Facts of Ozuna
|Age:||30 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||March 13, 1992|
|Lucky Color:||Sea Green|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Cancer, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Ozuna|
Juan Carlos Ozuna Rosado professionally named Ozuna is a Puerto Rican reggaeton and Latin trap singer. He is also known widely as “New King of Reggaeton”. In August 2017, he released his debut studio album, “Odisea”, which reached the very top of US Top Latin Albums (Billboard) charts. The album also sold more than 360k units in the United States. He made his first TV show appearance in the Hermanos en la clandestinidad episode of the musical drama TV series, “Guerra de Idolos” in 2017. He made his acting debut in the film “Que Leon”. He started writing songs at the age of 13. He started building his music career in the 2000s while performing in New York City. He started his singing career in 2012 with the release of his single, “Imaginando”. Early in his career, he used to perform under the stage name of “J Oz”. He also had collaborated with Musicologo & Menes to get a foothold in the music industry. He got his first big breakthrough as he signed a contract with the record label, “Golden Family Records” in 2014. He rose to fame with the release of his single, “Si No Te Quiere” in 2014. His second album “Aura” was released on August 24, 2018, through VP Records, Dimelo VI Distribution, and Sony Music Latin featuring collaborations with J Balvin, Akon, Cardi B, and Romeo Santos. He describes himself as a “typical boricua with Dominican blood.” His fourth studio album, Enoc, is scheduled for release in 2020.
Ozuna stars on the cover of ‘Rolling Stone’ in Mexico and Colombia
Ozuna is the protagonist of the cover of the most recent editions of the magazine “Rolling Stone” in Mexico and Colombia, in which he also highlights details of his next album, “ENOC” in an interview. On the cover of the Mexican version, which the artist published on Instagram, Ozuna appears in profile, while in the Colombian version the singer poses head-on showing some of the tattoos he has on his right arm among them an old microphone, dreadlocks, a handkerchief, and various jewels. “Ozuna, representing, the Puerto Rican who put Latin music at the top of the industry”, highlights the cover of the magazine of both editions. On this cover, Bad Bunny appeared with a mask, priority clothing in helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Being a famous Puerto Rican reggaeton and Latin trap singer.
- For his songs such as Si No Te Quiere, No Quiere Enamorarse, Dile Que Tu Me Quieres, Te Vas, and Tu Foto.
- For collaborating with popular music artists such as Daddy Yankee, Cardi B, and Romeo Santos.
What is the Real Name of Ozuna?
Ozuna was born on 13th March 1992 with the real name/birth name of Juan Carlos Ozuna Rosado. His birthplace is in San Juan, Puerto Rico, the USA. He was born to his parents; Dominican father and a Puerto Rican mother. His mother’s name is Yomary Rosado Marrero. He grew up in very poor family background. He was raised by his grandparents. When he was three, his father was murdered. His mother was not financially stable. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is Mixed. His race is black. Regarding his education, he attended a college in New York City in 2000’s decade. He grew up listening to traditional Latin genres such as salsa and bachata, which have influenced his musical style. Pisces is his Zodiac sign. As of 2020, he celebrated his 28th birthday.
How was the Career of Ozuna?
- At the age of thirteen, Ozuna began to write songs and has also worked with Musicologo & Menes.
- In the year 2012, he made his debut with the song named “Imaginando”.
- In the year 2014, he signed a recording contract with Golden Family Records and began to publish his songs on YouTube.
- He then began an ongoing popular streak with his breakthrough hit “Si Tu Marido No Te Quiere”, originally featuring D.OZi which achieved success on radio and was eventually well known across Latin America.
- He gained wider recognition after his appearance in the single “La Ocasión”, a collaboration with DJ Luian, Mambo Kingz, De La Ghetto, Arcángel, and Anuel AA in the year 2016. The single also reached number 22 on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart.
- After then, he released a remix of his song “No Quiere Enamorarse”, featuring Daddy Yankee in March and released his most popular single at the time, “Dile Que Tu Me Quieres” in September which earned him a place at number 13 on the Billboard Latin chart.
- Not only this but also he had two other songs that made it to the ranking, “Si Tu Marido No Te Quiere (Remix)” (featuring Arcángel and Farruko) and “En La Intimidad”, which reached the top 30.
- He then signed an agreement with Sony Music Latin in June 2017.
- In the same year, he released his album named “Odisea” and other many singles as “Dile Que Tu Me Quieres”, “Después de las 12″,”Tu Foto” and so on.
- “Odisea” spent 46 weeks at the top of the Billboard Latin Albums chart, the second-longest run of all time after Gloria Estefan’s Mi Tierra. The Odisea tour began on 26th May 2017, in Atlanta, and included over 25 cities, among them, Chicago, Miami, Houston, and Los Angeles.
