Michael Rubens Bloomberg is an American businessman, politician, philanthropist, and author. He is the majority owner and co-founder of Bloomberg L.P.
Facts of Michael Bloomberg
|Full Name:||Michael Bloomberg|
|Age:||81 years 9 months|
|Birth Date:||February 14, 1942|
|Birth Place:||Brighton, Massachusetts, United States|
|Net Worth:||US$ 54.9 billion|
|Marital Status:||In Relation|
|Children:||Georgina Bloomberg, Emma Bloomberg|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||William Henry Bloomberg|
|Mother's Name:||Charlotte Bloomberg|
|Education:||Harvard Business School|
|Height / How tall :||5ft. 8inch.(1.73m)|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Michael Bloomberg|
Being an entrepreneur isn't really about starting a business. It's a way of looking at the world: seeing opportunity where others see obstacles, taking risks when others take refuge.
If you don't encounter setbacks in your career, if you don't have doubts and disappointments , let me tell you, you're not dreaming big enough.
Don't be afraid to assert yourself, have confidence in your abilities and don't let the bastards get you down.
Michael Bloomberg is an American businessman, politician, author, and philanthropist who is ranked to be the 9th richest person in the United States and the 14th richest person in the world as of 2019. Bloomberg is the co-founder, CEO, and owner of billion worth company, “Bloomberg L.P.”. Bloomberg also served as the 108th Mayor of New York City for three consecutive years in 2001. On November 7th, 2019, Bloomberg announced it to run in the 2020 presidential race but not in 2019.
Bio, Age, Parents, Nationality
Michael Bloomberg was born on February 14, 1942, in Brighton, Massachusetts, United States. His birth name is Michael Rubens Bloomberg. Bloomberg belongs to the White ethnicity while Aquarius is his zodiac sign.
Michael was born to a Jewish family to William Henry Bloomberg(father) and Charlotte Bloomberg(mother). His father was the son of Alexander Bloomberg who was an immigrant from Russia while his mother was the daughter of Max Rubens who was an immigrant from Belarus. William worked as an accountant for a dairy company while Charlotte was a housewife. Bloomberg family lived in Allston but when Michael was 2, they moved to Brookline after which they settled in Moston, Medford, Massachusetts.
Michael was raised along with his younger sister, Marjorie Tiven. Tiven is currently the Commissioner of the New York City Commission for the United Nations, Consular Corps, and Protocol, holding the post since February 2002.
Bloomberg attended Hebrew school and then Johns Hopkins University, where he joined the fraternity Phi Kappa Psi. As a sophomore, he constructed the school mascot’s (the blue jay’s) costume. In 1964, he graduated from the university with a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering. Two years later, in 1966, he graduated from Harvard Business School with a Master of Business Administration.
Besides, he is an Eagle Scout and is a prominent member of the Emanu-El Temple in Manhattan.
Quick Facts About Michael Bloomberg
|Famous Name||Michael Bloomberg|
|Full Name / Real Name||Michael Rubens Bloomberg|
|Profession||Businessman, politician, philanthropist, and author. Also, he is a majority owner, co-founder, and CEO of Bloomberg L.P|
|Date of Birth||14 February 1942 (Saturday)|
|Age||81 years 1 Month(s) 21 day(s)|
|Birthplace||Boston, Massachusetts, U.S|
Michael Bloomberg – Career, Net worth – 2023
The 77 years old, Michael Bloomberg is a billionaire man who has had great earnings throughout his professional career as a businessman and politician. Bloomberg has managed to amass a great fortune of the amount of billion dollars through his company, “Bloomberg L.P.”. The profit of the company is worth billions of dollars each year thus raising his income more and more.
Bloomberg has an estimated net worth of $57.1 billion. Being a philanthropist, Bloomberg takes only $1 as his salary. Currently, he is ranked as the 9th-richest person in the US and the 14th-richest person in the world.
