Mary-Kate Olsen is an American fashion designer, former actress, and producer, who is best known for her appearance as Michelle Tanner.
Facts of Mary-Kate Olsen
|Full Name:||Mary-Kate Olsen|
|Age:||36 years 9 months|
|Birth Date:||June 13, 1986|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius, Libra|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Mary-Kate Olsen|
Mary-Kate Olsen is an American fashion designer, former actress, and producer, who is best known for her appearance as Michelle Tanner along with her fraternal twin sister Ashley Olsen when they were just 9 months old in the Mary-Kate Olsen sitcom, “Full House”.
Along with her twin sister, Ashley Olsen, Mary has formed a great reputation and established their niche in the show business as they currently are the owners and founders of the luxury fashion brands, “The Row” and “Elizabeth and James”.
Mary and her sister, Ashley officially retired as actresses and began focusing on the fashion industry in 2012. Olsen twins have a combined net worth of $500 million as of 2019 and were even ranked as the eleventh-richest women in entertainment in 2007.
Bio, Age, Parents, Nationality
Mary-Kate Olsen Bio: Mary-Kate Olsen was born on June 13, 1986, in Sherman Oaks, California, United States. Her birth name is Mary-Kate Olsen. Her nationality is American. Olsen belongs to White ethnicity while Gemini is her zodiac sign. Her parents are Jarnette and David Olsen.
Education Details of Mary-Kate Olsen: Olsen attended Los Angeles’ Campbell Hall School. Olsen and her twin sister attended New York University’s Gallatin School of Individualized Study after graduating from Campbell Hall in 2004.
What is Mary-Kate Olsen Famous for?
- Famous as Olsen’s sister mainly for her role as Michelle Tanner along with her fraternal twin sister Ashley Olsen in Mary-Kate Olsen sitcom, “Full House”.
Quick Facts About Mary-Kate Olsen
|Full Name||Mary-Kate Olsen|
|Date of Birth||June 13, 1986|
|Place of Birth||Los Angeles, CA|
Mary-Kate Olsen: Career, Net Worth 2023
Mary-Kate Olsen’s net worth is estimated to be between $1 million and $5 million. Her primary career as a TV actress has earned her a lot of money.
- Mary-Kate Olsen began her acting career at the age of 9 months old along with her twin sister, Ashley Olsen, for the role of Michelle Tanner on the popular television sitcom, “Full House” in 1987. The twins remained in the show for 8 long years till 1995.
- The twin sister also starred in several films in their teenage including “To Grandmother’s House We Go”(1992), “Double, Double, Toil and Trouble”(1993), “How the West Was Fun”(1994), and “Billboard Dad”(1998).
- Following their success, “Dualstar Entertainment Group” was created to produce Mary-Kate and Ashley-branded products in 1993. Their company produced a long string of TV movies and direct-to-video releases featuring the girls.
- Olsen sisters made their big-screen debut in 1995 in the feature film, “It Takes Two”.
- In 2004, both Mary-Kate and Ashley became the joint CEO of Dualstar, and later on their 18th birthday, they became the co-presidents of a company that had its merchandise being carried in over 3,000 stores in America and 5,300 stores worldwide.
- Olsen started her first solo career with her appearance in the movie, “Factory Girl” in 2006. She then appeared in the television series, “Weeds” in 2007, the film, “The Wackness” in 2008, and then on the Mary-Kate Olsen comedy sitcom, “Samantha Who?”.
- Her final acting performance was in Alex Flinn’s novel-adapted movie, “Beastly” in 2011.
- In March 2012, both Mary-Kate and Ashley announced their retirement as actresses to focus on their careers in fashion. They didn’t even reprise their role as Michelle Tanner in the spin-off of “Full House”.
- The Olsen twins then started a clothing line in Wal-Mart stores across America for girls ages 4 to 14 and a beauty line called “Mary-Kate and Ashley: Real fashion for real girls”.
- They currently are the co-founder and the head of a designer fashion label, “The Row,” as well as “Elizabeth and James”, “Olsenboye”, and “StyleMint” retail collections.
- In 2013, they released a perfume brand called “Elizabeth and James”. They even co-authored a book titled “Influence” in 2008 and also teamed with TOMS Shoes.
- Mary-Kate and Ashley are members of the Council of Fashion Designers of America, CFDA, and the creative directors of Superga. :
Awards and Achievements
Mary-Kate has won several awards which are all combined with her twin sister, Ashley Olsen.
- 4 Young Artist Awards for “Full House” and “Double, Double, Toil and Trouble”
- 2 Kids’ Choice Awards for “It Takes Two”
- Wall Street Journal for Innovator of the Year: Fashion
- 5 Council of Fashion Designers of America Award for Womenswear and Accessories Designer of the Year
Relationship Status of Mary-Kate Olsen
Mary-Kate Olsen married for once to her first husband, Olivier Sarkozy. Olivier is a French banker and half-brother of former French President Nicolas Sarkozy with whom she began dating in May 2012. The couple dated for several months until they got engaged in 2014 when a photo was published showing supposedly an engagement ring.
After 3 years of dating, the couple got married on November 27, 2015, at a private residence in New York City. However, Olsen filed for a divorce and even sought an emergency order to proceed despite delays due to the COVID-19 pandemic on April 17, 2020. The divorce issue got messier after Sarkozy’s team forced Olsen to be out of the couple’s shared apartment by May 18, 2020.
Body Measurement – Height, Weight
She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 2inch.(1.57m) while her body weighs around 49kg(108 lbs).
She has a body measurement of 34-24-34 inches with 5(US) as her shoe size.
FAQs of Mary-Kate Olsen
1. Why is ABC famous?
She is famous for being a successful Actress.
2. Where is ABC from?
She is from United States.
3. How tall is She?
She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 2inch.(1.57m).
Also Know about: Bradley Beal, Charlise Castrol, Bristol Palin