Facts of Peter Kay
|Full Name:||Peter Kay|
|Age:||50 years 5 months|
|Birth Date:||July 02, 1973|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Peter Kay|
Peter Kay is an English comedian and actor. Kay has written, produced, and acted in several television and film projects, and authored three books. He began working part-time as a stand-up comedian, winning the North West Comedian of the Year award. In 2016, He won the BAFTA TV Award for Best Male Comedy Performance, the BAFTA TV Award for Best Scripted Comedy and the National Television Award for Best Comedy for Car Share. He also received an honorary doctorate from the University of Salford. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Peter Kay famous for?
- An English comedian and actor.
Where is Peter Kay from?
Going back to his early life, Peter Kay was born as Peter John Kay to her parents in Farnworth, Lancashire, England. He holds an English nationality and he has Irish ancestry and belongs to White ethnicity. He was born to a father, Michael Kay, and a mother, Deirdre O’Neill. Further, his birth sign in Cancer and his religion is Roman Catholicism.
for education, He attended Mount Saint Joseph RC School. He then attended the University of Liverpool, where he studied Drama, Theater Studies, and English Literature. Later, He studied a Higher National Diploma (HND) in media performance (including stand-up) at the University of Salford’s Adelphi Campus School of Media, Music, and Performance.
What does Peter Kay do?
- Talking about his career journey, Peter’s first TV project was in a 1997 episode of New Voices, a comedy series that showcased rising talent. His episode, “Two Minutes”, written by Johanne McAndrew, saw him play a getaway driver as two of his friends attempted to rob a pub of its takings.
- In 1997, he played a delivery driver in the BBC drama Born to Run. After presenting a slot titled “Peter Kay’s World of Entertainment” on BBC Two’s The Sunday Show, He made an episode of Channel 4’s Comedy Lab, “The Services”, in 1998, which won a Royal Television Society award for best newcomer. This served as a pilot for That Peter Kay Thing.
- Following the series’ success, He and his co-writers, Neil Fitzmaurice and Dave Spikey used the episode “In the Club” as the basis for Phoenix Nights, which was an immediate hit.
- In 2004, He followed the success with Max and Paddy’s Road to Nowhere, a spin-off of Phoenix Nights. The show featured the bouncer characters from the show played by him and Paddy McGuinness and at times also featured other characters from Phoenix Nights. Six episodes were made and broadcast from November to December 2004 by Channel 4.
- In 2005, He was awarded a Rose d’Or at the international television festival in Montreux for Best Performance by an Actor.
- On 17th April 2006, Channel 4 broadcast a “Peter Kay Night”, showing out-takes from Phoenix Nights (previously featured on DVD), a behind-the-scenes documentary “180 – A Tour Documentary” which followed him behind the scenes of his Mum Wants a Bungalow tour and screened the whole Peter Kay Live in Manchester Arena show.
- In 2008, he returned to television after an absence of four years with the BAFTA-winning satire of reality talent shows, His Britain’s Got the Pop Factor… and Possibly a New Celebrity Jesus Christ Soapstar Superstar Strictly on Ice, which he co-wrote with Paul Coleman. The two-hour special was screened on Channel 4 on 17th October 2008. He won his second Royal Television Society award for the best actor for playing Geraldine McQueen, a transsexual dinner lady from Ireland.
- In 2009, He switched his musical fund-raising to Children in Need with the release of Peter Kay’s All-Star Animated Band, which had taken two years to complete. He brought together over 100 animated children’s characters in a six-minute animated medley. These characters included Thomas the Tank Engine, Bob the Builder and Paddington Bear.
- It also featured some of the characters’ original voice artists including Bernard Cribbins, Neil Morrissey, Ken Barrie, and Ringo Starr. The video was premiered on BBC1 on 20th November 2009.
- He returned his support to Comic Relief in 2011 with a cover version of “I Know Him So Well”. The song was re-recorded by multi-platinum selling singer Susan Boyle and Kay in the guise of Geraldine McQueen from Britain’s Got the Pop Factor. The video which accompanied the single was also directed by Kay and identically parodied the original video shot for shot. It premiered on Comic Relief on Friday, 18th March 2011.
- In May 2015 his sitcom Peter Kay’s Car Share began to air. The series was a success and a second series was commissioned to start in April 2017.
- In November 2017, He announced his intention to return to stand-up with his first tour in eight years. Peter Kay Live: Have Gags, Will Travel was scheduled to begin touring in 2018, beginning with the Genting Arena in April before touring at venues such as SSE Hydro, Manchester Arena, The O2 Arena, First Direct Arena, SSE Arena Belfast, Sheffield Arena, and Echo Arena Liverpool.
- Currently, He appeared in the television show, Peter Kay’s Comedy Shuffle since 2016. He also tours named have Gags, Will Travel from 2018 to 2019.
Who is Peter Kay married to?
Peter Kay is married to Susan Gargan. They first met while working at the local cinema in 1998. Later, The couple tied a knot to each other in 2001. The couple has a son, Charlie Michael Kay. The couple is believed to have other children. However, they have kept it very private. Further, The couple is the two directors of Goodnight Vienna Productions
How much is Peter Kay’s net worth?
Peter Kay earns from a stand-up comedy career. He is one of the best-selling stand-up comedians and his income comes from stand-up comedy tours. Besides comedy, he also earns from his acting career. He has appeared on numerous television series, sitcoms, and films. As per the online sources, his net worth is estimated at $70 million.
How tall is Peter Kay?
Talking about his body statistics, Peter has a height of 5 feet 9 inches and he weighs around 121 Kg. His eyes are dark brown and his hair color is also dark brown. Further, his other body information is still unknown. Whenever we will update, we will let you know.