Miranda is a Brazilian footballer who plays as a central defender for Italian club Inter Milan and the Brazilian national team.
Facts of Miranda
|Age:||39 years 0 months|
|Birth Date:||September 07, 1984|
|Birth Place:||Paranavai, Brazil|
|Net Worth:||$7 M|
|Children:||two (Luquinhas, Jojo)|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Joao Miranda|
|Mother's Name:||Maria Miranda|
|Height / How tall :||6.1 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Miranda|
A Brazilian footballer who plays as a central defender for Italian club Inter Milan and the Brazilian national team is famed as Miranda. He began his career at Coritiba and he spent 2005-2006 season with Sochaux in France before returning to Brazil to play for Sao Paulo. He was also named in the Team of the Year four consecutive times from 2007 to 2010. He made his full international debut for Brazil in the year 2009 and was a member of the squad which won the Confederations Cup that year. He also played at two Copa America tournaments and the 2018 FIFA World Cup, captaining Brazil at the Copa America Centenario. His playing position is Centre back and plays by wearing shirt number of 23 for Inter Milan and 3 for Brazil National Team. He played for several clubs like Sao Paulo, Sochaux, and Atletico Madrid. The defender also represented his national team in several games. In 2016, he became the captain for Brazil’s 2014 FIFA World Cup team. As of 2018, he was selected in the final 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Gossips and Rumors
Brazil 1-0 Argentina: Miranda converts Neymar’s corner in stoppage time as star-studded Selecao snatch Superclasico win over fierce rivals. In the game, there was no Lionel Messi for Argentina as Lionel Scaloni opted plenty of different faces in starting line-up where Neymar led strong Brazil side including Liverpool stars Alisson and Roberto Firmino in starting side. Both managers made plenty of changes in the second period but attacking talent on show failed to create much. Argentina showed plenty of fight and the referee was kept busy with plenty of niggle on show in Saudi Arabia
In the dying moments, Miranda powered his header past Sergio Romero from Neymar’s whipped corner. Miranda edges Brazil past Argentina while Belgium and Holland draw. A stoppage-time goal from Miranda gave Brazil a 1-0 victory over Argentina in a foul-strewn friendly in Saudi Arabia. The central defender beat the goalkeeper Sergio Romero to a Neymar corner and headed home, deciding a game that looked set to go to penalties. “Scoring a goal against Argentina is always gratifying and always exciting,” Miranda said.
Early Life of Miranda
On 7th September 1984, Miranda was born in Paranavai, Brazil with the birth name of Joao Miranda de Souza Filho. He was born to mother, Maria Miranda de Souza, and father, Joao Miranda. His nationality is Brazilian. His ethnicity is Afro-European. His star sign is Virgo.
Miranda has not spoken about his educational qualification to the media.
He began his junior playing career with the local Brazilian club, Coritiba.
Body Features of Miranda
Miranda is a very handsome person with attractive body features. Talking about his height and weight, he stands at the height of 6 feet 1 inch tall and weighs about 78 kg. His hair color is Black and eye color is also Black. His other body features such as body measurement, chest size, and more will be updated soon.
Early Career of Miranda
- Miranda started his career at Coritiba, where he made 89 appearances and scored 6 goals.
- In the year 2005, he signed with Sochaux for a 4-year deal where he made 20 appearances for this club.
- He returned to Brazil in the year 2016 on loan to Sao Paulo FC and signed with this club in the year 2007 till 2011.
- He also won the 2006 Campeonato Brasileiro and went to win 2007 and the 2008 editions of the Campeonato Brasileiro also, even being selected for the “Team of the Year” in both 2007 and 2008 respectively.
- In the year 2011, Miranda joined Spanish side Atletico Madrid and later signed a 3-year contract.
- He made his team debut on 25th August 2011 in a 4–0 thumping of Portuguese side Vitoria S.C. in the second leg of their Europa League playoff round tie.
- He then made his La Liga debut on 10th September in a 1–0 loss to Valencia CF.
- On 11th March 2012, he scored his first goal against Granada CF and his European goal for the club came against Valencia in the same year of March.
- He was also nominated in 2014 as the best defender in La Liga.
- At the end of season 2014-2015, he scored 13 goals appearing in 178 games.
- Miranda signed a 2-year contract on loan with a fee of €4 million with Serie A club Inter Milan on 30th June 2015.
- He made his club debut on 23rd August against Atalanta.
- He played 32 games over the campaign, scoring once in a 3-1 victory against Sampdoria at the San Siro on 20th February 2016.
- In the ongoing season of 2017-2018, he scored 1 goal appearing in 99 games.
International Career of Miranda
- Miranda has represented his nation in the international side also.
- He received his first call-up to the national team on 20th August 2007 against Algeria.
- On 1st April 2009, he made his first international appearance for Brazil in a 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification match against Peru.
- He was also the part of the Brazil squad which won the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup in South Africa.
- He was one of seven players put on standby for Brazil’s 2014 FIFA World Cup team.
- He was also included in Brazil’s 23-man squad for the 2015 Copa America held in Chile in May 2015.
- He was named as Brazil’s captain for the Copa America Centenario in the United States on May 2016.
- On 6th September 2016, he scored his first international goal in the second minute of a 2-1 win over Colombia in Manaus in 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification.
- In May 2018, he was selected as final 23-squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Affairs of Miranda
Miranda is a married man with Jaque Miranda. The couple is blessed with two sons named Luquinhas and Jojo. The couple is believed to be together for around 15 years and has mentioned 12th June as their anniversary. However, their actual marriage date is not revealed yet and will be updated soon. The couple is living a happy life and there is no any sign of separation between them.
Net worth of Miranda
The net worth of this famous footballer, Miranda’s along with endorsing sports brands like Addidas is estimated to be above $7 million as of 2018. His annual wage is around € 5 million and his weekly salary is around €96,000 which he receives from playing for Internazionale or Inter Milan. He has a market worth in the region of £8 million. He is earning a good amount of money from his football career. The main source of his income is from his football career.