Facts of Lynn Shelton
|Full Name:||Lynn Shelton|
|Age:||58 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||August 27, 1965|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Lynn Shelton|
Lynn Shelton was an American filmmaker, who was popularly known for her work as a writer, director, and producer in several hit films including “Humpday” and “Your Sister’s Sister”. Shelton even had worked in television shows including “Mad Men”, “Fresh Off the Boat”, “The Mindy Project” and “GLOW”.
With her hard work even in low-budget films that later led to a major hit, Shelton had become the leading voice of the new American independent cinema movement. Even in a short time of her work, she had managed to win quite a few awards including Genius Award for lifetime achievement in 2008.
Shelton died at the age of 54 on May 15, 2020, in Los Angeles due to unidentified blood disorder. Besides, she was quite active in social media sites with over 12.9k followers on her Instagram: @thelynnshelton.
What was Lynn Shelton Famous for?
- Famous for her work in hit films like “Humpday” and “Your Sister’s Sister”.
Where was Lynn Shelton Born?
Lynn Shelton was born on August 27, 1965, in Oberlin, Ohio, Unites States. Her birth name was Lynn Shelton. Her nationality was American. Shelton belonged to White ethnicity while Virgo was her zodiac sign.
Lynn was born as the daughter of Wendy Roedell(mother) and David ‘Mac’ Shelton(father). Her mother, Wendy was a developmental psychologist while her father, David was a trial lawyer and mediator-arbitrator. Her parents however divorced 9 years after her birth in 1974.
Lynn had three siblings: two brothers, David Shelton and Robert Rynd and a sister, Tanya Rynd along with whom she grew up in Seattle, Washington where she attended Oberlin College and then returned back to the Pacific Northwest to attend the University of Washington School of Drama.
After graduating from the drama school, she moved to New York and joined the School of Visual Arts in Manhattan where she studied photography and related media and finally graduated earning a Master’s degree in Fine Arts program. She had an interest in filmmaking since her childhood but she never had the confidence to do it.
In 2003, she attended a Q&A with the French filmmaker Claire Denis, after which she got more inspired and began focusing more in the field. Besides, she also used to work aboard a fishing trawler in the Bering Sea.
How did Lynn Shelton die?
Lynn Shelton passed away in her mid-50s at the age of 54 on Friday, May 15, 2020, in Los Angeles following the unidentified blood disorder. Shelton had been ill for earlier few weeks before her death during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, her death wasn’t because of the virus.
Shelton is survived by her parents, siblings, and a son.
What was Lynn Shelton’s Career Like?
- Lynn Shelton began her professional career as a writer and director with her first feature film, “We Go Way Back” in 2004. The film was premiered at the Slamdance Film Festival in 2006.
- Shelton then directed the dark comedy film, “My Effortless Brilliance” in 2008 starring Basil Harris, Sean Nelson, Jeanette Mau, and Calvin Reeder.
- In 2009, her film, “Humpday” was premiered at Sundance, which she directed, produced, and wrote herself turned out to be hit film.
- Following the success, Shelton got much more attention after the release of the comedy-drama film, “Your Sister’s Sister” in 2011, which she wrote and directed, got much appreciation.
- In 2013, Shelton directed a film titled “Touchy Feely” that even got nominated for the Grand Jury Prize.
- Her directed film, “Laggies” was the first film that wasn’t written by her which was released in 2014.
- In 2015, Shelton was invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ Director’s Branch.
- Shelton then directed the drama film, “Outside In” premiered at Toronto International Film Festival in 2017.
- In 2019, her last directed film titled “Sword of Trust” was released that had its world premiere at South by Southwest.
- Shelton also had directed episodes for TV shows since 2009 including “The Good Place”, “GLOW”, “New Girl”, “Mad Men”, and “Little Fires Everywhere”.
- She even revealed that she was in the process of co-writing a drama film with Marc Maron before she died.
Awards and Achievements
- Slamdance Film Festival-Grand Jury Award in 2006
- Atlanta Film Festival-Special Jury Prize for Direction in 2008
- Genius Award for lifetime achievement in 2008
- Sundance Film Festival-Special Jury Prize in 2009
- 26th Independent Spirit Awards-Someone to Watch Award in 2010
Who was Lynn Shelton Married to?
Lynn Shelton was married to her first and last husband, Kevin Seal. Kevin is an American actor, musician, and comedian with whom she got married in 2011. The couple together had a son named Milo Seal however, their relation lasted till 2019.
Later, she was in a relationship with her last boyfriend, Marc Malon. Malon is also a popular comedian, actor ad writer with whom she had revealed that she would be making a new drama film a few weeks prior to her death in 2020.
What was the Net Worth of Lynn Shelton?
Lynn Shelton had quite good earnings from her professional career as a filmmaker. Having worked in the field for over 9 years, she had managed to amass a healthy fortune from her several directed and written films and TV shows. Her estimated net worth was around $330k at the time of her death.
How Tall was Lynn Shelton?
Lynn Shelton was a beautiful lady in her 50s at the time of her death. She had a well maintained slim body physique. She had a height of 1.68m while she had a bodyweight of around 58kg. She had a fair complexion with light brown hair and blue eyes.