Mike Pence could be called the second most powerful man or second in command in the US leadership since he is the 48th and current vice president of the country.
Facts of Mike Pence
|Full Name:||Mike Pence|
|Age:||63 years 9 months|
|Birth Date:||June 07, 1959|
|Birth Place:||Indiana, USA|
|Married Date:||June 08, 1985|
|Children:||Three (Audrey Pence, Michael Pence, Charlotte Pence)|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Edward J. Pence Jr|
|Mother's Name:||Nancy Pence|
|Education:||Robert H. McKinney School of Law|
|Height / How tall :||5.10 inch|
|Ethnicity:||Mixed (Irish, German, Colonial American, and English)|
|Hair Color:||Light Brown|
|Eye Color:||Hazel Brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius, Libra|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Mike Pence|
Mike Pence could be called the second most powerful man or second in command in the US leadership since he is the 48th and current vice president of the country. Prior to his current post, the politician served as the 50th Governor of Indiana and was also a member of the United States House of Representatives. While he keeps building his profile in politics, many have been questioning his sexuality for many reasons we have discussed in the article. Find out more about that and other facts about his life.
What makes Mike Pence famous?
Mike Pence is an American politician and lawyer. He is a Republican. He is the 48th and current Vice President of the United States. From 2013 to 2017, he served as the 50th Governor of Indiana. In addition to politics, Mike is a former conservative radio and television talk show host. He worked as a radio and TV host from 1994 to 1999. From 2009 to 2011, he served as the chairman of the House Republican Conference. He spent 10 years in the House of Representatives. Pence became the Vice President of the United States alongside Donald Trump in 2017.
Who are the parents of Mike Pence?
Back to his early life, The leading personality first arrived in this world in Columbus, Indiana, USA. His nationality is American. He is the son of Nancy Jane and Edward J. Pence, Jr. Highlighting on his father occupation, basically, he was a U.S. Army veteran who runs a series of gas stations. Talking about her family, they were Irish Catholic Democrats. So it is obvious that he was brought up in a political aura. It can be said his interest in politics was the result of the influence of the family.
In 1977 Mike certified from Columbus North High School. Developing up in a family with a political aura, he worshiped former President John F. Kennedy and enlisted for the Bartholomew County Democratic Party through his school days. He advanced to gain a B.A. in history from Hanover College in 1981 next in 1986 he learned law at the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, obtaining his J.D.
Mike Pence Political Career Timeline
- After graduating from Indiana University’s Robert H. McKinney School of Law in 1986, Mike began his career as an attorney in private practice. In 1988 and 1990, he ran for a congressional seat but was unsuccessful. After that, he became the president of the Indiana Policy Review Foundation in 1991. After two years, he left the Indiana Policy Review Foundation in 1993. The following year, he began hosting The Mike Pence Show, a talk radio program based in WRCR-FM in Rushville, Indiana. He also hosted a weekend political talk show from Indianapolis from 1995 to 1999.
- Mike became a member of Republican and ran for Congress against Democratic incumbent Phil Sharp in 1988, but lost. In 1990, he quit his job to become a full-time politician and ran again for Congress against the Democratic incumbent. He was once again unsuccessful. In 2000, he ran for the U.S. House of Representatives and won the seat in Indiana’s 2nd congressional district. He was re-elected in the 2006, 2008, and 2010 House elections defeating Democrat Barry Welsh. From 2005 to 2007, he served as the chairman of the Republican Study Committee.
- Mike ran for the Republican nomination for governor of Indiana in 2012. He became the 50th governor of Indiana on January 14, 2013. He ran for governor for the second time in the Indiana gubernatorial election, 2016, and won. From 2009 to 2011, he served as the chairman of the House Republican Conference.
- In the Republican Party vice presidential candidate selection, 2016, Donald Trump considered Mike as his vice-presidential running mate. He was elected Vice President of the United States as Trump’s running mate on November 8, 2016. After that, he became the chairman of President-elect Trump’s transition team. Mike then visited South Korea to meet with acting President Hwang Kyo-Ahn on April 16, 2017. He has taken strong actions against gambling, crime, and illegal drugs.
- In May 2017, Pence filed FEC paperwork to form Great America Committee, a PAC that would be headed by his former campaign staffers Nick Ayers and Marty Obst. This is the only time a vice president has started his own PAC while still in office. Pence denied a New York Times article’s allegations that he will run for president in 2020, calling them “laughable and absurd”, and said the article was “disgraceful and offensive”.
Is Mike Pence married?
Reflecting on his personal life, Mike and Karen Pence have been married since 1985. They are having a quality of life to date. They have three children together named Michael, Charlotte, and Audrey. His wife is a former basic school teacher who has also been associated with youth-related nonprofit organizations. In the period of Pence’s assistance in the House, his family resided in Arlington, Virginia. Pence is a lifetime devotee of the Chicago Cubs and the Indianapolis Colts.
How much net worth does Mike Pence own?
Vice President Mike Pence is not a billionaire like President Donald Trump. This is clearly because of the fact of him not being a businessman like Trump. The former governor is undoubtedly a political success since starting his career after school but that long stay in public service has not piled up wealth for him.
In fact, his wealth is based entirely on the values of his pension. Based on the former governor’s statement, he has a pension from the state of Indiana worth between $500,000 and $2 million. Meanwhile, as the vice president of the United States, he makes a more than $230,700 salary with impressive retirement benefits.
How tall is Mike Pence?
Observing his body statistics, Mike stands a height of 5 Feet and 9 Inches tall. He weighs 72 kg. He has white hair and hazel brown eyes. His other body measurements are yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosure, we will let you know.