Facts of Marco Rubio
|Full Name:||Marco Rubio|
|Age:||51 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||May 28, 1971|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius, Libra|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Marco Rubio|
Marco Antonio Rubio famed as Marco Rubio is a famous American politician. At present, he is serving as the senior United States senator from Florida. Previously, he has served as speaker of the Florida House of Representatives as a republican party. He was elected to represent the 111th district in the Florida House of Representatives in 2000. Later, he was elected speaker of the Florida House and was Speaker for two years beginning in November 2006. He successfully ran for the United States Senate in 2010. In April 2015, he announced that he would not seek re-election to the Senate, instead choosing to run for president. He has been described as a “virtual secretary of state for Latin America”. Overall, he is a very talented politician.
Rubio calls Chinese Consulate in Houston ‘massive spy center’
A day after the United States announced it has ordered the Chinese Consulate in Houston to close, a favorite target of the foreign government had some strong words about the Montrose landmark. He tweeted his support Wednesday for the shuttering of a Chinese consulate in Houston, claiming that spying activity was carried out through the facility. The U.S. directed the closure of the consulate on Tuesday. The Chinese government said Wednesday morning that they had been instructed to do so without warning, but Rubio claims the move was “long overdue.” “China’s consulate in Houston is not a diplomatic facility. It is the central node of the Communist Party’s vast network of spies & influence operations in the United States.”
- Being a famous Politician.
- Being the senior United States senator from Florida.
What is the birthplace of Marco Rubio?
Marco Rubio was born on 28th May 1971 in Miami, Florida, the USA; his birthplace/hometown. His birth name/real name is Marco Antonio Rubio. His nationality is American-Cuban and his ethnicity is Mixed. His race is White. He was born to his parents; Mario Rubio Reina (father) and Oriales Rubio (mother). His parents are Cubans who immigrated to the United States in 1956, prior to the rise of Fidel Castro in 1959. His mother made at least four return trips to Cuba after Castro’s takeover, including a month-long trip in 1961. Rubio’s maternal grandfather, Pedro Victor Garcia, immigrated to the U.S. legally in 1956 but returned to Cuba to find work in 1959. He enjoyed a close relationship with his grandfather during his childhood. Neither of his parents was a U.S. citizen at the time of Rubio’s birth but they later became naturalized citizens. He also has three siblings; older brother Mario, older sister Barbara (married to Orlando Cicilia), and younger sister Veronica (formerly married to entertainer Carlos Ponce). He grew up in a working-class neighborhood where his father worked as a bartender at Sam’s Town Hotel and his mother worked as a housekeeper at the Imperial Palace Hotel and Casino. As per his education, he attended South Miami Senior High School, graduating in 1989. He also received a football scholarship to attend Tarkio College in Missouri for one year. He then earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from the University of Florida in 1993. After that, he attended the University of Miami School of Law, graduating in 1996 with a J.D. degree cum laude. As a law student, he interned for U.S. Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and also worked on Republican Senator Bob Dole’s 1996 presidential campaign. He became a member of the Florida House of Representatives in early 2000. Growing up, his family was Roman Catholic, though from age 8 to age 11 he and his family attended The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints while living in Las Vegas. His zodiac sign is Gemini.
How was the Career of Marco Rubio?
- Two years after completing his law school, in April 1998, Rubio was elected to a seat as a city commissioner for West Miami.
- Moreover, he became a member of the Florida House of Representatives in early 2000.
- He considered his position as a Member of the Florida House of Representatives from the 111th district in 2000, succeeding Carlos Valdes.
- On 14th December 1999, he placed second in the Republican primary but won the run-off election for the Republican nomination, defeating Angel Zayon by just 64 votes.
- Similarly, he defeated Democrat Anastasia Garcia with 72% of the vote in a 25th January 2000 special election.
- In the year 2002, he won re-election to a second full term unopposed.
- In the year 2004, he won re-election to a third full term with 66% of the vote.
- In the year 2006, he won re-election to a fourth full term unopposed.
- On 13th September 2005, at age 34, he became speaker after State Representatives Dennis Baxley, Jeff Kottkamp, and Dennis A. Ross dropped out.
- He became the first Cuban American to be speaker of the Florida House of Representatives and would remain speaker until November 2008.
- He also introduced a plan to reduce state property taxes to 2001 levels and supported efforts to promote literacy and mentoring for black children as he felt that young African-American males believed that the American dream is not available to them.
