Facts of Matt Chapman
|Full Name:||Matt Chapman|
|Age:||28 years 4 months|
|Birth Date:||April 28, 1993|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Matt Chapman|
Matt James Chapman shortly named as Matt Chapman is a famous professional baseball third baseman from the USA. He is currently playing for the Oakland Athletics of Major League Baseball (MLB). He uses a two-handed gather on the forehand, and one-handed backhand with a basketball defensive crouch to prevent the ball from sailing. He won the Platinum Glove Award, Fielding Bible Award, and Gold Glove Award in 2018 and 2019. Additionally, he also won the Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Award in 2018 and was an All-Star for the first time in the year 2019. In the 2019 season, he excelled offensively, hitting 36 home runs with 91 RBI despite hitting .246 in 156 games. Overall, he is a very talented baseballer.
- 1 Matt Olson and Matt Chapman were prepared for new MLB extra-inning rule
- 2 Famous For
- 3 What is the birthplace of Matt Chapman?
- 4 For which Team, Matt Chapman is playing for?
- 5 Matt Chapman’s Awards and Achievements
- 6 Who is Matt Chapman Dating?
- 7 What is the Net Worth and Salary of Matt Chapman as of 2020?
- 8 How tall is Matt Chapman?
Matt Olson and Matt Chapman were prepared for new MLB extra-inning rule
At the top of the 10th inning of the A’s Opening Day game against the Angels on Friday night, before Oakland won 7-3 in walk-off grand slam fashion, something rare happened. Angels’ two-way star Shohei Ohtani was at second base after MLB’s new rule of extra-inning play was implemented for the first time. He would be the first player in the history of the game to do so, but the A’s were more than prepared. Matt Olson snagged a hard-hit grounder off the bat of Angels pinch-hitter Jared Walsh and threw the ball across the diamond to Matt Chapman, who combined with Marcus Semien to trap Ohtani in a pickle before he eventually was tagged out.
- Being the third baseman for the Oakland Athletics of Major League Baseball (MLB).
- Being an elite defender who has exceptional range, arm strength, and arm accuracy.
What is the birthplace of Matt Chapman?
Matt Chapman was born on 28th April 1993 as Matt James Chapman in Victorville, California, the USA. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is American-White. His race is White. As of 2020, he celebrated his 27th birthday. His Zodiac sign is Taurus and his religion is Christian. He was born to Jim and Lisa Chapman; his parents. He also has a younger sister, Haley. Chapman attended El Toro High School in Lake Forest, California.
For which Team, Matt Chapman is playing for?
- Beginning his career from his high school as a senior, he had a .422 batting average as of 2011 season.
- Later, he played college baseball for the Cal State Fullerton Titans.
- In his junior season, he made .312/.412/.498 with six home runs and 48 RBIs in 54 games as of 2014 season.
- He was later chosen by Oakland Athletics in 2014 MLB Draft and made his professional debut with the Rookie-level Arizona League Athletics.
- He was then promoted to the Class-A Beloit Snappers where he batted .237 with five home runs and 20 RBIs in 50 games.
- His entire 2015 season was spent with the Class A-Advanced Stockton Ports where he batted .250 with 23 home runs and 57 RBIs in 80 games.
- Later on, he was invited to major league Spring Training with the Athletics in 2016 where his season began with Midland and made .244/.335/.521 with 29 home runs and 83 RBIs in 117 games.
- Due to his great performance, he was promoted to the Triple-A Nashville Sounds in August, where he finished the season batting .197 with seven home runs and 13 RBIs in 18 games.
- Moreover, he was selected as the Texas League Player of the Year for 2016 and began his 2017 season with Nashville where he suffered a wrist injury on a check swing in the first series of the season and spent two weeks on the disabled list.
- On 15th June 2017, he was promoted to the Athletics to make his major league debut that night.
- He was batting .257 with 16 home runs and 30 RBIs in 49 games.
- He spent the remainder of the season with Oakland after his June 15 call-up, batting .234 with 14 home runs and 40 RBIs in 84 games.
- He was placed on the disabled list with a bruised right thumb and activated on July 3.
- He finished his 2018 campaign batting .278 with 24 home runs and 68 RBIs, offering solid baserunning and excellent defense as well.
- He underwent ulnar sided sesamoid bone excision surgery on the thumb on October 16 in Los Angeles.
- On 14th December 2018, he underwent left shoulder surgery.
- In the year 2019, he excelled offensively, hitting 36 home runs with 91 RBI despite hitting .246 in 156 games.
Matt Chapman’s Awards and Achievements
Matt Chapman received a Fielding Bible Award on 29th October 2018. Additionally, he received a Rawlings Gold Glove Award as well as winning the Rawlings Platinum Glove Award with his former high school teammate Nolan Arenado on 4th November. He also won the fan vote for the Platinum Glove Award. He was an All-Star for the first time in 2019.
Who is Matt Chapman Dating?
Being a famous baseball player, Matt has not revealed anything regarding his personal life regarding his affairs, relationship, dating life, girlfriend, and more. He has maintained a low profile while coming to the topic of private life. Due to this, he is assumed to be single at present. He seems to be focusing on his carer rather than spending his valuable time being in a relationship or making a partner. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth and Salary of Matt Chapman as of 2020?
Matt Chapman is a well-known baseball player and he has reached a great height in his career. As of 2020, the net worth of Matt is estimated to have between $2 Million-$6 Million whereas his net worth as of 2019 was estimated $1 Million-$5 Million. His major source of earning is from his baseball career which is his profession. Without a doubt, he is earning a handsome salary. He signed a 1 year / $623,500 contract with the Oakland Athletics, including $623,500 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $623,500. In 2020, Chapman will earn a base salary of $623,500, while carrying a total salary of $623,500. Chapman’s adjusted salary with the Oakland Athletics is $230,926. He is living a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings.
How tall is Matt Chapman?
With an athletic body build, Matt Chapman stands at a tall height of 1.83 m with a balanced body weight of 100 Kg. He has got a charming smile and glowing face attracting a lot of people towards him. Overall, he has got a healthy body with attractive personality attracting a lot of people towards him.