Matteo Salvini is an Italian politician who served as Deputy Prime Minister of Italy and Minister of the Interior from 1 June 2018 to 5 September 2019.
Facts of Matteo Salvini
|Full Name:||Matteo Salvini|
|Age:||50 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||March 09, 1973|
|Birth Place:||Milan, Italy|
|Marital Status:||In Relation|
|Children:||Federico Salvini, Mirta Salvini|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Education:||University of Milan|
|Eye Color:||Dark Brown|
|Lucky Color:||Sea Green|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Cancer, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Matteo Salvini|
I'm sick of seeing the immigrants in the hotels and the Italians who sleep in cars. This is the racist country
'Populism' is a compliment to me. We envision a different Europe where every E.U. country should have the freedom to decide its own economic policies
I am and I will remain a populist, because those who listen to the people are doing their job, whereas the radical chic who disgust workers are no longer wanted by the people.
Matteo Salvini is an Italian politician serving as Deputy Prime Minister of Italy and Minister of the Interior since 1 June 2018. He has been considered a hardline Eurosceptic politician, holding a starkly critical view of the European Union, especially of the euro. Salvini opposes illegal immigration into Italy and the EU as well as the EU’s management of asylum seekers. He is also considered one of the main leaders of the populist wave which shook Europe during the 2010s and a member of the neo-nationalist movement, which has a rightist ideology that emphasizes de-globalization, nativist, and protectionist stances. To learn more about the politician, read below.
Where is Matteo Salvini born?
Recalling his early life, Matteo Salvini was born in Milan, the son of a business executive and a housewife. At the age of 12, he took part in the game show Doppio slalom (the Italian version of Blockbusters), hosted by Corrado Tedeschi on Canale 5, and at the age of 20, he participated in Il pranzo è servito, hosted by Davide Mengacci, which was broadcast by Rete 4.
Concerning his education, Salvini studied at the Classical Lyceum “Alessandro Manzoni” in Milan and later attended the University of Milan where he first studied political science and then moved to history; however, he interrupted his studies in order to start his political career and never graduated.
When did Matteo Salvini pursue his political career?
- From the 1990s, Salvini became a member of the Northern League, the regionalist and separatist movement founded by Umberto Bossi in 1989. He was an active member of the Young Padanians Movement, LN’s youth faction, of which he became city coordinator for Milan in 1992 and city secretary in 1997.
- In the same year, he started working as a journalist for La Padania, the official newspaper of Lega Nord. In 1999 he has also worked on Lega’s radio broadcaster Radio Padania Libera and since July 2003 he was registered as a journalist on the list of Italian professional journalists.
- In 1993 he was elected to the City Council of Milan, a post that he would hold until 2012. While in 1997 he participated in the Padanian elections and was elected within the list Comunisti Padani (Padanian Communists), which gained 5 seats out of 210. In the following year, he was elected provincial secretary of the League for Milan.
- In 1999 during an official visit of Italian President Carlo Azeglio Ciampi in Milan, Salvini refused to shake his hand, stating that Ciampi did not represent him.
- Salvini was elected with 14,000 votes a Member of the European Parliament (MEP) for the North-West region in 2004 and participated in the European Parliament as a part of the Non-Inscrits. During the legislature, he selected Franco Bossi, brother of the party’s secretary Umberto, as his parliamentary assistant.
- Salvini ran in the 2008 general election and was elected in the Chamber of Deputies for the constituency Lombardy 1. However, he resigned on 13 July 2009, after being elected once again in the European Parliament in the June election. In the Parliament, he sat in the Europe of Freedom and Democracy Group.
- After the 2014 European election, in which he was re-elected, he returned to the Non-Inscrits. In June 2015, he was part of the creation of a new group, the Europe of Nations and Freedom, which also included parties such as the French National Front and the Dutch Party for Freedom; he was also the vice-president of the Italian delegation.
- On 21 December 2017, Salvini presented the new electoral logo of the Northern League for the 2018 general election; for the first time since its foundation, the party ran in all the constituencies of the country, using a logo without the word “Northern”.
- Leading up to the 2019 European Parliament election, Salvini worked to create a pan-European alliance of nationalist political parties, and he continued these efforts after the election. He founded the European Alliance of Peoples and Nations on 8 April 2019. In the European elections in Italy, the League won a plurality of votes for the first time in a nationwide election, gaining more than 34% of votes, something which strengthened Salvini’s position in Italy.
Is Matteo Salvini married or not?
Reflecting on his personal life, Matteo was in multiple relationships in his life. In 2001, Matteo Salvini married Fabrizia Ieluzzi, a journalist who worked for a private radio station, by whom he had one child Federico in 2003. After his divorce, he had a daughter, Mirta, with his domestic partner Giulia Martinelli in 2012.
He later became engaged to Elisa Isoardi, a popular TV host. After a relationship of nearly three years, Isoardi announced their split in November 2018 via an Instagram post. As of March 2019, Salvini is engaged to Francesca Verdini, daughter of the politician Denis Verdini. Salvini is an avid supporter of A.C. Milan.
What is Matteo Salvini’s net worth?
As a politician, Matteo assumed the sum of good money from his career which makes his lifestyle lavish and happy. However, his net worth and salary were yet to reveal in the media. in the case of revealed, we will let you know.
How tall is Matteo Salvini?
Moving to his body statistics, there is no information available regarding his body statistics on the internet. He has black hair and dark brown eyes.