Padma Lakshmi is one of the most successful cookbook authors in the world.
Facts of Padma Lakshmi
|Full Name:||Padma Lakshmi|
|Age:||52 years 7 months|
|Birth Date:||September 01, 1970|
|Birth Place:||Tamil Nadu, India|
|Net Worth:||$30 M|
|Marital Status:||In Relation|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Mother's Name:||Vijaya Lakshmi|
|Height / How tall :||5.9 inch|
|Waist Size:||27 inch|
|Bra Size:||38 inch|
|Hip Size:||40 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Padma Lakshmi|
Padma Lakshmi is one of the most successful cookbook authors in the world and she has been a great actress and TV personality as well. She is an American author, actress, model, TV host, and executive producer. She made her debut with the cookbook Easy Exotic, which won her the “Best First Book” award at the 1999 Gourmand World Cookbook Awards.
She has been the host of the US reality television program Top Chef since season two in 2006, for which she received a nomination for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program. She won the Emmy Award in 2010, for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program.
Bio, Age, Parents, Nationality
Talking about her early life, Padma Lakshmi was born in Madras, Tamil Nadu, India. Her birth name is Padma Parvati Lakshmi Vaidyanathan. Her dad Vaidyanathan was an executive in a pharmaceutical company, Pfizer and her mom Vijaya Lakshmi was a medical attendant who had some expertise in oncology. Lakshmi’s parents divorced when she was 2 years old. Both of her parents later remarried, and she has a younger half-brother and half-sister on her father’s side.
Lakshmi experienced her childhood in both her grandparents’ home in Chennai and her mom’s in New York. She communicates in English, Hindi, Italian, and Spanish. Tamil is her native language. She is of Tamil Indian ethnicity and holds an American nationality.
Regarding her education, Padma Lakshmi went to Workman High School in the City of Industry, California. She is a 1992 graduate of Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts, USA, where she got a B.A. with a Distinction in Theater Arts.
Quick Facts About Padma Lakshmi
|Age||52 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||September 1, 1970|
|Full Name||Padma Parvati Lakshmi Vaidynathan|
|Profession||Author, Activist, Model, Host, Writer|
Padma Lakshmi – Career, Net worth – 2023
Her net worth is $30 million at present, which proves her success in the industry. She has earned a huge amount of salary in her career. She earned $50 thousand per episode from her work.
- Padma Lakshmi began her modeling career at the age of 21 when she was studying in Spain. An agent had discovered her when she was sitting in a café.
- She modeled for top designers like Giorgio Armani, Emanuel Ungaro, Gianni Versace, Alberta Ferretti, and Ralph Lauren. She also did ad campaigns for Roberto Cavalli and Versus.
- While some designers hired her to model their winter lines, which hid her scar in layers, she also worked with top photographer Helmut Newton, who highlighted the scar on her arm. It planted an important message that beauty comes in all colors, shapes, and forms. After Newton’s endorsement, other major photographers and designers began hiring her.
- She became interested in acting in 1999. Her first role was in ‘Figlio di Sandokan, an Italian pirate movie. Next, she did a role in ‘Caraibi’ (Pirates: Blood Brothers), a drama about 17th-century pirates. She also hosted Italy’s top-rated television show ‘Domenica In.’ In 2001, she did a comical supporting role as a disco singer in ‘Glitter’, an American movie.
- In 2002, she starred in ‘Precious Cargo,’ an episode of the science TV series ‘Star Trek: Enterprise’. She portrayed Sean Bean’s nemesis Madhuvanthi in the 2004–05 TV series ‘Sharpe’s Challenge’.
- In 2003, she appeared in the film ‘Boom’ as Shiela Bardez, a supermodel accused of stealing diamonds. She portrayed the role of Geeta in Paul Mayeda Berges’ film ‘The Mistress of Spices’ in 2005. She also made a guest appearance on the NBC series ‘30 Rock’ in 2009, and starred in ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’ in 2014.
- In 2006, she appeared in Padma Lakshmi’s TV series ‘The Ten Commandments’. She also hosts the popular television show ‘Top Chef’, which she joined in 2006. She also serves as an executive producer of the show.
- Continue Reading Below
- In 2009, she starred in Eels music video for the song ‘That Look You Give That Guy,’ where she played the love interest of Mark Oliver Everett.
- Besides modeling and acting, she also writes cookbooks—the first one was ‘Easy Exotic’, a compilation of recipes from different countries. The book made her popular, and she was called to host a Food Network series called ‘Padma’s Passport’.
- She also hosted ‘Planet Food’, a British culinary tourism show aired on the Food Network in the US and internationally on the Discovery Channels. It was an hour-long special on South India and Spain.
- She released her second cookbook, ‘Tangy, Tart, Hot, and Sweet’, on October 2, 2007. Her debut memoir, ‘Love, Loss, and What We Ate,’ was released on International Women’s Day on March 8, 2016. She also released the ‘Encyclopedia of Spices and Herbs’ in October 2016.
- She used to write a syndicated column in ‘The New York Times’, and has also written several articles on style for the American edition of ‘Vogue’ magazine. She wrote a column on style for ‘Harper’s Bazaar’ as well.
Body Measurements – Height, Weight
Talking about her body measurements, she has been standing with a perfect height of 5 feet 9 inches (1.75 m) and weighs around 68 kg. She has a seductive body size of 38-27-40 inches and her bra size is 36B. She has an hourglass body shape with black hair color and brown eye color.
Relationship Status of Padma Lakshmi
Reflecting on her personal life, She was dating her boyfriend Salman Rushdie before the couple chose to take their relationship to another level and got married in the year 2004. The couple was going strong until the point that some serious issues began in their relationship. The couple experienced the procedure of separation in the year 2007 soon after three years of marriage.
After that, she has been involved with financial speculator Adam Dell. The couple has one child and she is her little girl whose name is Krishna Thea Lakshmi-Dell. After testing DNA, it is proved that her daughter’s father is Adam Dell. She was additionally in a relationship with Teddy Forstmann, the Ex administrator and previous CEO of IMG. In 2014, she has been in a relationship with an American actor character, Richard Gere. Later their relationship breaks up. At the current time, she is single and lives happily with her daughter.
Padma Lakshmi Awards and Achievements
- Padma Lakshmi has appeared on the covers of many magazines including ‘Vogue India,’ ‘L’Officiel India,’ ‘Cosmopolitan,’ ‘Asian Woman,’ ‘Avenue,’ ‘Industry Magazine,’ ‘Marie Claire India,’ ‘Harper’s Bazaar,’ and ‘Newsweek.’
- Her cookbook ‘Easy Exotic’ was awarded Best First Book at the 1999 Gourmand World Cookbook Awards.
- In 2007, ‘Top Chef’, the program she hosted, was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program. In 2009, she was nominated for the Emmy Award for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program for the same program ‘Top Chef’.
FAQs of ABC
Who is Padma Lakshmi’s baby daddy?
- Adam Dell Is the Father of Padma Lakshmi’s Daughter.
What happened to Padma’s right arm?
- The Top Chef host was in a brutal car accident when she was 14. Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi has a noticeable scar on her right arm. The scar resulted from a brutal car accident when she was 14. Initially, she was super self-conscious of the mark, but now she embraces it.
Why is Padma Lakshmi famous?
- Padma Lakshmi is an Emmy-nominated producer, television host, food expert, and a New York Times best-selling author. She is the creator, host, and executive producer of the critically acclaimed Hulu series Taste the Nation, currently in production for its second season.
Also Read: Karen Riotoc Moscow, Melissa Mack