- Additionally, he released several collaborations, including “La Rompe Corazones” (featuring Daddy Yankee), “Escápate Conmigo” (featuring Wisin), “Ahora Dice” (with J Balvin, Arcángel, and Chris Jeday).
- Among them, “Escapate Conmigo” topped the Latin Airplay chart and reached number 76 on the Billboard Hot 100 in October 2017.
- On 10th August 2017, “Se Preparó” was released.
- In December 2017, he released the single “La Modelo” featuring Cardi B. The song debuted at number 52 on the Billboard Hot 100 for the chart dated 6th January 2018, becoming Ozuna’s first entry to the ranking as a lead act, following his featuring with Wisin’s “Escápate Conmigo” and Natti Natasha’s “Criminal”.
- On 24th August 2018, he released his second studio album named “Aura” which debuted at number seven on the US Billboard 200 with 49,000 album-equivalent units (including 7,000 pure album sales). It is the biggest sales week of 2018 for a Latin album.
- Ozuna was named YouTube’s most-viewed artist globally of 2018, and in October of that year, ‘Time’ included him on their annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world.
- He has also devoted himself to the field of movies. He made his role in his debut film “Que Leon” in 2018. He also appeared in “Los Leones” as the main role and he will next appear in the 2021 film “F9”.
- After that, he worked with DJ Snake, Cardi B, and Selena Gomez on the song “Taki Taki” in October 2018 which reached number eleven on the US Billboard Hot 100 becoming the most-streamed song on Spotify in that month and reached over 20 million views on Youtube in the day following the release of the song’s accompanying music video on October 9.
- In July 2019, “China” was released which became his fourth number one on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart.
- He then released his third album “Nibiru” on 29th November 2019 and performed at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in November of the same year.
- The album “Niburu” reached the peak position of number 41 on the US Billboard Hot 100 on 14th December 2019, remaining on the chart for eight weeks becoming his third album in a row to top the Hot Latin Albums chart.
- Recently, he released the singles “Mamacita, with the Black Eyed Peas, as well as “Caramelo”. The single “Caramelo” was released as the lead single from his upcoming fourth studio album “Enoc”, scheduled for release in 2020.
- His both singles topped the US Latin Airplay chart, becoming Ozuna’s 19th and 20th chart-toppers, putting him in a tie with Daddy Yankee for third-most number-ones.
Ozuna’s Awards and Achievements
Ozuna is an award-winning singer. In the year 2017, he won the category of Best Breakthrough Artist at the Premios Juventud. At the 2018 iHeartRadio Music Awards, he won the category of Best New Latin Award. He became the 2018 Billboard Music Award Top Latin Artist of the Year winner and the Billboard Latin Music Award Artist of the Year. Altogether, he has received numerous awards, including 5 Billboard Music Awards, 12 Billboard Latin Music Awards, 6 Latin American Music Awards, 8 Lo Nuestro Awards, and has been Latin Grammy-nominated.
Who is Ozuna’s Wife?
Ozuna is a married man. He is married to his pretty wife, Taina Marie Melendez. The couple was in a relationship for many years before they finally decided to get married. The duo is also blessed with a daughter named Sophia Ozuna Melendez and a son named Jacob Andres Ozuna Melendez. The couple is living a happy and peaceful life together and there is no sign of separation between them. They are enjoying their life fully. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. Recently, he closed on the house in Miami’s Coconut Grove for nearly $5.5 million, under NibiruInternational LLC. Ozuna controls the company, which is named after his 2019 album, “Nibiru”. The five-bedroom, seven-bathroom home in Coconut Grove spans about 7,000 square feet with a pool, wine cellar, home theater, outdoor kitchen, and gym.
Moving depth to his personal life, he was arrested along with his work team at the El Dorado International Airport in Bogotá, Colombia, by immigration agents on 5th January 2017. In January 2019, he confirmed that he had been the victim of an extortion scam involving an explicit video filmed of him when he was a minor. He also apologized to his fans and family.
How much is Ozuna’s Net Worth?
Ozuna is a professional singer who has made a huge amount of money from his singing career which is his major source of wealth. His income comes from his album sales, concerts, singles, mixtapes, tickets, tours, endorsements, and more. As of 2020, his net worth is estimated to have $4 Million. He is earning a good amount of money from his career. His salary is not revealed yet and will be updated soon but there is no doubt in the mind of his follower that he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his career work. He is satisfied with his earning as of now. As per his brand endorsements, he has appeared in a TV commercial for “Toyota Corolla”. He can be seen living a luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is Ozuna?
Ozuna is a very handsome singer with a hot body. He has got an attractive personality. He has got a tall height of 1.65 m and his balanced weight is 60 kg. His hair color is black and the eye color of Ozuna is brown. He has a balanced and healthy body. He gains a lot of attention from viewers due to his glowing face and charming smile. His body build is slim. He maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercises. He has got a healthy body as of now.