Facts of Mickey Rourke
|Full Name:||Mickey Rourke|
|Age:||71 years 2 months|
|Birth Date:||September 16, 1952|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Mickey Rourke|
Місkеу Rоurkе іѕ а рорulаr Аmеrісаn асtоr whо іѕ а wеll-knоwn реrѕоnаlіtу іn thе Аmеrісаn еntеrtаіnmеnt fіеld. Besides, he іѕ аn ехсеllеnt bохеr аnd ѕсrееnwrіtеr аѕ wеll. He became famous after starring in Hollywood films. He came into prominence as a leading man in drama, Action and Thriller movies. Rourke started his professional career in acting, then shifted to boxing, and returned to acting once again.
On July 18, 2020, Mickey Rourke has restarted his one-sided public feud with Robert De Niro with a threatening Instagram. He writes:
“Hey Robert De Niro, that’s right I am talking to you, you big fucking crybaby. A friend of mine just recently told me that a few months back you’re quoted as saying to newspapers “Mickey Rourke’s a liar he talks all kind of shit”. Listen Mr.Tough Guy in the movies, you’re the 1st person that ever called me a liar and it was in a newspaper. Let me tell you something, you punk ass, when I see you I swear to God on my Grandmother, on my brother and all my dogs, I gonna embarrass you severely 100%. Mickey Rourke “ as God is my witness”.”
He has more than 165k followers on Instagram @ mickey_rourke_. Furthermore, he is not active on Twitter and Facebook.
What is Mickey Rourke Famous for?
- Being an American actor and former boxer.
Where is Mickey Rourke from?
Mickey Rourke was born on September 16, 1952, in Schenectady, New York, to father, Philip Andre Rourke Sr. and mother, Annette Addis. His birth name is Philip Andre Rourke Jr. He has a younger brother, Joey, and a younger sister, Patricia. His parents divorced when he was six years old. After divorce, his mother married a retired policeman Eugene Addis who had five sons and shifted to South Florida with her children.
Rourke holds an American nationality and belongs to Mixed (Irish, German, French-Canadian, English) ethnicity. His religion is Christianity. His zodiac sign is Virgo.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Miami Beach Senior High School and graduated from there in 1971. He also attended the acting class in South Florida by the famous teacher Jay Jensen.
Mickey Rourke’s Career Highlights
- During his teenage, Rourke mainly focused on sports. He took self-defense training and learned boxing skills at the Boys Club of Miami and decided on an amateur career.
- At age of 12, he won his first boxing match under the ring name of Phil Rourke and this early win led him to a successful amateur boxing career. But he couldn’t continue his boxing career due to concussion in a boxing match and temporarily retired from the ring.
- From 1964 to 1973, Rourke’s amateur boxing record was 27 wins (including 12 straight knockouts) and 3 defeats.
- In 1971, Rourke started his acting career with television films, his debut film was Steven Spielberg’s ‘1941’, in which he was featured in a small role.
- Later, He played Ritchie in the 1980 slasher film ‘Fade to Black’.
- In 1981, he starred as Teddy Lewis in film ‘Body Heat’, where he played an arsonist, he started getting noticed for his rugged looks and acting.
- In 1982, he appeared in Barry Levinson’s ‘Diner’ as the gambler ‘Robert ‘Boogie’ Sheftell’. He was named the best supporting actor of the year by the National Society of Film Critics and Boston Society of Film Critics.
- He also appeared in Rumble Fish (1983), The Pope of Greenwich Village (1984), Year of the Dragon (1985), 9½ Weeks (1986), Angel Heart (1987).
- He wrote scripts for the films ‘Homeboy’ (1988) and ‘The Last Ride’ (1994), and co-wrote the screenplay for the film ‘Bullet’ (1996). He had also written scripts for ‘Killer Moon’, ‘Penance’, and ‘pain’.
- In 1991, after being frustrated by doing only supporting and small roles in films, Rourke decided to leave acting and go back to his boxing career. But in a short period in boxing, he suffered several minor and major injuries. As a result, he retired from boxing in 1994 and returned to acting.
- Thereafter, he started to appear in movies like; White Sands, Fall Time, Love in Paris: Another 9½ Weeks, Shades, etc.
- In 2002, he appeared in Jonas Åkerlund’s ‘Spun’ as the Cook. In 2005 came his breakthrough role in Robert Rodriguez’s film ‘Sin City’, where he played the lead role and earned several awards for his performance.
- In 2008, He played another successful role in the film ‘The Wrestler’. The film was named the best film at the Venice Film Festival and won the Golden Lion Award. Rourke also won numerous awards for Best Actor.
- In 2010, he was cast as the main villain in the film ‘Iron Man 2’, and Rourke won Scream Awards for Best Villain.
- In 2011, he played the villain again in ‘Immortals’ and was critically applauded for his performance. In the same year, he was cast in the film ‘Java Heat’, which was released in 2013.
- In November 2014, Rourke returned to the professional ring. The boxer knocked out of the American Elliot Seymour. The battle took place in Moscow.
- Currently, Rourke appeared in the film The Legion (2019) as Gary and The Legion (2020) as Corbulo.
- Besides, he also starred in Television films like; City in Fear (1980), The Last Outlaw (1983), Dice (2017).
Mickey Rourke’s Awards and Achievements
- Mickey named the best supporting actor of the year by the National Society of Film Critics and Boston Society of Film Critics for the film ‘Diner’ in 1983.
- In 2006, he won Saturn Award, Irish Film and Television Award, and Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actor for the film Sin City.
- In 2008, he named Best actor by San Diego Film Critics Society, Toronto Film Critics Association, Chicago Film Critics Association, Florida Film Critics Circle, Detroit Film Critics Society for the film The Wrestler.
- In 2009, he won Golden Globe Award, Independent Spirit Award, BAFTA Award for Best Actor for the film ‘The Wrestler’.
- Also, he was nominated for more than 10 Awards.
Mickey Rourke’s Wife
Mickey Rourke is a divorced man. He was in a relationship with Russian model Anastassija Makarenko from 2009 until 2015.
Previously, he married actress Debra Feuer in 1981, and the couple divorced in 1989. On June 26, 1992, he married actress, Carré Otis. Rourke was arrested in 1994 for “spousal abuse”. Later, they divorced in December 1998. He has been married twice but has no children.
Mickey Rourke also has dated celebrities like Terry Farrell and Sasha Volkova.
Mickey Rourke’s Height
Mickey Rourke is a good looking man in his late-60s. He has a height of 1.8 m (5 feet and 11 inches) while he has a bodyweight of around 77kg. His hair color is blonde and his eye color is light brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
Mickey Rourke’s Net Worth
Mickey Rourke has quite great earnings from his professional career as an actor, screenwriter, and boxer. He has managed to amass a million worth fortune from his several works during the early 1970s, 80s, and 90s.
As of 2020, his net worth was estimated to be around $18 million. His yearly income is estimated at around $1,764,706.