Marie Louise "Masha" Yovanovitch is an American diplomat and senior member of the United States Foreign Service.
Facts of Marie Yovanovitch
|Full Name:||Marie Yovanovitch|
|Age:||63 years 9 months|
|Birth Date:||November 11, 1958|
|Birth Place:||Montreal, Canada|
|Net Worth:||$6 million|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Michel Yovanovitch|
|Mother's Name:||Nadia Yovanovitch|
|Hair Color:||Light brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Marie Yovanovitch|
Marie Yovanovitch is an American diplomat who previously served as a Senior Advisor to the Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs, U.S. Ambassador to Kyrgyzstan and U.S. Ambassador to Armenia. Marie is also a member of the senior ranks of the United States Foreign Service. Yovanovitch was fired by President Trump from her post as an ambassador to Ukraine. Later, she testified in a public hearing before the House of Representatives on Friday, November 15, 2019, as a part of the impeachment investigation against President Donald Trump.
What is Marie Yovanovitch Famous for?
- Famous as a diplomat and ousted ambassador to Ukraine who was fired by President Trump.
Where is Marie Yovanovitch From?
Marie Yovanovitch was born on November 11, 1958, in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Her birth name is Marie Yovanovitch. Her nationality is American. Yovanovitch belongs to White ethnicity while Scorpio is her zodiac sign.
Marie Yovanovitch was born in a well-to-do family in Canada to Mikhail Yovanovitch(father) and Nadia Yovanovitch(mother). Her both parents were foreign language teachers at Kent School in Connecticut who later fled the Soviet Union and the Nazis. When Marie was 3, her family moved to Connecticut and eventually became a naturalized American citizen at 18. She grew up in a very healthy environment speaking Russian along with her brother, Andre.
Yovanovitch attended and graduated from the Kent School in Connecticut in 1976. She graduated from Princeton University in 1980 with a B.A. degree in history and Russian studies. The same year 1980, she joined the Pushkin Institute in Moscow where she was even awarded an M.S. from the National Defense University’s National War College in 2001.
Marie Yovanovitch Career Highlights
- Marie Yovanovitch started her professional career after she joined the U.S. Foreign Service in 1986.
- In May 1998, she was appointed as the Deputy Director of the Russian Desk in the U.S. Department of State for two years till May 2000.
- She has served the United States government for four presidential administrations, two Democrats and three Republicans.
- In August 2001, she served as the Deputy Chief of Mission of the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine till June 2004.
- In August 2004, she was appointed as the senior advisor to the Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs.
- She also served as International Advisor and Deputy Commandant at the National Defense University’s School for National Security and Resource Strategy.
- On November 20, 2004, she was appointed as the U.S. Ambassador to Kyrgyzstan which she served for four years till February 4, 2008.
- Yovanovitch served as U.S. Ambassador to Armenia and was awarded the department’s Senior Foreign Service Performance Award six times and the Superior Honor Award five times.
- She also served as Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs in 2012.
- She was promoted to the rank of Career Minister in 2016.
- On August 12, 2016, Yovanovitch was sworn as the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine under the US president, Donald Trump. During which she was the target of a conspiracy-driven smear campaign.
- On October 11, 2019, Yovanovitch gave closed-door testimony before the House Oversight and Reform, Foreign Affairs and Intelligence committees against President Trump.
- On November 15, 2019, Yovanovitch testified during the public president Trump impeachment hearings after which she was fired from the post.
- Currently, she is serving as a Senior State Department at Georgetown University’s Institute for the Study of Diplomacy.
Who is Marie Yovanovitch Married to?
The 61 years old former ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch isn’t married yet. She hasn’t been in a relationship with anyone at the moment.
What is the Net Worth of Marie Yovanovitch?
Marie Yovanovitch might have quite a few fortune worth million dollars through her professional career as a government server and ambassador. Yovanovitch has managed to amass a fortune worth millions of dollars from her several posts and jobs. Her estimated net worth is around $6 million as of 2019.
How Tall is Marie Yovanovitch?
Marie Yovanovitch has a maintained average body physique. She has fair complexion with light brown hair and brown eyes.