Luke Perry is popularly known for his role as Dylan McKay in the TV series, Beverly Hills.
Facts of Luke Perry
|Full Name:||Luke Perry|
|Age:||56 years 5 months|
|Birth Date:||October 11, 1966|
|Birth Place:||Ohio, U.S|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Coy Luther Perry Jr.|
|Mother's Name:||Ann Bennett|
|Education:||Fredericktown High School|
|Height / How tall :||5.10 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Gemini|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Luke Perry|
American actor, Luke Perry is popularly known for his role as Dylan McKay in the TV series, Beverly Hills, 90210 from 1990 to 1995 and again from 1998 to 2000. He is also well known for his role as Fred Andres in The CW’s teen drama series, Riverdale. At the initial phase of his career, he gave 215 auditions before finally landing a TV commercial.
- An American actor who is known for his role as Dylan McKay.
- His role as Fred Andres in The CW’s teen drama series, Riverdale.
Luke Perry faced a cancer scare and ‘bad back problems’ prior to stroke
New information regarding actor Luke Perry’s health has been released following his shock hospitalization last Thursday.
Perry, who rose to fame in the 1990s for his role on the hit television series Beverly Hills 90210 was hospitalized in California after suffering a “massive” stroke at his home in Sherman Oaks, where he is said to have been able to communicate with the paramedics and was responsive, reports TMZ.
The 52-year-old actor was rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital where his condition reportedly worsened and he remains under observation, his representative told AFP, declining to elaborate on the actor’s condition. Prior to his stroke Perry was said to be experiencing “bad back problems”, which had to be surgically fixed, according to the actor’s neighbor.
Perry’s last major health scare was in 2015 when precancerous growths were found in his body following a colonoscopy, prompting the actor to speak out about checking for colorectal cancer. Upon discovering the growths, He drastically changed his diet to decrease the risk of developing colorectal cancer.
Early Life of Luke Perry
Luke was born as Coy Luther Perry II. He was born in the Mansfield in the state of Ohio. Although he was born in Mansfield, he grew up in Fredericktown. His father name is Coy Luther Perry Jr. Similarly, his mother name is Ann Bennett. His father worked as a steelworker and his mother was simply a homemaker. As he likes to keep his personal life a secret, he hasn’t shared any information about his childhood. Also, there are no details to follow about his early life. His nationality is American and he has a mixed ethnicity of English and Irish.
As per his education or academic achievement, he joined Fredericktown High School. Later, he graduated from there. Afterward, he thought of acting which forced him to move to Los Angeles, California.
Career and Achievements of Luke Perry
- Graduating in 1984, Luke Perry traveled to Los Angeles to start his career as an actor. He worked in construction as a paver and in other capacities which helped him to pay off the fees for the acting classes. He also spent considerable time in other cities such as Huntington Beach, Long Beach, Downey, and Paramount.
- He played an uncredited role in the series ‘Voyagers’, following which he couldn’t find work on any other project until 1987 when he landed the part of Ned Bates in ABC’s soap opera ‘Loving’. A year later, he was cast in another soap opera, NBC’s ‘Another World’.
- His role in ‘Beverly Hills, 90210’ made Perry a teenage heartthrob in the 1990s and the offers began to pour in. Besides the ensemble drama ‘Scorchers’ (1991), he appeared in his first leading role in a film in ‘Terminal Bliss’ (1992).
- Later, he appeared as Oliver Pike in ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’, a comedy-horror based on Joss Whedon’s script. He co-starred with Kristy Swanson in the film. Whedon would later develop a darker and critically acclaimed television series of the same name.
- While most of his significant works are on television, Perry has, over the years, built up an impressive filmography. He played Lane Frost in ‘8 Seconds’ (1994), Mark Pinnalore in ‘Attention Shoppers’ (2000), and Richard Steele in ‘Jesse Stone: Lost in Paradise.’
