Facts of Mike DeWine
|Full Name:||Mike DeWine|
|Age:||76 years 0 months|
|Birth Date:||January 05, 1947|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Mike DeWine|
Mike DeWine is an attorney and politician from the United States. He is a Republican Party supporter. Since January 14, 2019, he has served as the 70th governor of Ohio. DeWine is a former senator from Ohio. From 2011 to 2019, he was the Attorney General of Ohio.
When Ohio governor Mike DeWine took an antigen test before meeting President Donald Trump at the Cleveland airport on August 6, 2020, he tested positive for COVID-19. DeWine, on the other hand, tested negative in a PCR test after receiving a second test.
What is Mike DeWine’s claim to fame?
Serving as Ohio’s 70th governor.
Where was Mike DeWine born?
Mike DeWine was born on January 5, 1947, in Yellow Springs, Ohio, in the United States. Richard Michael DeWine is his given name. Richard Lee DeWine and Jean Ruth DeWine were his parents when he was born.
Mike had a child, but he died not long after he was born. He is of white ethnicity and has American nationality. He is of Irish descent and is a devout Catholic. Gemini is his zodiac sign.
In terms of his studies, he graduated from Miami University with a bachelor’s degree in education in 1969. After that, he pursued his Juris Doctor at Ohio Northern University.
Mike DeWine is the governor of Ohio
- At the age of 25, Mike DeWine began his career as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in Greene County, Ohio.
- He was elected County Prosecutor in 1976 and served four years.
- He was elected to the Ohio State Senate for a single term in 1980.
- He ran for Congressman Bud Brown’s seat in the United States House of Representatives in 1981. Before resigning in 1990 to campaign as George Voinovich’s running mate in the Ohio gubernatorial election, he was re-elected three times to serve the 7th Congressional District from this district. The Voinovich-DeWine ticket was elected, and DeWine served as lieutenant governor for one term before running for a seat in the United States Senate.
- Mike ran for the United States Senate in 1992, but lost to incumbent Senator John Glenn, a former astronaut.
- Mike DeWine ran for the United States Senate again two years later in 1994, beating attorney Joel Hyatt by 14 points. He served until 2006, when he was defeated by Democrat Sherrod Brown in the midterm elections, earning 905,644 fewer votes in 2006 than in 2000.
- He became a corporate investigations department co-chair at the law firm Keating Muething & Klekamp in 2007.
- DeWine was first elected as Ohio’s attorney general on November 2, 2010, beating incumbent Richard Cordray, and took office in January 2011. He was Ohio’s attorney general until 2019, when he was elected governor.
- He was elected governor of Ohio on November 6, 2018, and took the oath of office on January 14, 2019.
- Governor Mike DeWine was named to the bipartisan Council of Governors by President Donald Trump on February 22, 2019.
Mike DeWine’s Married Life
Mike DeWine is a happily married man. On June 3, 1967, he married Frances Struewing. The couple met in the first grade and married when both were still undergraduate students at Miami University.
Pat DeWine, Alice DeWine, Mark DeWine, Rebecca “Becky” DeWine, Anna DeWine, Brian DeWine, Jill DeWine, and John DeWine are the couple’s eight children, though they lost their daughter Rebecca “Becky” DeWine in a car accident in 1993.
There are now 24 grandchildren for the couple. With his family, he lives happily in Cedarville, Ohio.
Mike DeWine’s Height and Weight
DeWine will be 73 years old in the year 2020. He stands 1.74 meters (5 feet 7 inches) tall and weighs about 70 kilograms (154bs l). He sports a size 9 shoe (UK). His eyes are dark brown, and his hair is blonde. Straight is his sexual orientation.
Mike DeWine’s Net Worth
Mike DeWine is an Ohio politician who is currently serving as the state’s 70th governor. His political career provides him with a respectable salary. He makes the bulk of his money as a wealthy politician. As of 2020, his net worth is projected to be $20 million USD.