Facts of Matt Keough
|Full Name:||Matt Keough|
|Age:||67 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||July 03, 1955|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Matt Keough|
Matt Keough was an American professional baseball player played in Major League Baseball (MLB) as a right-handed pitcher for the Oakland Athletics (1977-1983), New York Yankees (1983-1984), St. Louis Cardinals (1985), Chicago Cubs (1986) and Houston Astros (1986) from 1977 through 1986. The Oakland Athletics selected Keough in the seventh round of the 1973 Major League Baseball draft. He was signed by Oakland as an infielder. He batted and threw right-handed. He died on May 1, 2020, at the age of 64.
Matt Keough Dies at 64
Matt Keough, a former All-Star pitcher, baseball executive, and guest star on the reality TV show Real Housewives of Orange County has died. He was 64 and no cause of death was provided. Keough appeared twice on the Bravo reality show, which featured his ex-wife Jeana Keough and their children, Kara, Shane, and Colton. Kara Keough, who is married to former NFL player Kyle Bosworth, posted on Instagram. She lost a baby son in April. The Oakland Athletics statement praised Keough’s time with the team. “Matt was a great baseball man and a proud Oakland A,” Billy Beane, the team’s executive vice president of baseball operations, said in a statement.
- Being an American professional baseball player.
- Being pitched in Nippon Professional Baseball for the Hanshin Tigers for 4 seasons from 1987 through 1990.
What is the cause of the death of Matt Keough?
Matt Keough, a former pitcher for the Oakland Athletics who appeared on “The Real Housewives of Orange County,” has died. He died on May 1, 2020, at the age of 64. Matt Keough’s cause of death is not revealed yet. “Daddy, please take care of my son,” Kara Keough wrote on Instagram late Saturday night. “Teach him the circle changeup and how to find forever friends. You’re on grandpa duty in heaven now.” “He left an unforgettable impression on everyone he touched in baseball. Our sincerest condolences are with the entire Keough family tonight,” Beane said.
What is the birthplace of Matt Keough?
On 3rd July 1955, Matt Keough was born with the birth name/real name of Matthew Lon Keough. His birthplace was in Pomona, California, the USA. He was American by nationality and his ethnicity was White. He was the son of Marty Keough and the nephew of Joe Keough, both of whom also played in the majors. He graduated from Corona del Mar High School in Newport Beach, California, in 1973. His birth sign was Cancer and his religion was Christian.
How was the career of Matt Keough?
- The Oakland Athletics selected him in the seventh round of the 1973 Major League Baseball draft as an infielder.
- He hit a disappointing .210 in Double-A in 1976.
- He was converted to a pitcher and joined Oakland a year later.
- He was also selected to the All-Star Game in his rookie season for the 1978 Athletics, recording a 3.24 ERA despite his 8-15 mark.
- In the year 1979, he tied a major league record by losing his first 14 decisions and finished with a 2-17 record.
- His winning percentage of .105 was the worst recorded by a major league pitcher with 15 or more decisions since 1916 when Philadelphia A’s teammates Jack Nabors and Tom Sheehan finished the season with winning percentages of .048 and .059.
- He made 28 consecutive starts without a victory, tying Cliff Curtis (1910-11) for the longest streak in MLB history according to the Elias Sports Bureau.
- The streak was later tied by Jo-Jo Reyes (2008-2011).
- He resurged in 1980 with a 16-13 mark, earning AL Comeback Player of the Year honors.
- He finished 10–6, helping Oakland to clinch the AL Division Series in the 1981 strike-shortened season.
- Moreover, he also pitched well in a losing effort in Game Three of the AL Championship Series, giving up one earned run in 8 1⁄3 innings in a game won by the New York Yankees 4-0.
- He slumped again in 1982, tying for the AL lead with 18 losses against 11 wins in 34 starts.
- In the 1983 mid-season, the Athletics traded Keough to the New York Yankees for Marshall Brant and Ben Callahan.
- In 1987 he joined the Hanshin Tigers of Nippon Professional Baseball and pitched for them until 1990.
- In March 1992, he tried again with the Angels and had made the major league roster, but while sitting in the dugout during an exhibition game in which he was later scheduled to pitch, he was hit in the right temple by a foul ball off the bat of San Francisco Giants’ John Patterson, seriously injuring him and ending his playing career.
- He scouted for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and was again an executive for the Oakland Athletics.
- In a nine-season career, he posted a 58-84 record with 590 strikeouts and a 4.17 ERA in 1190 innings pitched, including seven shutouts and 57 complete games.
Awards and Career Highlights of Matt Keough
- All-Star (1978)
- AL Comeback Player of the Year (1980)
Who is the Wife of Matt Keough?
Matt Keough is a married person. He was married to actress and November 1980 Playboy Playmate of the month, Jeana Tomasino in 1984 but they later separated. The two appeared on reality television on The Real Housewives of Orange County. The couple had three children: Shane, Kara, and Colton. Their oldest son, Shane is a third-generation professional baseball player, having signed as a minor league outfielder in June 2006 with the Class A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics. He was released on 2nd July 2010. Her daughter Kara married NFL player Kyle Bosworth. His son, Shane Keough, was a minor league outfielder from 2006 through 2010. Prior to his death, the family was living a happy life without any disturbances. His sexual orientation was straight.
What is the Net Worth of Matt Keough?
Matt Keough was an American professional baseball player. His net worth was estimated to have $500,000 as of 2020. Whereas there is no information about his salary. His major source of earning was from his baseball. Prior to his death, he was satisfied with his earnings. There is no exact information about his cars, house, and lifestyle. In his later years, Keough worked as an executive for the Athletics organization under renowned executive Billy Beane.
How tall was Matt Keough?
Matt Keough was a very handsome person with a charming smile gaining a lot of people towards him. His body build was an athletic. As of now, his exact height, weight and other body measurements such as chest size, biceps size and waist size, and many more.
- 1 Matt Keough Dies at 64
- 2 Famous For
- 3 What is the cause of the death of Matt Keough?
- 4 What is the birthplace of Matt Keough?
- 5 How was the career of Matt Keough?
- 6 Awards and Career Highlights of Matt Keough
- 7 Who is the Wife of Matt Keough?
- 8 What is the Net Worth of Matt Keough?
- 9 How tall was Matt Keough?