Mark Blum was an American actor who worked in theater, film and television. Blum found success with a lead role in the 1985 film Desperately Seeking Susan, which he followed up the next year with a supporting role in Crocodile Dundee.
Facts of Mark Blum
|Full Name:||Mark Blum|
|Birth Date:||May 14, 1950|
|Death Date:||March 25, 2020|
|Birth Place:||Newark, New Jersey, the USA|
|Net Worth:||$5 million|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Morton Blum|
|Mother's Name:||Lorraine Fink|
|Education:||Columbia High School, University of Pennsylvania|
|Height / How tall :||5ft 8inch|
|Hair Color:||Light Brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Mark Blum|
An American actor who worked in film, television, and theater is named for Mark Blum. He was best known for starring on ‘Desperately Seeking Susan’ and ‘You.’ In the 1980s, Blum appeared on; Lovesick (1983), Desperately Seeking Susan (1985), Crocodile Dundee (1986), Just Between Friends (1986), Blind Date (1987), and The Presidio (1988). In 2018, he was cast in a recurring role as Ivan Mooney in the former Lifetime thriller series, You.
Mark Blum dies of coronavirus complications
Mark Blum, a veteran stage actor known for films including “Desperately Seeking Susan” and “Crocodile Dundee,” has died due to complications from Covid-19, according to a statement released by the Screen Actors Guild. Though he was perhaps best known for the 1985 film “Desperately Seeking Susan,” in which he starred alongside Madonna and Rosanna Arquette, he most recently appeared in supporting TV roles on the HBO series “Succession,” the Netflix drama “You” and Amazon’s “Mozart in the Jungle.” He was a staple in the New York theater community, frequently appearing on Broadway, including the revival of “Twelve Angry Men,” though he appeared off-Broadway much more often. Blum was a regular player with Playwrights Horizons, an off-Broadway theater in New York. The company remembered him on Twitter.
What was the Cause of Death of Mark Blum?
Mark Blum died at New York-Presbyterian Hospital on 25th March 2020, from complications from COVID-19 at the age of 69.
What is the birthplace of Mark Blum?
On 14th May 1950, Mark Blum was born in Newark, New Jersey, the USA. He lastly celebrated his 69th birthday. His nationality was American and his ethnicity was White. His religion was Christian. He then attended Columbia High School and later he went to attend the University of Pennsylvania. Information regarding his parents and more will be added soon.
How Mark Blum Began His Acting Career?
- Mark Blum began his acting career on stage in the 1970s.
- He then acted in the movies Lovesick (1983), Desperately Seeking Susan (1985), Just Between Friends (1986), Crocodile Dundee (1986), Blind Date (1987), and The Presidio (1988) in the 1980s and he appeared in Coin Heist in 2017.
- He co-starred in Sweet Surrender in 1987 on television and also appeared in the following: Capital News in 1990, Frasier in 1997, and NYPD Blue in 1999.
- He also appeared in Mozart in the Jungle from 2014 to 2018.
- He won an Obie Award for his performance as Al in the Playwrights Horizons production of Albert Innaurato’s play, Gus and Al, in the 1988-1989 season.
- On Broadway, he appeared in Neil Simon’s Lost in Yonkers, Gore Vidal’s The Best Man, and Richard Greenberg’s The Assembled Parties.
- He appeared as Max in the Primary Stages production of The Model Apartment in 2013.
- In 2018, he was cast in a recurring role as Ivan Mooney in the former Lifetime thriller series You.
- He was regularly acted at Playwrights Horizons, an off-Broadway theater in New York City. Blum frequently appeared on Broadway, including the revival of Twelve Angry Men.
- His recent Broadway credits included The Assembled Parties, Gore Vidal’s The Best Man-twice-and Neil Simon’s Lost in Yonkers.
Who was the Wife of Mark Blum?
Mark Blum was a married person. He was married to his wife Janet Zarish. Janet Zarish appeared on television as Natalie Bannon on As the World Turns and as Lee Halpern on One Life to Live. Prior to his death, the duo was living a happy life without any disturbances. His sexual orientation was straight.
How much is Mark Blum’s Net Worth as of 2020?
The net worth of this famous actor is believed to have $5 Million as of 2020. Whereas his exact salary is under review but it will be added once we get information about his earnings. Prior to his death, he was living a luxurious lifestyle and he was satisfied with his earnings. His source of earning was from his acting career.
How tall was Mark Blum?
Mark Blum was a very cool and handsome person with a tall height of 177 cm. His body weight consists of 63 Kg. His eye color is blue and his hair color is light brown. His other body measurements will be added soon.