Facts of Matt LeBlanc
|Full Name:||Matt LeBlanc|
|Age:||55 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||July 25, 1967|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Matt LeBlanc|
Matthew Steven LeBlanc, popularly known as Matt LeBlanc is an American actor, comedian, and director. LeBlanc is best known for his role as Joey Tribbiani in the NBC sitcom Friends. He reprised his role in the Friends spin-off series, Joey. He received several award nominations and won a Teen Choice Award for his work on Friends. His other major work includes British-American comedy tv series named Episodes and CBS sitcom Man with a Plan. He won a Golden Globe award for his work in Episodes. He hosted the Top Gear from 2016 to 2019.
What is Matt LeBlanc Famous For?
- His role as Joey Tribbiani in NBC sitcom, Friends and its spin-off, Joey.
- His role as himself in comedy tv series, Episodes.
- Hosted Top Gear from 2016 to 2019.
Where is Matt LeBlanc Born?
Matt LeBlanc was born on 25 July 1967. His birth name is Matthew Steven LeBlanc. His birth place is in Newton, Massachusetts in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to a father, Paul LeBlanc, and a mother, Patricia Di Cillo. His mother was an office manager whereas his father was a mechanic. He has French, Canadian ancestry on his father’s side whereas he has Italian ancestry on his mother’s side. His zodiac sign is Leo. He belongs to white ethnicity. He has a half-brother Justin.
Regarding his educational background, LeBlanc attended Newton North High School. After graduation, he briefly attended the Wentworth Institute of Technology.
Matt LeBlanc Career
- He was only 17 when he moved to New York to pursue a modeling career. But he was told that he was too short to be in the industry.
- LeBlanc then deviated into acting.
- He landed his first gig in a 1987 Heinz Tomato Ketchup commercial.
- He then appeared in a short film, Doll Day Afternoon in 1987.
- He made his television debut as Chuck Bender in the drama tv series, TV 101 in 1988. He was a series regular.
- He then guest-appeared in a sitcom, Just the Ten of Us in 1989 and tv series Monsters in 1990.
- He landed the recurring role of Vinnie Verducci in sitcom Top of the Heap in 1991. He reprised his role in its spin-offs, Married… with Children and Vinnie & Bobby as well.
- He then guest-appeared in tv series, Red Shoes Diaries, and Class of ’96 between 1992 and 1993.
- LeBlanc got his breakthrough when he landed one of the main roles as Joey Tribbiani in the sitcom Friends in 1994, which later became one of the greatest sitcoms of all time.
- LeBlanc appeared on the series for 12 years, 10 seasons.
- He reprised his role as Joey Tribbiani in Friends spin-off, Joey for two seasons.
- His work on Friends earned him several nominations including Emmys and Golden Globes.
- LeBlanc along with other Friends cast are set to return for reunion via HBO Max special. The special was set to film on the Friends stage on 23 and 24 March 2020. However, the filming had been postponed indefinitely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- LeBlanc took hiatus from acting on TV from 2006 to 2011.
- LeBlanc returned to television as a fictional version of himself in British-American tv series, Episodes. He won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in tv series, musical, or comedy for his work in Episodes.
- He guest appeared on web series and tv series versions of Web Therapy in 2013.
- LeBlanc appeared on the 18th season of Top Gear in 2012, where he set the fastest lap time in the “Star in a Reasonably Priced Car” segment in a Kia Cee’d. He beat the show’s record held by Rowan Atkinson by 0.1 seconds with 1:42.1. He later appeared in its nineteenth season and beat his previous time.
- He became the host of Top Gear in 2016. He hosted Top Gear from 2016 to 2019.
- He landed the lead role as Adam Burns in the sitcom Man with a Plan in 2016. He appeared on the series until its cancellation in 2020. He was also the executive producer of the sitcom.
- He has appeared in television movies, Anything to Survive (1990), Reform School Girl (1994), The Prince (2015). He is also the producer of The Prince.
- Talking about movies, he has appeared in Lookin’ Italian (1994), Ed (1996), Lost in Space (1998), Charlie’s Angels (2000), All the Queen’s Men (2001), Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle (2003), and Lovesick (2014).
- 1996 Screen Actors Guild Award – Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series (Friends cast).
- 2000 TV Guide Award – Editor’s Choice Award (Friends cast).
- 2002 Teen Choice Award – Choice TV Actor – Comedy for Friends.
- 2005 People’s Choice Awards – Favorite Male Television Star.
- 2012 Golden Globe Award – Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy for Episodes.
- 2017 People’s Choice Award – Favorite Actor in a New TV Series for Man with a Plan.
Who is Matt LeBlanc married to?
Matt LeBlanc was previously married to Melissa McKnight. The couple got married in May 2003. They first met each other in 1997. They share a daughter who suffered seizures, a form of dysplasia at eight-months-old. Her seizures went down by the time she was 2. The couple divorced in October 2006.
He then dated actress Andrea Anders from 2006 to 2014. He is currently dating Aurora Mulligan. She is the producer of the Top Gear. The couple has been together since 2016.
He lives in Pacific Palisades, California.
How Tall is Matt LeBlanc?
Matt LeBlanc stands at a height of 1.77m i.e. 5 feet and 9 inches tall. He has a body weight of 170 lbs i.e. 77 kg. He has an average body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair has grown silver-white with age. His sexual orientation is straight. His shoe size is 10 (US).
What is Matt LeBlanc Net Worth?
Matt LeBlanc’s major income comes from his acting career. Having gotten breakthrough with Friends, LeBlanc along with other casts were paid $1 million each per episode of Friends in its 9th and 10th season. Besides Friends, he has appeared in numerous movies and tv shows. He has also appeared in several commercials. The Friends star’s net worth is estimated at $80 million at present.