Melvin Gordon III is an American football running back for the Denver Broncos of the National Football League.
Facts of Melvin Gordon
|Full Name:||Melvin Gordon|
|Age:||30 years 5 months|
|Birth Date:||April 13, 1993|
|Birth Place:||Kenosha, Wisconsin|
|Marital Status:||In Relation|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Education:||Mary D. Bradford High School|
|Height / How tall :||6.1 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Melvin Gordon|
You know Melvin Gordon is currently one of the finest running back players in the National Football League, right? Well, you would be surprised to learn he is even better than the player you believe he is if you keep up with his career stats and attainments.
Even as it would be tasking and quite unnecessary to list out all his records, a handful of the accolades he bagged include the Chicago Tribune Silver Football Award, the Doak Walker Award, and the Jim Brown Trophy, all in 2014. From his biography to other facts about his life and career, here are the things one ought to know about the Bolts superstar.
Melvin Gordon Hopes to Return to Chargers Despite Contract Dispute
Chargers running back Melvin Gordon said on Saturday he wishes to remain in Los Angeles despite his recent contract dispute with the organization.
Gordon will reportedly demand a trade and not report to Chargers training camp without a new contract.
“I want to end up with the Chargers. I mean, that’s my home,” Gordon said on Saturday. “That’s the team who blessed me with an opportunity. … But it’s an opportunity right now where I know I need to take advantage of it. You know, I want to get paid.”
The 26-year-old running back is slated to earn $5.6 million in 2019, the final year of his rookie deal. He rushed for 885 yards in 2019 and averaged a career-high 5.1 yards per carrying.
Gordon has tallied 3,628 rushing yards and 38 touchdowns in four seasons with the Chargers.
Los Angeles finished second in the AFC West at 12–4 in 2018 before losing to the Patriots in the AFC divisional round.
Who are the parents of Melvin Gordon?
Back to his early life, Melvin was born in Kenosha, Wisconsin as Melvin Gordon III to the parents Melvin Gordon Sr. better known as Big Bo, a drug dealer, and Camren Gordon, a nurse. His birthplace where he apparently picked up the enormous desire to become a football player.
Regarding his education, He attended Mary D. Bradford High School in Kenosha, Wisconsin, where he not only displayed his football skills but also in track and field. Further, he is American by nationality and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity.
When did Melvin Gordon pursue his football career?
- Gordon began his football career at Mary D. Broadford High School under the coached Kennedy. He was also competitive in the long jump and the 100-meter dash as a track and field athlete. Gordon earned All-state and All-region WFCA honors in football his junior year. he had 2,009 rushing yards with 38 touchdowns as a senior. He was an A.P. first-team all-state selection, and the WFCA’s Offensive Player of the Year.
- He played 4 seasons of college football for the Wisconsin Badgers from 2011 to 2014. He wore the #25 jersey because it symbolizes his mother’s age at the time of his birth. in 2014, Gordon rushed for an FBS-record of 2,587 yards, second only to Barry Sanders’ 1988 record of 2,628 yards. He earned a number of honors in 2014 including Big Ten Running back of the Year and 1st Team All-Big Ten. he won the 2014 Jim Brown Trophy and the Doak Walker Award. he finished in second place for the 2014 Heisman Trophy.
- After that, He was selected by the San Diego Chargers with the 15th overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft. He signs a 4-year contract in May 2015 and played his game debut against the Detroit Lions in September 2015. He played 14 games in the rookie season. He finished with 8333 total yards, 184 carries, and 33 receptions.
- On May 2, 2018, the Chargers picked up the fifth-year option on Gordon’s contract. In the 2018 season opener against the Kansas City Chiefs, Gordon recorded 64 rushing yards to go along with nine receptions for 102 receiving yards.
- In February 2019, Gordon changed his jersey number from 28 to 25. He wore 25 throughout his collegiate career with the Wisconsin Badgers.
Is Melvin Gordon married or not?
There is no information available on the internet regarding his present and past affairs and relationships. It shows that he is a quite secretive person and he doesn’t like to share his personal life in media.
How much net worth Melvin Gordon owns?
Melvin Gordon earns his income from his businesses and from other related organizations. He also earns his income from his work as a football running back. He has an estimated net worth of $ 10 million dollars. He signed a 4-year $10.66 million contract with the San Diego Chargers in May 2015. The contract is fully guaranteed and includes a $6 million signing bonus
How tall is Gordon Melvin?
Observing his body statistics, Melvin Gordon has an athletic body with a height of 6 feet 1 inch and weighs around 102 Kg. His other body information is yet to be revealed. In the case of revealed, we will let you know.