Previously, he owned $10 million worth of equity as a partner at Salomon Brothers. Bloomberg’s wealth increased in a rapid manner letting him one of the richest people in the world over the years. Bloomberg had a net worth of $16 billion in 2009, $22 billion in 2012, $31 billion in 2013, and $43.3 billion in 2015 which ranked him to be the 6th richest person in the US. As of 2019, his net worth has increased by $13.8 billion which is estimated to be $57.1 billion.
By the year 2014, Bloomberg already owned 14 properties in various countries around the world which include a mansion built in the Georgian style and historical property in London. With all the fortune in multi-billion dollars, he has managed to live a lavish lifestyle.
- Michael Bloomberg started his career first in business as he became a general partner at Salomon Brothers Investment Bank in 1973.
- He then set up a company named Innovative Market Systems. In 1982, the company got a customer named Merrill Lynch who invested $30 million in the company.
- By 1987, the company was renamed “Bloomberg L.P.” and over years, Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Message, and Bloomberg Tradebook were launched.
- He eventually left the company to pursue his career in politics.
- On January 1, 2002, he was named the 108th Mayor of New York City. He ran for the post for three consecutive years first in 2002, then in 2005 and 2009.
- He supported the construction of the 7 Subway Extension and the Second Avenue Subway during his tenure. He also supported abortion rights, same-sex marriage, and citizenship for illegal immigrants.
- In February 2003, Michael Bloomberg received the Award for Distinguished Leadership in Global Capital Markets from the Yale School of Management
- In April 2006, Bloomberg collaborated with Thomas Menino, Mayor of Boston, to form Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a coalition that advocates for gun control.
- Bloomberg did not endorse a candidate for the 2008 U.S. Presidential Election.
- In January 2014, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon announced that Bloomberg was appointed as his Special Envoy for Cities and Climate Change.
- At the end of 2014, Bloomberg resumed the position of CEO in the company, “Bloomberg L.P.”.
- On October 6, 2014, Queen Elizabeth II awarded Bloomberg as the Honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire.
- Bloomberg ran in the presidential race of the 2016 Presidential Campaign.
- In June 2018, Bloomberg made plans to give $80 million to support Democratic congressional candidates in the 2018 election.
- In May 2019, Bloomberg was awarded an honorary doctorate of law degree from Washington University in St. Louis.
- On November 7, 2019, it was announced that Bloomberg will be running in the 2020 United States presidential election.
Body Measurements – Height, Weight
Michael Bloomberg has a well-maintained fit body physique. Being 77 years old, Bloomberg hasn’t let his age overcome his power and mental stability. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 8inch.(1.73m) while his body weighs around 64kg(142 lbs). He has a fair complexion with white hair and brown eyes.
Relationship Status of Michael Bloomberg
Michael Bloomberg was previously married to Susan Elizabeth Barbara Brown, a British national from Yorkshire, United Kingdom. Brown and Bloomberg got married in 1975. They together have two daughters: Emma (born. 1979) and Georgina (born 1983). Emma and Georgina were featured in a documentary film, “Born Rich”.
After living for almost 18 years together, the couple soon divorced in 1993. Michael Bloomberg and his daughters own houses in Bermuda and they stay there frequently. Currently, he is in a relationship with Diana Taylor. Taylor is a former New York state banking superintendent.
FAQs of ABC
How did Bloomberg make his money?
- The company sold customized computer terminals that delivered real-time market data, financial calculations, and other analytics to Wall Street firms. The terminal first called the Market Master terminal, was released to the market in December 1982. In 1986, the company renamed itself Bloomberg L.P.
Who is Bloomberg owned by?
- Bloomberg L.P. has remained a private company since its founding; the majority of which is owned by billionaire Michael Bloomberg.
Is Bloomberg a good company?
- Participants in a recent survey ranked Bloomberg as the leading company in giving its employees the most opportunity for personal and professional growth. This likely explains why the company was also ranked #2 on the same survey’s list of companies with the happiest employees.