- He had authored the book ‘100 Innovative Ideas for Florida’s Future’ based on ideas collected from Florida residents.
- As the speaker, he helped to enact many of the ideas which ultimately became laws include measures to crack down on gangs and sexual predators, promote energy-efficient buildings, appliances and vehicles.
- After that, he returned to his legal career and started his own law firm. He also began teaching in the Department of Politics and International Relations at Florida International University (FIU) as an adjunct professor.
- In the year 2009, he launched his campaign for the U.S. Senate.
- He considered an underdog in the 2010 United States Senate election in Florida, where he surprised everyone by defeating his opponents, the independent candidate, Charlie Crist and Democrat Kendrick Meek.
- He also assumed office as United States Senator from Florida in January 2011.
- He voted against the Budget Control Act of 2011, which included mandatory automatic budget cuts from sequestration and co-sponsored the Reducing the Size of Federal Government Through Attrition Act.
- As the senator, he serves on several committees including the Commerce Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard, and Foreign Relations Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Transnational Crime, Civilian Security, Democracy, Human Rights and Global Women’s Issues.
- He is a part of the bipartisan “Gang of Eight” in the Senate and has co-authored the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 to give illegal immigrants a pathway to legal status.
- He was ranked the tenth most bipartisan Senator by the Bipartisan Index, published by The Lugar Center and Georgetown’s McCourt School of Public Policy.
- In the year 2015, he announced his plans to run for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.
- He also won the Republican primary on 30th August 2016, defeating Carlos Beruff.
- He then faced Democratic nominee Patrick Murphy in the general election, defeating him with 52% of the vote.
- His first four years in the U.S. Senate, Republicans were in the minority, but since January 2015 Republicans have been the Senate majority party.
- In September 2017, after President Trump rescinded the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program for six months, he called for an outline on “what kind of legislation the president is willing to sign” to prevent unwanted proposals.
- In 2019, he defended Trump’s decision to host the G7 conference at the Trump National Doral Miami, a resort that Trump himself owns.
- He described the decision as “great”, and said it would be good for local businesses.
- In February 2018 he attracted controversy following the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting at a town hall event held by CNN when he was questioned by a survivor of the shooting about the supposed $3,303,355 he had received in donations from the NRA.
- In March 2018, Rubio defended the decision of the Trump administration to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census.
- In July 2018, he offered an amendment to a major congressional spending bill to potentially force companies that purchase real estate in cash to disclose their owners as “an attempt to root out criminals who use illicit funds and anonymous shell companies to buy homes.”
- On 28th August 2018, he along with 16 other members of Congress urged the United States to impose sanctions under the Global Magnitsky Act against Chinese officials who are responsible for human rights abuses against the Uyghur Muslim minority in Xinjiang.
- He opposed the Affordable Care Act (“Obamacare”).
- On 27th April 2020, the US Supreme Court voted 8-1 to defeat his attempt to undermine the Act.
Honors of Marco Rubio
He has been awarded the following foreign honor:
- Commander of the Order of the Star of Romania, Romania (8th June 2017)
Writings/Books of Marco Rubio
- 100 Innovative Ideas for Florida’s Future. Regnery Publishing. 2006.
- An American Son: A Memoir. Sentinel HC. 2012.
- American Dreams: Restoring Economic Opportunity for Everyone. Sentinel HC. 2015.
Who is Marco Rubio’s Wife?
Marco Rubio is a married man. He was married to his beautiful wife, Jeanette Dousdebes who is a former bank teller and Miami Dolphins cheerleader, since 1998. They have four children; Dominic, Daniella, Anthony, and Amanda. The duo married in 1998 in a Catholic ceremony at the Church of the Little Flower. At present, he and his family live in West Miami, Florida. As of now, the couple is living a happy life with their children without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Marco Rubio?
Marco Rubio is a United States Senator from Florida. He has made his name in the world of politics and law firm through his hard work and sheer dedication to his work. As of 2020, the net worth of Marco Rubio is estimated to have around $1 Million as per sources. More details about his earning are yet to be disclosed. Without a doubt, he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his present work. His source of earning is from politicians’ work. He is satisfied with whatever he is receiving right now.
How tall is Marco Rubio?
Marco Rubio is a very handsome person with a fair skin tone. He has got an average height of 1.78 m or 5 ft 10 in. His balanced bodyweight consists of 73 Kg. His hair color and eye color, both are black. Overall, he has got a healthy body as of now.