Facts of Louis DeJoy
|Full Name:||Louis DeJoy|
|Age:||0 years 0 months|
|Birth Date:||January 31, 2023|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Louis DeJoy|
Louis DeJoy is an American businessman and investor. He is best known as the 75th United States Postmaster General and chief executive officer (CEO) of the United States Postal Service (USPS). The USPS Board of Governors appointed him in that position in May 2020. He is also a major fundraiser for the Republican Party.
He previously served as CEO of High Point and the XPO’s supply chain business. He also served as the president of LDJ Global Strategies until his appointment as US Postmaster. He also serves on several boards.
What is Louis DeJoy Famous For?
- 75th United States Postmaster General and CEO.
Where was Louis DeJoy Born?
Louis DeJoy was born in 1957. His birth place is in Brooklyn, New York City in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He grew up in Brooklyn.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Stetson University, where he received his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration in accounting.
Louis DeJoy United States Postmaster General
- DeJoy became a Certified Public Accountant after graduating from university.
- From 1983 to 2014, he served as the CEO of High Point, North Carolina-based New Breed Logistics.
- He retired from his position after XPO Logistics acquired High Point.
- XPO Logistics acquired High Point reportedly for $615 million.
- He then served as CEO of XPO’s supply chain business in North America.
- He retired from that position in 2015.
- He was then appointed to a strategic role in XPO Logistics’ board of directors.
- He served on the board until 2018.
- He became the president of LDJ Global Strategies. It is a Greensboro, North Carolina-based boutique firm with interests in real estate, private equity, consulting, and project management.
- He was named one of three deputy finance chairmen of the Republican National Committee in April 2017.
- he became local finance chairman for the planned 2020 Republican National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina in May 2019.
- He also serves on the Elon University board of trustees.
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) Board of Governors appointed DeJoy as its 75th Postmaster General and CEO on 6 May 2020.
- However, his appointment was controversial because DeJoy and his wife have assets between $30-1 million and $75.3 million in USPS competitors or contractors, such as UPS and trucking company J.B. Hunt. His appointment was controversial because of his political bias.
- He announced in August 2020 that he had reassigned or displaced 23 senior USPS officials, including the two top executives overseeing day-to-day operations.
- DeJoy confirmed reports of delays in mail delivery in a letter to postal workers on 13 August 2020. He called the delays “unintended consequences” of changes that eventually would improve service.
- President Donald Trump admitted in a TV interview that he was blocking funds for the postal service in order to hinder mail-in voting.
- Following the congressional protests, the USPS inspector general began a review of DeJoy’s policy changes and whether he was complying with federal ethics rules.
Louis DeJoy Wife
Louis DeJoy is a married man. He is married to Aldona Wos. Wos is a Polish-American physician. She is a former Ambassador to Estonia during the George W. Bush Administration. She served as the Vice-Chair of the President’s Commission on White House Fellowships since 2017. The couple has two children together, a daughter, Ania, and a son, Andrew. They live in the Irving Park Historic District in Greensboro, North Carolina.
The couple founded the Louis DeJoy and Aldona Wos Family Foundation in 2005.
Louis DeJoy Net Worth
It was reported that DeJoy and his wife Aldona Wos have assets between $30.1 million and $75.3 million. It was a controversial topic during his appointment as the United States Postmasters General in May 2020. As the US postmaster general and CEO, he receives quite a salary. He has earned his fortune from his business. His net worth is estimated at $110 million.
Louis DeJoy Height
Louis DeJoy stands at a height of 5 feet and 8 inches tall. He has a body weight of 86 kg. He has an average body build. His eye color is brown. His brown hair has turned greyish-white with age. His sexual orientation is straight.