Facts of Mick Jagger
|Full Name:||Mick Jagger|
|Age:||78 years 4 months|
|Birth Date:||July 26, 1943|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Mick Jagger|
Mick Jagger is a British singer, songwriter, actor, and film producer. He is one of the most famous people of his era. He is best known as a founding member and lead singer of the popular band “The Rolling Stones“. He is considered one of the most influential artists in the history of rock and roll. The Rolling Stones were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1989.
On July 26, Mick Jagger has celebrated his 77th birthday. He received birthday greetings from his bandmates in The Rolling Stones including Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood. Jagger has been overwhelmed with touching birthday tributes on social media.
What is Mick Jagger famous for?
- Being a founding member and lead singer of the popular band “The Rolling Stones”.
- The most influential artists in the history of rock and roll.
Where is Mick Jagger from?
Mick Jagger was born on 26 July 1943, in Dartford, Kent, England as Michael Phillip Jagger. He was born to father, Basil Fanshawe Jagger (1913-2006), who was a teacher and mother, Eva Ensley Mary (1913-2002), who was a hairdresser and a member of the Conservative Party. He has a younger brother named Chris Jagger, who is also a musician. David Ernest Jagger was his grandfather, who is also a teacher. Mick holds British nationality and belongs to white ethnicity. His zodiac sign is Leo. He attended Wentworth Primary School, where he was a classmate of Keith Richards. He also attended Dartford Grammar School. Later on, he enrolled in the London School of Economics for becoming a journalist or a politician.
Mick Jagger’s career Highlights
- Mick Jagger started singing when he was a child and used to sing as the church choir. Later, he was interested in R&B music and he got his first guitar at the age of 14.
- Soon, Mick Jagger and Dick Taylor (his friend) started a band together called Little Boy Blue and the Blue Boys.
- In 1962, the band “The Rolling Stones” formed with the band members including Mick Jagger as the lead vocalist, Keith Richards on guitar, Brian Jones on the guitar, and keyboard, Ian Stewart on piano, Dick Taylor on bass and Tony Chapman on drums.
- In 1963, Charlie Watts had joined the band as its drummer and Dick Taylor replaced by Bill Wyman.
- At first, the band recorded many cover versions of other’s songs. ‘The Rolling Stones’ released their first self-titled record in 1964. Their second album LP, 12 X 5was released the same year.
- The group released several successful albums including “Out of Our Heads” (1965), “Aftermath” (1966), “Between the Buttons” (1967), “Let It Bleed” (1969), “Sticky Fingers” (1971).
- In 1970, he played the title character of a legendary outlaw in the film ‘Ned Kelly’ and a reclusive rock star in the film ‘Performance’.
- In 1985, he focused much of his energy on a solo career and launched his debut solo album, ‘She’s the Boss. But it wasn’t as successful as his earlier albums with The Rolling Stones.
- In 1987, he released his second solo album, “Primitive Cool” but it’s also failed to attract music buyers.
- In 1989, Jagger and Richards decided to work together again, and “The Rolling Stones” came back with the album ‘Steel Wheels’ which reached the No. 3 spot on the U.S. album charts.
- In 1993, he released his third solo album, “Wandering Spirit”, which became a commercial success reaching No.12 in the UK and No.11 in the US.
- In 2001, he released his fourth and final solo album, “Goddess in the Doorway”, including the hit single “Visions of Paradise”.
- In 2007, The Rolling Stones grossed $437 million on their A Bigger Bang Tour, which earned them a spot in the 2007 edition of Guinness World Records for the most lucrative music tour.
- In 2009, He joined U2 and performed “Gimme Shelter” along with Fergie and will.i.am and “Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of” with U2 at the 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concert.
- In 2011, he formed a new supergroup named “SuperHeavy” with members Dave Stewart, Joss Stone, Damian Marley, and A.R. Rahman.
- In 2012, he performed at the White House concert series for President Barack Obama along with B.B. King, Buddy Guy, and Jeff Beck.
- On 12 December 2012, he performed in 12-12-12: The Concert for Sandy Relief with the Rolling Stones. Also, the band played at the ‘Glastonbury Festival’ in 2013.
- In 2013, he teamed up with his brother Chris Jagger for two new duets on his album “Concertina Jack”, which was released to mark the 40th anniversary of his debut album.
- In 2014, he co-produced the James Brown biopic, “Get On Up” alongside Martin Scorsese, Rich Cohen, and Terence Winter.
- In July 2017, he released the double A-sided single “Gotta Get a Grip” / “England Lost”.
- In 2019, he portrayed an English art dealer-collector and patron in Giuseppe Capotondi’s thriller “The Burnt Orange Heresy”.
Mick Jagger’s Awards & Achievements
- In 1989, the Rolling Stones were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
- In 2002, he honored with a knighthood for his services to music.
- In 2005, he won a ‘Golden Globe Award’ for Best Original Song for “Old Habits Die Hard”. He has also won six other awards for the song “Old Habits DieHard”.
- In 2013, he was nominated for Primetime Emmy Awards under the category of Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Special for “Crossfire Hurricane”.
- In 2013, he won FOCAL International Awards under the category of Best Use of Footage in a Production Featuring Music for “Crossfire Hurricane”.
- He has also achieved two Grammy nominations in 1984 and 2016.
Mick Jagger’s Marital life and Relationships
Mike Jagger has married once but had several other relationships.
From 1966 to 1970, he had a relationship with the English singer, songwriter, and actress, Marianne Faithfull. He was also connected with Marsha Hunt from 1969 to 1970. He has a daughter named Karis Hunt Jagger, born November 4, 1970, with Marsha.
After some time, he started dating a Nicaraguan model and socialite Bianca Pérez-Mora Macias. The couple was married on May 12, 1971, and welcomed daughter Jade Sheena Jezebel on October 21, 1971. They separated in 1977, and they were divorced in 1978.
Despite, he is still married to Bianca, he began dating an American model, Jerry Hall. On 21 November 1990, the two tied the knot in an unofficial ceremony in Bali. The couple had four children together: James Leroy Augustin (born August 28, 1985), Gabriel Luke Beauregard (born December 13, 1997), Elizabeth Scarlett (born March 2, 1984), and Georgia May Ayeesha (born January 12, 1992). Their marriage ended in 1999 after Hall discovered that he had an affair with model Luciana Gimenez Morad and he became the father of Morad’s son, Lucas Maurice Morad. He was also romantically linked to fashion designer L’Wren Scott from 2001 to 2014.
In 2014, Mike Jagger has been in a relationship with American ballet dancer Melanie Hamrick. On December 8, his 29-year-old ballerina girlfriend Melanie Hamrick welcomed his eighth child, a son, Deveraux Octavian Basil Jagger.
Mick Jagger’s Body Measurement
Mick Jagger is a handsome man with a slim body build. He stands a height of 1.78 m (5 feet and 10 inches) and his body weight is 73 Kg (161 lbs.). His body measurements are 38-33-13 inches, included his chest 38 inches, waist 33 inches, and biceps 13 inches. He wears a shoe of size 12 (US) or 11.5 (UK). His eye color is blue and his hair color is Dark Brown. His sexual orientation is bisexual.
Mick Jagger’s Net Worth
Mick Jagger is a successful singer, songwriter, actor, and producer. He has been in the industry for about five decades now. As of 2020, his net worth is estimated at $400 million. His average salary is still under review. His net worth has achieved through music and films.