Facts of Manny Pacquiao
|Full Name:||Manny Pacquiao|
|Age:||43 years 7 months|
|Birth Date:||December 17, 1978|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Manny Pacquiao|
The Filipino professional boxer and politician, currently serving as a Senator of the Philippines is Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao. He is professionally known as Manny Pacquiao. He currently ranks number 4 in BoxRec’s ranking of the greatest pound for pound boxers of all time. In 2006, 2008 and 2011, he won the award and became ‘Ring magazine’ and ‘BWAA Fighter of the Year’. In 2009 and 2010, he won the ‘Best Fighter ESPY Award’.
He is also the first boxer in history to win major world titles in four of the original eight weight classes of boxing known as the “glamour divisions” in flyweight, featherweight, lightweight, and welterweight.
Pacquiao’s Early Life
Manny Pacquiao’s real name is Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao on 17 December 1978 at Kibawe, Bukidnon, Philippines. He was born to Rosalio Pacquiao and Dionisia Dapidran-Pacquiao. His parents separated when he was in grade six. He completed his elementary education at Saavedra Saway Elementary School. He was awarded a high school diploma by the Department of Education. For a college degree in business management, he enrolled at Notre Dame of Dadiangas University (NDDU).
Pacquiao’s Body Features
Pacquiao’s height is 1.66 m and weight is 70 kg. His hair color is black and the eye color is dark brown. Overall, he has the balanced and healthy body.
- He Pacquiao is a military reservist with the rank of Colonel in the ‘Reserve Force of the Philippine Army’.
- He also held the rank of Lieutenant Colonel for being a member of the ‘Philippine Congress’.
- On 27 April 2006, he entered the Army’s reserve force on as a ‘Sergeant’ and on 1 December as ‘Technical Sergeant’.
- On 7 October 2007, he became a ‘Master Sergeant’.
- On May 4, 2009, he was given the special rank of ‘Senior Master Sergeant’ and was also designated as the ‘Command Sergeant Major’ of the ‘15th Ready Reserve Division’.
- He started boxing at the age of 14 and turned professional when he was 16 years old.
- As an amateur career, he had a record of 60-4.
- As a professional career, he had a record of 60-7-2.
- In 2016, he was ranked second on ‘ESPN’s list’ of the top pound for pound boxers.
- In July 2018, he is the current WBA (Regular) welterweight champion.
- On April 17, 2014, he joined the ‘Philippine Basketball Association’ as the playing coach of ‘Kia Motors Basketball team’.
- He was picked 11th overall in the first round of the 2014 PBA draft by the ‘Kia basketball team’.
- On February 8, 2015, he tallied his first career point after making a shot in the free-throw on a match and on 25 October he made his first field goal in the PBA.
- On August 21, 2016, he scored a career-high four points.
- In 2017, his three-year rookie deal as a player with the Picanto expired and four weeks later his coaching contract with the Kia Picanto also expired.
- On September 3, 2018, he played for the ‘Senate Defenders’ team in the UNTV Cup Season 7. He scored 14 points in a winning effort for his tournament debut.
- On 12 February 2007, he officially announced that he would be running for a seat in the ‘Philippine House of Representatives’.
- On 21 November 2009, he confirmed that he would run again for the congressional seat.
- On 13 May 2010, he has officially proclaimed congressman of the lone district of Sarangani.
- On 16 April 2012, in front of PDP-LABAN President and Senator Aquilino Pimentel III and Secretary-General Joey de Venecia he took his second oath.
- On 5 October 2015, he formally declared that he was running for Senator under the United Nationalist Alliance.
- In 2000, he has appeared first in a Filipino film titled ‘Di Ko Kayang Tanggapin’.
- In December 2005, he took his first lead role in the film named ‘Lisensyadong Kamao’.
- In 2008, he starred in the film ‘Anak ng Kumander’.
- On 25 December 2009, he starred in the film entitled ‘Wapakman’.
- In 2011, he appeared on a film named ‘Tosh.0’.
- In 2006, he released his first album named ‘Laban Nating Lahat Ito’.
Pacquiao’s Personal Life
Pacquiao is a married man. On 10 May 2000, he has married to Jinkee Pacquiao who is the vice governor of Sarangani. The couple has five children together – Jemuel, Michael, Mary Divine Grace, Queen Elizabeth, and Israel Pacquiao.
Pacquiao’s net worth is estimated to be $190 million.