Facts of Patrick Chung
|Full Name:||Patrick Chung|
|Age:||35 years 3 months|
|Birth Date:||August 19, 1987|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Patrick Chung|
An American football strong safety who is currently playing for the New England Patriots of the National Football League is named as Patrick Chung. He was drafted by the Patriots in the second round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He plays by wearing a jersey number of 23 in the position of Strong Safety.
Gossips and Rumors
The Patriots will be without three of their top defenders in tonight’s matchup with the Detroit Lions high-powered offense. Defensive end Trey Flowers, safety Patrick Chung and cornerback Eric Rowe have all been ruled out. Flowers and Chung suffered concussions in the Week 2 loss to Jacksonville and did not practice this week. Rowe was limited all week with a groin injury.
- For ending his career at Oregon having started more games than anyone in school history with 51.
Early Life of Chung
Patrick Chung was born on 19th August 1987 in Kingston, Jamaica. His nationality is Jamaican. Currently, he is 31. Talking about his family members, his father name is Ronald Chung and his mother name is Sophia George-Chung. He has four brothers and three sisters.
Moving towards his education, he completed his high school from Rancho Cucamonga High School located in California. He is graduated from Oregon College.
Body Features of Chung
Chung has got a balanced and healthy body features. He looks very attractive as well as cool. Due to his bright smile and sexy body, he has gained a lot of followers towards him. He has a tall height of 1.80 m and has a balanced weight of 98 Kg.
Career of Chung
- In the year 2004, he was enrolled at the University of Oregon and was provided red-shirt.
- After that, he took over at the “rover” position in the year 2005 ranking second on the team with 91 tackles (5 solos).
- In the year 2005 and 2006, he earned All-Pac-10 honorable mention.
- He also received the Gordon E. Wilson Award in his college career.
- On 16th January 2008, he decided to forgo his last year of eligibility and enter the 2008 NFL Draft and after that, he participated in the 2009 Senior Bowl as part of Cincinnati Bengals and lost 18–35 to the South on 24th January 2009.
- The New England Patriots selected Chung in the second round (34th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft in the year 2008.
- On 27th July 2009, he was signed by the New England Patriots for a 4-year contract with a transfer fee of $2 Million and made his debut against Buffalo Bills and recorded one tackle in their 25–24 victory.
- He appeared in his first career playoff game as the Patriots were defeated 33-14 by the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC Wildcard Game on 10th January 2010.
- He started in the New England Patriots 2009 season-opener against the Cincinnati Bengals and collected a career-high 16 combined tackles (12 solos) in their 38-24 victory.
- On 18th September 2011, he made five combined tackles during a 35-21 win against the San Diego Chargers in Week 2 and was inactive for Week 3 due to his injury.
- For the season of 2012, he started the first six games of the season before sustaining a shoulder injury and missing four games (Weeks 7-11).
- After playing a long time for New England Patriots, he was signed by Philadelphia Eagles on 12th March 2013 with a fee of $10 Million for 3 years.
- He made his team debut at the Washington Redskins and recorded seven combined tackles in their 33-27 victory.
- On 11th March 2014, he was released due to his problems with tackling and injuries.
- Again, New England Patriots signed Chung on 3rd April 2014 with a fee of $1.10 Million for 1 year.
- On 9th January 2015, his contract was extended to 3 years with a fee of $8.20 Million.
- On 7th October 2016, he made seven combined tackles, a pass deflection, and intercepted a pass by Charlie Whitehurst during a 33-13 win against the Cleveland Browns in Week 5.
- He finished the 2017 season with 84 combined tackles (71 solos), nine pass deflections, and a sack in 16 games and 11 starts.
- On 19th March 2018, the New England Patriots signed Chung to a 2-year with a fee of $7.80 million keeping him under contract through the 2020 season.
- Chung was also named a team captain for the first time.
Affairs of Chung
Chung is a married man. He was married to Cecilia Champion in the year 2012. The couple is blessed with their first child, Taj James Chung, on September 18, 2010. The couple is living a happy and peaceful life.
Net Worth of Chung
The net worth of this famous American football who plays for New England Patriots is in Millions. The estimated net worth of Patrick Chung is around $4 Million as of 2018. He is earning a good amount of money from his career. His major source of income is from playing football. He is satisfied with his earning.