Pink is one of the most temperamental, bright, and unique pops and a rock star all over the globe. She burst into show business with a pink bush of hair.
Facts of Pink
|Age:||43 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||September 08, 1979|
|Birth Place:||Doylestown, USA|
|Net Worth:||$200 million|
|Married Date:||January 07,2006|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||James Moore|
|Mother's Name:||Judith Moore|
|Education:||Central Bucks High School|
|Height / How tall :||5.4 inch|
|Waist Size:||25 inch|
|Bra Size:||34 inch|
|Hip Size:||34 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Pink|
“I've always felt that animals are the purest spirits in the world. They don't fake or hide their feelings, and they are the most loyal creatures on Earth. And somehow we humans think we're smarter....what a joke.”
Pink is one of the most temperamental, bright, and unique pops and a rock star all over the globe. She burst into show business with a pink bush of hair. Now, if to have a look at this energetic singer it is difficult even to believe that in childhood she suffered from asthma. But through it all, she led an active lifestyle, played football, and liked gymnastics. To learn more about the singer, read below.
Who are the parents of Pink?
Back to his early life, Pink was born in Doylestown in Pennsylvania to her mother Judith Moore and her father James Moore, an insurance salesman of German and Irish descent. James Moore was Catholic whilst her mother is of Jewish descent. Her less popular birth name is Alecia Beth Moore. Alecia at birth looked like a very healthy child but she soon developed Asthmatic complications during her early years.
Regarding her education, Pink went to high school at Central Bucks High School West. She was exposed to her parent’s marital issues and before her 10th birthday, they were already divorced. At a very early age, Pink discovered that she had a flair for singing and joined her first band called the middle ground but the band did not last as it was soon disbanded after losing the battle of the bands.
When did Pink pursue her music career?
- At a very early age, she began to also write the lyrics to her songs and her mother also commented on her writings, saying; “Her initial writings were always very introspective. Some of it was very black and very deep, almost worrisome.”
- She was just 14 when she began performing in clubs in Philadelphia and at that time she adopted the name Pink. Also at the same age, she was convinced to audition for the new member of an all-female group Basic Instinct but ultimately the band was disbanded without releasing any material.
- At, 16 Pink alongside 2 other teenagers Stephanie Galligan and Chrissy Conway formed the R&B group Choice, and their first song “Key to My Heart” helped the trio to get a contract at LaFace Records in Atlanta which was cosigned by their parents due to them being below the 18-year mark. Reid who gave the group their big break gave Pink an ultimatum which was to go solo or go home. That ultimatum led to the Choice being disbanded in 1998.
- Soon after The Choice was disbanded, Pink began to work on her debut solo album alongside some stellar producers, and soon after in February of 2000 her album was released titled “There You Go” which was her first top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and it reached its peak at number 7. She won her first trophy at the 2000 Billboard Music Awards for female New Artist and the ‘Recording Industry Association of America’ (RIAA) even certified it with double platinum.
- The album’s second song ‘Most Girls’ reached number four on the ‘Billboard Hot 100’ and topped the music charts in Australia. The same year, she even toured with the ‘NSYNC’ band in their ‘No Strings Attached Tour’.
- In 2001, she along with singers Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim, and Mýa recorded a cover of the song ‘Lady Marmalade’. This song met with huge success and even earned her the ‘Grammy Award’ for the first time.
- Her next album was ‘Missundaztood’ and in this album, and the first single of the album ‘Get the Party Started’ reached number four on the ‘Billboard Hot 100’ list. The song topped the music charts in Australia, Spain, Ireland, Romania, and New Zealand. It topped the ‘European Hot 100 Singles’ chart for four weeks.
- Other singles of the albums such as ‘Just Like a Pill’, ‘Don’t Let Me Get Me’ and ‘Family Portrait’ was also received well by the listeners and critics.
- In 2002, she made her first concert tour ‘Party Tour’ and also joined musician Lenny Kravitz in his ‘American Tour’. She was entitled to the ‘Top Female Billboard 200 Artist’ for the year.
- She wrote the songs of her fourth album ‘I’m Not Dead’ and it was released in April 2006 under the banner ‘LaFace Records’ which tuned out to be successful, and ranked among the top ten in the US, top five in the UK, and topped the charts in Australia and Germany.
- The song ‘Stupid Girls’ was a huge hit and even the music video of the song was immensely successful. The other songs of the album such as ‘Who Knew’, ‘Nobody Knows’, ‘Dear Mr. President’ and ‘Leave Me Alone (I’m Lonely)’ also met with some success. Subsequently, she went on the concert tour supporting the album ‘I’m Not Dead Tour’, which made a record of the biggest concert attendance for an arena tour by a female artist.
- During the period 2006-07, she performed with many artists such as India. Arie, Justin Timberlake, Natalia Druyts, and even wrote a few songs for some of them. At the same time, she also starred in the horror film ‘Catacombs’ along with Shannyn Sossamon.
