Facts of Maria Mercader
|Full Name:||Maria Mercader|
|Age:||57 years 0 months|
|Birth Date:||November 28, 1965|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Maria Mercader|
The famous reporter of Maria Mercader, who worked for CBS for nearly three decades, left this world on 29th March 2020. She was the same person who made a report about 9/11 and the death of Princess Diana. She held the Emmy Award for Business and Financial Reporting for her news about Computer Spam. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Maria Mercader known for?
- An Award-winning American journalist working for CBS.
When was Maria Mercader born?
Recalling her early life, Maria was born in New York City, U.S. in the year 1965. She came from a family that included her parents, Manuel and Glady’s Mercader, and her brother Manuel. Her birth name is Maria Carla Mercader. She held American nationality and came from Caucasian ethnicity. Further, her birth sign is Sagittarius.
For education, She studied from Dominican Academy and then attended the College of New Rochelle, where she graduated in 1987. She graduated from the AAJA’s Executive Leadership Program in Chicago in 2004.
When did Maria Mercader begin her media career?
- Moving towards her career, Maria was a well-known CBS Journalist and had joined CBS News in 1987 at the company’s page program.
- Later, she started her career at CBS Newspath and also worked on the network’s foreign and national news desks. She had helped to cover breaking news such as the death of Princess Diana and the September 11th attacks.
- Moreover, the journalist won an Emmy Award for Business and Financial Reporting in 2004 for helping to produce “The Little Engine that Could, Spam,” which is a CBS News Sunday Morning feature report.
- Later, in 2016, she earned the spot for the director of the talent strategy in 2016, after which she helped improve diversity and coordinated CBS News participation with the Asian American Journalists Association, the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association, and the National Association of Black Journalists.
How did Maria Mercader die?
Maria Mercader passed away on March 29th, 2020 at the age of 54 from the COVID-19 in a New York Hospital. She had been on medical leave for an unrelated matter since the last week in February.
Also, she fought cancer and related illnesses for more than 20 years and was an inspiration each time she returned to work after a setback threatened to end her life.
Till now, there is no information about her funeral, but more information will be available shortly. However, everyone is sad that one hell good reporter left this world due to the outbreak of COVID-19.
Was Maria Mercader married?
Reflecting on her personal life, Maria liked to keep her personal life private hence information about her relationship status is not available. It is therefore not known whether she was married or has any children. However, this information will be updated as soon as it is available.
What is the net worth of Maria Mercader?
Being a CBS Journalist by profession, Maria must have earned an impressive amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of media. Based on some online sites, her estimated net worth salary is still under review. Whenever we were updated, we will let you know.
What were Maria Mercader Body Measurements?
Before her death, Maria stood at a height of 5 feet 4 inches and weighs around 65 Kg. Similarly, she had a pair of brown eyes and black hair color. Further, her other body information is yet to be disclosed.