Best known for her barbecue cooking skills and is a seven-time world barbeque champion.
Facts of Melissa Cookston
|Full Name:||Melissa Cookston|
|Age:||53 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||October 29, 1968|
|Birth Place:||Greenville, Mississippi|
|Net Worth:||$20 million|
|When did Melissa Cookston get married ? (married date):||September, 1997|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Height / How tall :||5 feet 7 inches (1.70m)|
|Eye Color:||Dark Brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Melissa Cookston|
Who is Melissa Cookston?
Melissa Cookston is a chef, businesswoman, entrepreneur, and author from the United States. Melissa Cookston is a seven-time world barbecue champion, the chef/owner of two restaurants, the author of two cookbooks, and the chef/owner of two restaurants. Cookston is also the only female barbecue world champion, having won the Memphis in May World Barbecue Championship twice.
How old is Melissa Cookston? Birth, Zodiac, Lucky Stone, Lucky Color
As of 2022, Melissa Cookston is 54 years old. Cookston was born on October 29, 1968, in Greenville, Mississippi. The zodiac sign of Melissa Cookston is a Scorpio by birth. Her lucky color is Purple, and her lucky stone is Garnet.
Body Measurements: Height, Weight, Hair color
Melissa Cookston stands 5 feet 7 inches tall. She is 66 kg in weight. Her eyes are blonde, and her hair is black.
Melissa Cookston: Nationality, Ethnicity, Parents, Siblings
Melissa was born in Greenville, Mississippi. She is of mixed (Scottish and English) ancestry and American nationality. She hasn’t divulged anything about her family or childhood. Melissa’s ss hometown, on the other hand, is in Mississippi, USA, in a small town called Ruleville. Her parents, on the other hand, raised her in the Mississippi town of Greenville.
Even though Melissa never publicly named her father, it is assumed that Tommy E. Nichols Sr., who is in Melissa’s Facebook ‘Family and Relationships’ area. Melissa has a cousin named Pam Vaughn.
Education Details: University, School, Graduation
She received her education at North Pontiac High School. Melissa’s first recollection of barbecue is going down to her grandfather’s coffee shop and smelling the barbecue coming from the nearby barbecue station.
Relationship Status: Melissa Cookston is Married?
Melissa Cookston is currently married. Pete Cookston is her husband’s name, and he is also her business partner. They co-own and operate their well-known restaurant enterprises. While it is uncertain how Melissa Cookston and her husband, Pete Cookston, originally met or when they began dating, Pete was the one who introduced her to barbeque for the first time. They even went to a BBQ competition together while dating. After dating for several years, the pair married in September 1997. Melissa and Pete celebrated their 13th wedding anniversary with a dinner party at Mesquite Chop House.
To be sure, Melissa is where she is now because of the love and support she received from her great husband, Pete. She and her husband founded the first Memphis Barbecue Company in 2010. With the support of her husband, she launched a second restaurant in Fayetteville, North Carolina, and a third in Atlanta. Melissa is currently on the lookout for a new location for a potential fourth restaurant. Melissa and Pete, both of Nesbit, Mississippi, have a daughter. Her given name is Lauren Cookston. Lauren graduated with honors from the University of Mississippi-Ole Miss in 2010 with a bachelor’s degree in international studies. Her family and she currently reside in Hernando, Mississippi.
Professional Career and Achievements
- Melissa’s passion for barbecue began when he visited her grandfather’s coffee business in Pontotoc, which was next to a barbecue restaurant. She used to get a whiff of barbeque when sitting in her grandfather’s coffee shop, and if she was lucky, she may even get a sandwich.
- For several years, she worked in food preparation and met her husband Pete along the way. Melissa, on the other hand, grew interested in the barbecue industry after meeting her husband, Pete Cookston.
- She began cooking barbeque in 1996 and began competing in competitions, where she won numerous times. Then, in 2007, she and her husband quit their jobs and began traveling around the country to compete in barbeque competitions.
- Memphis BBQ Company, their first restaurant, opened in 2011 with locations in Mississippi, Georgia, and North Carolina. Melissa acts as a role model for any woman who desires to work in this business at a time when practically all pitmasters are men.
- Melissa appeared on Netflix’s American Barbecue Showdown after serving as a judge on the fourth season of Destination America’s BBQ Pitmasters. Fox News even named her one of America’s most prominent BBQ pitmasters.
- Since 2012, she has been on TV shows such as BBQ Pitmasters, Chopped, CBS This Morning, and The Kitchen.
- STEAK by Melissa, her second restaurant, launched in October 2016 in Southaven, Mississippi. It is scheduled to be decommissioned in 2020. Green Tomato
- Catering, a catering/plate lunch restaurant in Horn Lake, Mississippi, first opened its doors in 2019.
- She is still the pitmaster for the Delta Q BBQ crew in Yazoo. In 2017, Cookston reported that she has begun producing her hybrid pigs.
- She has been in a variety of TV shows since 2012, including BBQ Pitmasters, Chopped, CBS This Morning, The Kitchen, and The American Barbecue Showdown. The well-known chef has a page on Wikipedia.
- It provides a summary of her personal life as well as work milestones. Melissa, in addition to her reality television career and restaurant business, is an author.
- She has authored two books, “Smokin’ in the Boy’s Room” and “Smokin’ Hot in the South,” as of September 2020, in which she described her barbecue memories and experiences, as well as some recipes.
- She is also the only female barbecue world champion, having won the title twice at the Memphis in May World Barbecue Championship.
How much does Melissa Cookston earn? Net worth
It is not unexpected that she earns a lot of money given her remarkable accomplishment. She is a world-renowned chef who owns two restaurants. Melissa Cookston’s net worth is expected to exceed $20 million by 2022, according to online sources. A two-time champion of the Memphis May World Barbecue Championship sold well in 2014. Her restaurants grossed between $10 and $15 million in sales.
Social Media Profile
Melissa Cookston is a well-known Instagram celebrity from the United States. Cookston has 124284+ Instagram followers. Melissa Cookston has cooperated with several commercial brands due to her great popularity on social media sites.
- 1 Who is Melissa Cookston?
- 2 How old is Melissa Cookston? Birth, Zodiac, Lucky Stone, Lucky Color
- 3 Body Measurements: Height, Weight, Hair color
- 4 Melissa Cookston: Nationality, Ethnicity, Parents, Siblings
- 5 Education Details: University, School, Graduation
- 6 Relationship Status: Melissa Cookston is Married?
- 7 Professional Career and Achievements
- 8 How much does Melissa Cookston earn? Net worth
- 9 Social Media Profile