- In 2008, her fifth studio album ‘Funhouse’ was released and the album topped the ‘ARIA’ charts. The first single of the album ‘So What’ was written by Pink along with Max Martin and Shellback. Its song did not have a proper release as it leaked online, but as soon as it reached the listeners, it became a smashing hit. The album consisted of other singles such as ‘Sober’, ‘Please Don’t Leave Me’, ‘Bad Influence’ and ‘Funhouse’.
- In October 2010, her song ‘Raise Your Glass’ was released which was the first release of the compilation album ‘Greatest Hits… So Far!!!’. This song topped the ‘Billboard Hot 100’ chart, and the second song of the album ‘Fuckin’ Perfect’ ranked second in the chart.
- In 2012, she wrote the songs of her next album ‘The Truth About Love’ which reached the music lovers the same year, ‘Blow Me (One Last Kiss)’ being its first single to be released. The album topped the ‘Billboard 200’ list and also became the ‘world’s sixth best-selling album’ for the year. The ‘RIAA’ gave it a double platinum certificate.
- In 2012, she featured in the song ‘Guns and Roses’ of the album ‘Trouble Man: Heavy Is the Head’. She was the songwriter of the songs ‘I Walk Alone’ and Lie to Me’ which featured in the album ‘Closer to the Truth’ by artist Cher. She did exceptional acting in the film ‘Thanks for Sharing’.
- In 2013, she entered into a contract with ‘RCA Records’ which was a multi-album contract. The following year, she collaborated with singer-songwriter Dallas Green and formed the band ‘You+Me.
- In 2014, the band ‘You+Me’ produced their first album named ‘rose ave’, and the album ranked number four on the ‘Billboard 200’ and also topped the ‘US Folk Albums’ chart.
- On October 23, 2018, Pink released her version of the song “A Million Dreams” from the upcoming “The Greatest Showman – Reimagined” album, a reworking of the soundtrack with contributions from various artists including Kelly Clarkson, Kesha, Jess Glynne, and Missy Elliott. Pink’s daughter, Willow Sage Hart is also featured on the album performing the song’s reprise.
- On February 5, 2019, Pink received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame; she further announced the release of her eighth album, Hurts 2B Human, which was released on April 26, 2019. The album’s lead single, “Walk Me Home” was released on February 20, 2019. On the release date, Pink performed the song alongside a medley of her biggest hits at the BRIT Awards, including “Try”, “Just Give Me a Reason” and “What About Us”. She was also awarded the Outstanding Contribution to Music Award at the ceremony.
What are the achievements of Pink?
- In 2000, she was awarded the ‘Best Pop New Artist’ at the ‘Billboard Music Awards’ for her song ‘There You Go’. Two years later, she won this award for ‘Top Billboard 200 Album Artist – Female’ and ‘Top Hot Top 40 Artist’.
- In 2001, she received the ‘Billboard Music Video Awards’ as the ‘Director of the Year’.
- She shared the ‘Grammy Award’ with Christina Aguilera, Lil Kim, and Mýa for the song ‘Lady Marmalade’ in 2002.
- She won her second ‘Grammy Award’ in the year 2004 in the ‘Best Female Rock Vocal Performance’ category.
- In 2011, she shared the ‘Grammy Award’ with Herbie Hancock, India. Arie, Seal, Konono Nº1, Jeff Beck and Oumou Sangaré in the ‘Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals’ category. The same year, she won the ‘ARIA Music Award’ as the ‘Best International Artist’.
Who is the husband of Pink?
Reflecting on her personal life, Pink was a married woman. She married the professional motocross racer, Carey Hart, in Costa Rica on January 7, 2006. The couple first met at the 2001 X Games in Philadelphia.
After months of speculation, Pink announced in February 2008, that she and Hart had separated. Hart subsequently appeared in the video for her 2008 song “So What”, which deals with their separation. The couple sought marriage counseling during their separation in hopes of reconciliation. In February 2010, Pink confirmed that she and Hart were back together. Hart also appears with Pink in the music video for her songs “Just Give Me a Reason”, “True Love”, and “Just like Fire”.
In November 2010, Pink announced on The Ellen DeGeneres Show that she and Hart were expecting their first child. In June 2011, she gave birth to their daughter, Willow Sage. In December 2016, she gave birth to their second child, a son, Jameson Moon.
How much net worth Pink owns?
Pink was the highest-earning touring female artist in 2013, amassing well over $20 million at that time. She also has occasionally shown her generous side, more so in November 2017 when she donated around $500,000 to aid those affected by Hurricane Harvey. That was incidentally when she released her 7th album “Truth about Trauma”. The superstar has sold a record number of over 40 million albums and has a staggering net worth of around $175 million at present.
How tall is Pink?
Observing her body physics, Pink stands a height of 5 feet 4 inches and weighs around 59 kg. She used to wear a 32B bra size, 5 (US) shoe size, and 6 (US) size of the dress. Further, Her body measures 34-25-34 inches.