-hosts on Total Request Live on MTV which has broadcasted since October 2017.
- Besides her YouTube and acting career, Liza Koshy is often engaged in a series of other grand activities that have helped spread her popularity further. For instance, she hosted the live preshow at the 2017 Golden Globes Awards which received more than 2.7 million views on Twitter.
- Koshy has worked with The Giving Keys, a jewelry company that supports and employs formerly homeless population, on a necklace collection. She was termed as the first ‘digital star’ to be interviewed for Vogue’s magazine ’73 questions’ web series.
- Koshy also conducted interviews of the celebrities attending the 2018 and 2019 Met Galas on behalf of Vogue.
Is Liza Koshy dating someone?
Reflecting on her personal life, Liza Koshy and fellow YouTube personality David Dobrik had been friends a long time before they started dating on the 28th of November 2015. They took their relationship public when they posted a picture of themselves with a calendar that had November 28 marked on Instagram.
Their relationship led to numerous collaborations over time and David even celebrated reaching 1 million subscribers by kissing her for the first time in a video. The couple separated sometime in late 2017 but only announced their breakup in June 2018 in a YouTube video. Since after David, she is not known to have started a relationship with someone else.
How much net worth does Liza Koshy own?
Not only would Liza Koshy be getting payouts from her channels on YouTube, but she has also starred in a TV commercial for Beats by Dre which is sure to have netted her some cool money. She regularly promotes products and brands on her Youtube and other social media platforms and all these are various sources of income to her. It is therefore unsurprising that she is said to have an estimated net worth of $6 million as of 2019. however, his salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Liza Koshy?
Observing her body physics, Liza stands a height of 5 feet 3 inches and weighs around 54 Kg. Her hair color is black and eyes color is brown. She used a 32B bra size and 7 (US) shoe size. Further, her body measures 33-24-35 inches.