- He has also worked with Massimo Boldi in ‘Vacanze di Natale ’95’ (1995), Bruce Willis and Gary Oldman in ‘The Fifth Element (1997), and Bill Paxton in ‘Red Wing’ (2013).
- Luke Perry starred in the crime-drama film ‘Normal Life’ (1996), comedy-drama ‘Alice Upside Down’ (2007), and the apocalyptic thriller ‘The Final Storm’ (2010). Recently, he appeared in the 2016 release ‘Dudes & Dragons’.
- He played himself in TV shows such as ‘The Simpsons’ (1993), Johnny Bravo (2000), and Family Guy (2000).
- Perry has also done a substantial amount of voice-work in his career. He provided voice for Napoleon Brie in ‘Biker Mice from Mars’ (1994-95), Sub-Zero in ‘Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm’ (1996), Rick Jones in ‘The Incredible Hulk’ (1996-97), Stewart Waldinger in ‘Pepper Ann’ (1999-2000), Ponce de León in ‘Clone High’ (2003), and Fang in ‘Pound Puppies’ (2011).
- In Thomas Nelson’s audio Bible production ‘The Word of Promise’ (2009), he portrayed Saint Stephen and Judas the disciple.
- Coming to his stage career, in 2001, he was cast as Brad Majors in the Broadway production of ‘The Rocky Horror Show’. He performed opposite Alyson Hannigan in the London production of ‘When Harry Met Sally’ in 2004.
- After ‘Beverly Hills, 90210’, his next important project on television was HBO’s drama ‘Oz’ (2001-02). Perry was cast as Rev. Jeremiah Cloutier, who is sent to the prison after being convicted of embezzling money from his church.
- From 2002 to 2004, he played the eponymous character in the American-Canadian post-apocalyptic action-drama ‘Jeremiah’. In 2006, he portrayed the character Peter Schaefer in NBC’s sitcom ‘Windfall’.
- He starred as Linc Stark, a surf talent scout, and entrepreneur, in ‘John from Cincinnati’ (2007), an HBO drama about the surfing community of Imperial Beach, California. In Dana Delany’s ‘Body of Proof’ (2012-13), he acted as CDC Officer Dr. Charlie Stafford.
- Perry’s contribution to the small screen is not limited just to television shows. He has acted in many television films and miniseries, including ‘Riot’ (1997), ‘Supernova’ (2005), ‘A Gunfighter’s Pledge’ (2008), and ‘Love in Paradise’ (2016).
- His latest show ‘Riverdale’ is based on the characters in Archie Comics. He plays Frederick “Fred” Andrews, the father of Archibald “Archie” Andrews (KJ Apa). He is set to appear in the upcoming film ‘The Griddle House’.
- Recently, he appeared in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) as a Wayne Maunder and Fred Andrews in Riverdale (2107-present).
Personal Life of Luke Perry
Luke has been married in the past. But as of now, he is supposed to be single. Discussing his now-divorced-marriage, he was tied in a marital knot to Minnie Sharp. They got married in 1993. During their time together, they had two children together. Their first child was born on 15th June 1997 named Jack. Similarly, their second child is a daughter named, Sophie born on June 21, 2000. But even after a long time being together, things started falling apart between them. And finally, in 2003, they separated legally.
Before this marriage, he was in a relationship with several other beautiful ladies. He dated Kristy Swanson from 1991 to 1992. Also, he had an affair with the actress, Yasmine Bleeth from 1987 to 1988.
Net Worth of Luke Perry
The net worth of this famous actor, Luke Perry is estimated at around $10 million. He is making an impressive net worth from his work. His present salary has not been revealed yet but it will be updated very soon.
Body Measurements of Luke Perry
Luke has a charismatic personality. He has an average height of 5 feet 10 inches. He has a balanced weight of 75 Kg. His hair color is Dark Brown and eye color is Light Brown. His other body measurement will be updated soon.